The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hold my hand and walk me through my Builds?

Dear
Dear
✭✭✭
I know yall are heavily opinionated.
So what are your opinions on what I should do with my rogue and wizard?

Are you willing to help me figure out what the heck I should be doing?
There are SO MANY build guides out there saying different things.
I am having trouble understanding and deciding what to use.
I am only level 15 at the moment, but I want advice for the future.
And if I need to reset to follow a good 'path', I want to do it now.

Some initial information about me:
I am a pansy. I run away because I am weak. I am weak because I run away. (I need to get braver)
I am generally PVE only. I may want to learn to PVP for the first time. (If I stop sucking, that is)
I probably don't understand what you are saying, but I will do my best to learn. (Sorry in advance.)
I'm a pretty openhearted person who doesn't enjoy it much when people are mean. (brb, qq, crying)

Here are the characters I am wanting help with:

CHARACTER ONE:
Level: 15
Race: Dark Elf
Affliction: Vampire
Class: Templar
Primary: Dawns Wrath
Weapons: Dual Wield
Armor: Medium
Craft: Alchemy
Personality: Neutral Evil seducer
Character Goal: Possibly PVP ready

My current considered choices: (I want her focus to be on DPS fire related skills~)
Solar Disturbance, Vampires Bane, Solar Barrage, Power of the Light, Radiant Glory, Enduring Rays, Restoring Spirit, Master Ritualist, Repentance, Honor the Dead, Dexterity, Wind Walker, Improved Sneak, Agility, Athletics, Slaughter, Dual Wield Expert, Ruffian, Twin Blade, Whirling Blades, Blood Craze, Blinding Flurry, Quick Cloak, Improved Hiding, Accelerating Drain, Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Unnatural Resistance, Dark Stalker, Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Silver Shards, Turn Undead, Skilled Tracker, Bounty Hunter, Evil Hunter, Pursuasive Will, Scalding Rune, Magicka Controller, Sanguine Altar, Inner Beast, Combat Frenzy, Ambidexterity, Dynamic, Resist Flame, Flame Talent, Solvent Proficiency, Laboratory Use,

CHARACTER TWO:
Level: 10
Race: High Elf
Affliction: None
Class: Sorcerer
Primary: Dark Magic or Storm Calling?
Weapons: Destruction Staff (maybe Restoration secondary)
Armor: Light
Craft: Provisioning
Personality: Chaotic Good determined housewife
Character Goal: Probably PVE, but who knows

My current considered choices: (Run away, zap, run, heal, zap, maybe stand and fight- maybe)
Crystal Fragments, Restraining Prison, Defensive Rune, Dark Deal, Blood Magic, Persistence, Unholy Knowledge, Endless Fury, Lightning Flood, Energy Overload, Streak, Capacitor, Disentigrate, Energized, Expert Mage, Destructive Clench, Force Pulse, Pulsar, Trifocus, Elemental Force, Penetrating Magic, Ancient Knowledge, Evocation, Recovery, Spell Warding, Prodigy, Concentration, Soul Shatter, Soul Lock, Soul Strike, Soul Trap, Pursuasive Will, Inner Light, Degeneration, Magicka Controller, Might of the Guild, Meteor, Balance, Destruction Talent, Spellcharge, Gift of Magnus, Elemental Talent, Connoisseur, Rapid Regeneration, I don't even know what else, guys...

Halp?

I am a self identified useless player. You know the kind.
"Oh, gods, why did they join my group, please disconnect."
"They just died three times in a row. I am not rezzing them!"
"Were they trying to attack? They are facing the wrong way..."
"Is that really all the damage they do? Just how did they build!?"
(If you see me in game I won't blame you if you just walk away.)

