The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wrothgar: is it really for non-VR players?

Fazmerir
Fazmerir
Having read other posts elsewhere (and playing daily with a L27 DK confirming some of the opinions), the question must be asked. This plus one other: "Is Orsinium really for the solo-players of the non-VR variety [despite the somewhat biased level-scaling]?".

Trying to to go for the Kingmaker title, I'm stalled on my first solo-boss, Ice-Heart.
PS4 EU Aldmeri Dominion
PSN ID: Yoda001PT
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think non vets benefit specially from Orsinium, as it is battle leveled you don't have to meet the requirements of other zones (Craglorn, for example), but it still is good XP for vets as well... Orsinium is the model for the next DLC's, in my opinion
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made Kingmaker on a mag dk at level 28. That character has been living in Wrothgar since his conception, so it's most definitely possible.
    With Ice-Heart, the trick is not to stand in the red stuff. It hurts, a lot. It does disappear after a time, then rush in and give him all you've got.
  • Fazmerir
    Fazmerir
    And as far as bosses go are the others as tough as Ice-Heart is?
    PS4 EU Aldmeri Dominion
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fazmerir wrote: »
    And as far as bosses go are the others as tough as Ice-Heart is?
    Not really. Even the very last boss fight you have, I would say in on-par with Ice-Heart - not easier, and not harder.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I found the last one a little easier if I remember correctly. There were more places to stand to escape the AoEs. With Ice-Heart it covered quite a lot, and you had frozen archers shooting at you.
  • Fazmerir
    Fazmerir
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Actually I found the last one a little easier if I remember correctly. There were more places to stand to escape the AoEs. With Ice-Heart it covered quite a lot, and you had frozen archers shooting at you.
    I'm one of those who think this one might be nicer if we could bring a friend along. Just getting to the delve is not easy task (I did it twice) ;)
    PS4 EU Aldmeri Dominion
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I'm one of those who think this one might be nicer if we could bring a friend along. Just getting to the delve is not easy task (I did it twice) ;)
    You can if you want; nothing in Wrothgar is forced solo.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    As a VR2 I got caught in a corner and got killed when the red circle covered everything in sight. 2nd attempt I just made sure I stayed in the middle and got out of range when the red circle appeared and didn't have much of a problem. Ice heart is the hardest of the bosses I've fought so far in wrothgar, well excluding the world bosses they're a whole other ball game
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having read other posts elsewhere (and playing daily with a L27 DK confirming some of the opinions), the question must be asked. This plus one other: "Is Orsinium really for the solo-players of the non-VR variety [despite the somewhat biased level-scaling]?".
    Trying to to go for the Kingmaker title, I'm stalled on my first solo-boss, Ice-Heart.
    I made a brand new character (no champion points) and took her to Wrothgar around level 8 (That's a 8 without the VR in front of it).

It's been loads of fun, even with the very limited skill rotation and no weapon swap ...
    smile.gif

Edited by SirAndy on November 28, 2015 7:51PM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's for players of any level,since you scale to level V15.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand why I keep seeing non vet leveled people in Wrothgar personally. The rest of the game is not scaled. So I figure it makes more sense to level and quest in the original areas at the appropriate level and then move to Wrothgar when you have finished all of the other areas and have nothing left to do other than grind. I'd feel like I was wasting content by playing Wrothgar before v10.

I was v12 when I finished Cadwell's Gold and had basically nothing left to do PVE-wise except for Craglorn, and finding a group for that isn't easy. I would likely have to grind v12-v16 if not for Wrothgar quests and soon the thieve's guild zone quests. I'm not saying that it's wrong to go there early, that's why it's scaled, but it doesn't make sense to do it early imo.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orsinium was made for anyone of any level to play. Not made for vet levels,which is why no matter waht level you are,you are scaled up to V15. If they didnt want lower level players there,it wouldnt scale them up. I've played in Orsinium at level 5 even and you level up much faster there,and it's an enjoyable play at any level.Although it is better to have your basic skill set fixed up and some good stats.