Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Glass Style Motif Fragments - drop chance

Tyrion87
Tyrion87
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Has the drop chance of glass motif fragments been decreased recently? Cause now their drop from the writs is very rare... I get it noticeably less often than I used to before.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't noticed any difference. It's all RNG in the end.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

Yeah, I know it's random, but a couple of weeks ago I was getting it twice or even thrice a week (doing clothing and woodworking writs every day). Now I get one a week... I must have bad luck lately :neutral:
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    OmniDevil wrote: »

Yeah, I know it's random, but a couple of weeks ago I was getting it twice or even thrice a week (doing clothing and woodworking writs every day). Now I get one a week... I must have bad luck lately :neutral:

Or good luck previously :)

I get about one a week doing clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking writs daily.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    No difference for me still seem to be getting at the normal rate.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farm northpoint chests and get glass fragments at a decent rate. Keep looting all the chests, harvest map addon works really good plotting locations on map.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat-related, is there any way to know what chapters of a motif you already have?????? I looked for an addon and didnt find any. Is there a way in-game to already check this?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a addon that tells you what you researching, need, have and motifs:
    TraitBuddy on minion
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a addon that tells you what you researching, need, have and motifs:
    TraitBuddy on minion

Oh cool thanks! I must have overlooked it when looking because there's no mention of motifs in description and the first picture doesn't show it (but the second one very clearly does). This will also save me from noting everything down before crafting a new set etc...
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a trait addon but lists motifs n shows why's u have n need
    Also shows what your alts have researched and need as well.
    As you pick up a item will list who has it and needs to research it
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 1, 2015 5:40PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I farm northpoint chests and get glass fragments at a decent rate. Keep looting all the chests, harvest map addon works really good plotting locations on map.

Are glass style motif fragments obtainable from chests??!! If so, I've never had that luck and I open chests very often... Or did you mean malachite shards?

Btw, it is many days now since I started this thread and I still haven't obtained ANY glass fragment! I do clothing and woodworking writs every day, I even started to do blacksmithing ones. Both clothing and woodworking are lvl 50, with 8/10 skill points invested into them. The drop rate is really pathetic... ZOS, please increase it! By doing the writs every day every player should have at least a chance to collect all fragments and without having to buy them from other players (for a tremendous amounts of gold). Now there is even no such chance. I've obtained a total of 15 fragments so far... which means one (!) chapter overall.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Are glass style motif fragments obtainable from chests??!! If so, I've never had that luck and I open chests very often... Or did you mean malachite shards?

Fairly certain they meant Malachite Shards. Glass Frags are only obtainable from writ package rewards.
    Btw, it is many days now since I started this thread and I still haven't obtained ANY glass fragment! I do clothing and woodworking writs every day, I even started to do blacksmithing ones. Both clothing and woodworking are lvl 50, with 8/10 skill points invested into them. The drop rate is really pathetic... ZOS, please increase it! By doing the writs every day every player should have at least a chance to collect all fragments and without having to buy them from other players (for a tremendous amounts of gold). Now there is even no such chance. I've obtained a total of 15 fragments so far... which means one (!) chapter overall.

They are pathetic. I just barely got another one after two weeks of doing writs every day.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat-related, is there any way to know what chapters of a motif you already have?????? I looked for an addon and didnt find any. Is there a way in-game to already check this?

AI Research Grid does this. Also maps out your traits known and unknown. And, you can see what your other characters know or don't know.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    AI Research Grid does this. Also maps out your traits known and unknown. And, you can see what your other characters know or don't know.

I'm going to assume this works on PC the way it does on Console, but in Journal > Achievements > Crafting, you can find all your known chapters of a style. No addon necessary, though I would love to have that kind of addon instead lol
    Edited by OmniDevil on December 10, 2015 4:02PM

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I used AI Research Grid previously, but CraftStore blows it out of the water.

CraftStore is an amazing addon. It lets you know what to craft for writs. It tracks research. It tells you all your motifs and recipes. You can look at all the info for each of your characters. You can set default characters for different crafting info, such as your default character for checking if recipes are needed or what research is needed.

CraftStore replaces the normal crafting UI at certain stations, such as Enchanting. I prefer the CraftStore UI a great deal, but I did have an issue a month ago where my overall UI (default UI plus addons) made using one crafting station difficult. Not a problem now though.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

I used AI Research Grid previously, but CraftStore blows it out of the water.

I used to use Craft Store but it's development was frozen for a while so I stopped using it. A new version had a goofy way of tracking traits on other characters and I ended up deconning things I should not have. I will have to check it out again and see if that is the case. Then again, I am on the home stretch of having 9/9 in everything on my main crafter (just metal weapons need the 9th and 3 pieces of armor need the 9th). My secondary crafter is puttering around with his research.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"