My issue may be because I am relatively new to this game.
Or it may just be because I inherently suck, though I hope not...
Only time to improve skills and some proper Builds will tell, I think.
Edited by Dear on November 24, 2015 4:36PM
✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
    Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
    Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
    Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
    Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
    Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
    • poweredbyzen
      first, all points into magicka.

dark magic, yes. storm calling, no.

second, summon familiar.
      i prefer the matriarch because of heal ability at morph.

ultimate? negate field. for a sorcerer, time is your friend
      for any spell! It takes time for any spell to activate, time for
      heal to take effect, time for resource regen. at morph,
      regen is faster! plus, it holds mobs in place.

reliable spells.

deadric prison. you want to hold mobs while
      you pick them one at a time. morph, shatter.
      you want damage to stack because you'll spam
      with...

crystal fragments. passive abilities under dark magic
      make this spell a powerhouse. morph, crystal blast.
      again, your damage output should be ongoing.

build up your destruction staff. you're a sorcerer, right?
      can't be a sorcerer with a weak staff. let your familiar
      heal you.

restoration staff? look at the skill tree only when your
      destruction staff is at 50!

armor? heavy. only because i tried light armor and i died
      all the time, and that's with the whole buffs active/maxed.

under heavy armor tree, there's a buff called "immovable"
      and "rapid mending" immovable will make you want to
      fight rather than run away. ;)

im VR7 now, using those few spells. ;)
      north america
      aldmeri dominion
      VR7 sorcerer vampire
      master blacksmith/tailor/woodwork
      researched traits: 6-7
      guild: polar star academy
      psn: poweredbyzen
    • Van_0S
      Van_0S
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Your Dark elf should wear light armor. DW is good for spell Penetration and weapon crit, use dest staff in your second bar and lastly focus more magicka.

Edit: Dark elf is a boon for fire DMG.

Your sorc is fine.
      Edited by Van_0S on November 24, 2015 10:51PM
    • bareheiny
      bareheiny
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dear wrote: »
      I know yall are heavily opinionated.
      So what are your opinions on what I should do with my rogue and wizard?

Are you willing to help me figure out what the heck I should be doing?
      There are SO MANY build guides out there saying different things.
      I am having trouble understanding and deciding what to use.
      I am only level 15 at the moment, but I want advice for the future.
      And if I need to reset to follow a good 'path', I want to do it now.

Some initial information about me:
      I am a pansy. I run away because I am weak. I am weak because I run away. (I need to get braver)
      I am generally PVE only. I may want to learn to PVP for the first time. (If I stop sucking, that is)
      I probably don't understand what you are saying, but I will do my best to learn. (Sorry in advance.)
      I'm a pretty openhearted person who doesn't enjoy it much when people are mean. (brb, qq, crying)

Here are the characters I am wanting help with:

CHARACTER ONE:
      Level: 15
      Race: Dark Elf
      Affliction: Vampire
      Class: Templar
      Primary: Dawns Wrath
      Weapons: Dual Wield
      Armor: Medium
      Craft: Alchemy
      Personality: Neutral Evil seducer
      Character Goal: Possibly PVP ready

My current considered choices: (I want her focus to be on DPS fire related skills~)
      Solar Disturbance, Vampires Bane, Solar Barrage, Power of the Light, Radiant Glory, Enduring Rays, Restoring Spirit, Master Ritualist, Repentance, Honor the Dead, Dexterity, Wind Walker, Improved Sneak, Agility, Athletics, Slaughter, Dual Wield Expert, Ruffian, Twin Blade, Whirling Blades, Blood Craze, Blinding Flurry, Quick Cloak, Improved Hiding, Accelerating Drain, Supernatural Recovery, Undeath, Unnatural Resistance, Dark Stalker, Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Silver Shards, Turn Undead, Skilled Tracker, Bounty Hunter, Evil Hunter, Pursuasive Will, Scalding Rune, Magicka Controller, Sanguine Altar, Inner Beast, Combat Frenzy, Ambidexterity, Dynamic, Resist Flame, Flame Talent, Solvent Proficiency, Laboratory Use
      May I ask why you went with Vampires Bane over Reflective Light? RL gives you slightly less damage, but it does hit multiple targets if they're grouped together.

