The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for magica pre vet DK advice

Teflondon75
Teflondon75
✭✭
Pre vet, level 38, PS4 Dark elf Magica DK. All points in magica, 5/2 light heavy. 5 piece Kagrenac's, 3-4 piece magnus(resto - 3, SnB - 4) stats are around 21K hp, 31K magica, 11?ish stam. Spell damage buffed with entropy is about 2100(dual wield was around 24-2500almost...no gap closer felt much much too odd) I've been using drinks even though my magica regen is crazy high base because my problem is stam hah. buffed is around 3000-3100 magica regen/1100 stam. My current skill load out is SnB: invasion, Petrify(would be searing strike or fiery breath...lvling lines), flame lash, dragon scales, talons. Resto: Rapid, entropy, Blessing of resto, igneous, volatile. Both ults are Devouring swarm atm because my mist form is base(sucks) and some skills would change but I am leveling skill lines etc.

My problem is I feel like I do barely any damage, and WB...wrecks me lol. This is what scares me in BWB, not really sorcs or temps. It's stam sors, stam DK's and mostly NB's. Half the server seems to be WB goons lol. My stam is gone after a CC break or two and or a roll and then just one WB launch and yep....dead. They get 2-3 WB's plus a Exe and it's dead. Seemingly I'd have to hit somebody 10-15 times with my flame lash to do much. Now, I feel like I can really support the group "IF" I stand back and heal with igneous up and invasion/talons spam where needed etc. But my goodness, this does not feel right and I admit I over extend a lot....and die. For a non champion skill level DK what is my best role fit for magica DK pre bis/vet etc? Even though my stam is horrendous should I still drop the drinks for purple max stat foods? they are now vet 15 tooled so the boost is quite large. Anyway, any magica DK advice on role/skill selection would be great! thanks
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the drinks once you have maxed the Earthen Heart line and unlocked Helping Hands passive.... this allows you to spam Ig' Shield to restore stam.
    Try to keep moving while facing the WB spam... Talons them in place and move through and around them.
    Unfortunately Magicka S&B DKs have very little burst damage until they unlock Shooting Star & Proxy Det, so you need to wear them down.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to rotate with petrify and talons against stam builds, whenever they aren't petrified they should be in your talons forcing them to breakfree and roll until they run out of stam so you can have your way with them. As for Nightblades if they are that much of a problem slot Inferno on one of your bars, the fireball will shoot at stealthed and cloaked players revealing them
    Edited by Spliffo on November 25, 2015 6:15AM
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spliffo wrote: »
    You need to rotate with petrify and talons against stam builds, whenever they aren't petrified they should be in your talons forcing them to breakfree and roll until they run out of stam so you can have your way with them. As for Nightblades if they are that much of a problem slot Inferno on one of your bars, the fireball will shoot at stealthed and cloaked players revealing them

Knew I forgot something^... petrify is really good... also, you can use the AoE effect of Volatile to pull NBs out of stealth.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Teflondon75
    Teflondon75
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies! I don't have inferno yet! :( I do not have the last skill of any line as of yet. I'm just about skill rank 6 in pvp(barrier/caltrops) so still another couple weeks for proxy and for sure into the vet ranks. I do use talons a LOT when I see WB spammers. Sometimes(often?) it seems as if my talons does not grab them at all and they did not dodge roll. Maybe latency and they were out of range at the time, not sure. I'm not worried about NB's per se, it's really just the WB spam =/ I often avoid several. The problem is it seems to only take one, when my stam is down and then they have free reign for about 3 plus an execute. I feel so silly talons, talons, talons, talons. I guess I wish I didn't have to just "Spam" one ability to counter their spam :P Anyhow thanks for the help! I'll see what I can do
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I know how you feel on BWB...

I am also a DK and i run 2H and S&B....

I decided that if i could not beat the WB spam i would join it...

I eventually got my gap closer on S&B(Invasion pre-Morph)

I wear mordulkin set and song of Lamae(resistances)
    I still get wrecked by WB spammers......

I am working on getting vigour as GDB REALLY SUCKS now.

The problem is 90% of the WB spammers also run Evasion(morphed)
    and some even run immovable..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Teflondon75
    Teflondon75
    ✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know how you feel on BWB...

I am also a DK and i run 2H and S&B....

I decided that if i could not beat the WB spam i would join it...

I eventually got my gap closer on S&B(Invasion pre-Morph)

I wear mordulkin set and song of Lamae(resistances)
    I still get wrecked by WB spammers......

I am working on getting vigour as GDB REALLY SUCKS now.

The problem is 90% of the WB spammers also run Evasion(morphed)
    and some even run immovable..

Ahh, I had forgotten about evasion/immovable lol. I think only immovable would grant the root immunity. Evasion seems ot be for snares. That must be why so often my talons don't seem to grab people. hah, well. I wish I knew how to balance stam resources better. I don't really feel I use more than I should and yet I often seem empty lol.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try running immovable potions