Possibly consider getting Breath of Life (morph of Rushed Ceremony) in the Restoring Light line...would allow you to have an emergency heal on hand. Although it's entirely possible that one of the other skills you have will do the trick (I know next to nothing about any skills I don't have on my Bosmer Templar).

And as others have mentioned, maybe grab a destruction staff....Inferno would probably suit your theme.
    • Dear
      Dear
      ✭✭✭
      bareheiny wrote: »
      May I ask why you went with Vampires Bane over Reflective Light?

...You are probably going to be sickened by my reason.
      ...Purely RP purposes. She's a vampire who hunts vampires...
      ...Aka I though the skill name was cool for her character...

:s
      ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
        Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
        Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
        Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
        Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
        Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
      • bareheiny
        bareheiny
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Dear wrote: »
        bareheiny wrote: »
        May I ask why you went with Vampires Bane over Reflective Light?

...You are probably going to be sickened by my reason.
        ...Purely RP purposes. She's a vampire who hunts vampires...
        ...Aka I though the skill name was cool for her character...

:s
        Ha....fair enough!

And I can't comment on anybody's reasoning for doing anything.....Ebonheart Pact Bosmer magicka Templar here.
      • Johngo0036
        Johngo0036
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        your sorcerer,

High elf is a great choice,
        you have to go light armour on your sorc,
        5pce lite, 2 heavy....

Staff is good, In lowbie i am currently testing out the ice staff.. has a great root.....
        I would MAX out all 3 skill trees as you will use different skills for different challenges,

My main bar on lowbie(lvl 30)
        Ices Destro Staff
        Destructive Reach/velocious curse,
        Crushing Shock,
        Boundless Storm,
        Crystal Fragments as it procs immediate cast,
        U - Greater Storm Atronach

Resto Staff
        Harness Magicka,
        Healing Ward
        Restraining Prison,
        Rune prison(wanna morph do defensive)/Rapid Maneuvres
        Mages Wrath,
        U - Power Overload

At lvl 16 you can buy the Vestments of the warlock set from guild stores,
        Jewelry and 2pce armour....

All attributes into magicka,

You want the last skills in all 3 skill line trees of the sorcerer..
        Conjure Ward,
        Daedric Mines,
        Streak...

These are what makes the SORC so OP....

PC EU Megaserver
        @Johngo0036
        CP900+
        Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
        Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
        Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
        Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
        Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
        Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
        Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
        Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
        Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
        Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
        Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
        Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
        Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
        Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
        Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• KingYogi415
        KingYogi415
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Real Simple, play magicka templar.

restro staff: healing spring, mages light, focused rune, breath of light, jeasus beam, solar prison

Desto Staff/Dual Wield: spears, mages light, flex(your choic), Breath of life, dps flex. ult: flex

USE MAGES LIGHT AND BREATH OF LIFE on both bars

Enjoy!
      • BreacaT
        BreacaT
        ✭✭✭
        .... and there is nothing wrong with running away! I play the same char and with everything focused on magicka and light armour then your health/physical resistance will be lower. When solo'ing it's real common to fire off something then start backtracking as you keep attacking.

I've moved to 5 pieces of Seducer light armour and 2 pieces of Magnus heavy armour (boots/sash) + magnus on my staffs. They really help up your mag buffs and the bit of heavy helps with your physical resistance. Views and opinions will vary considerably, but I have 6 armours enchanted with max-mag and one large piece with max-health, all infused tho there may be some merit in the larger pieces being Devines depending on your mundas stone, in my case 'the mage'.

Mages light on BOTH bars is important, if it is only on one then when you swap bars it turns off....took me a while to realise this - duh!

Don't overlook food/drinks as these can really make up for weaknesses. Given the low health, I tend to use drinks that increase health regen where a battle is likely to be drawn out or food for max health in shorter-encounter scenarios. Its really easy to level up in provisioning and well worth it.

Good luck!
        Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.