Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about skills

vamp_emily
vamp_emily
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am looking at some skills and I am kind of confused on what they actually mean.

for example:
Renew your forces resolve, healing yourself for [x] Health over 5 seconds and nearby allies for [y] Health over 5 seconds.

What is [x] and [y] and how are those numbers determined?

Bestows an additional 10 Ultimate when killing an enemy player.

What does this actually mean "Additional 10 Ultimate"? The way I read it is: you get 10 Ultimates but I am sure that is not the case.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• RobboEU
    RobboEU
    ✭✭✭
    The top is determined by your maximum magika pool and spell damage, the higher that the bigger your heal, vice versa for stamina heals (stamina, weapon damage).

The bottom is for example an ultimate may cost you 200 ultimate, and you may have charged 190 ultimate you kill an enemy player you gain the 10 you need to cast the ultimate. :)
    Edited by RobboEU on November 24, 2015 2:47PM
    Xbox One EU

GT; Ash Robbo TI

YouTube:https://youtube.com/channel/UCD9yiWRwLseCrKWJ_eUZskA
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I am looking at some skills and I am kind of confused on what they actually mean.

for example:
    Renew your forces resolve, healing yourself for [x] Health over 5 seconds and nearby allies for [y] Health over 5 seconds.

What is [x] and [y] and how are those numbers determined?

What does this actually mean "Additional 10 Ultimate"? The way I read it is: you get 10 Ultimates but I am sure that is not the case.

well the x and y means a number by which your health gets regenerated when wounded (=healed). When you press "C" there is a number next to your health. That amount is your current health.

But with that "Additional 10 Ultimate" that is a mystery for me too, what does it mean. Someone enlighten me about this one pls! :)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually you don't get ultimate for killing enemies. With that skill you will get 10 ultimate each time you kill a player (note that this is bugged and does not work when you use an ultimate ability to kill someone)
    The word "additional" indicates that it stacks with other skills that provide ultimate points when you kill something.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Usually you don't get ultimate for killing enemies. With that skill you will get 10 ultimate each time you kill a player (note that this is bugged and does not work when you use an ultimate ability to kill someone)
    The word "additional" indicates that it stacks with other skills that provide ultimate points when you kill something.

Thank you so much for posting.

I always thought you get ultimates from killing enemies. Then after you posted I found this on the forum.
    You now only gain ultimate from doing light attacks, you will gain 3 ultimate per second over 8 seconds then you will have to reapply the light attack to continue to gain ultimate. People that heal another player that did an auto attack recently will also gain 3 ultimate every second for 8 seconds. These do not stack.

However that was a comment from a post about a year ago.

Is there some kind of Game Manual for ESO? Or do I just need to find my way around the patch notes.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a new question:

Ultimates, I noticed that my ultimate will increase past 100%. Why is that? And is there any benefit from letting it go past 100%?

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a new question:

Ultimates, I noticed that my ultimate will increase past 100%. Why is that? And is there any benefit from letting it go past 100%?

Hard to explain ultimate is not a percentage it is a number the reason being one ult on one bar move may require a lot more ultimate than the one you have on the other. I think there may be a benefit for sorcs overload but don't quote me on that. other than that no there is absolutely no benefit to storing a lot of ult as with the exception of overload your ult will just drop to 0 as soon as you use it anyways.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to explain ultimate is not a percentage it is a number

Here is an example of what I am referring to:

bar2.png

notice that the ultimate shows 26%, I have had mine over 400% before, and I think i even had it at 1000% when I was grinding.

I just never understand the percentage thing. I was thinking if i had it at 400%, then it would do 4 times as much damage when I dropped it.

• dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ultimate becomes usable when the percentage is 100 or over. With most ultimates there is really no benefit to going over 100%... the ultimate will trigger normally with normal damage/effect & reset back to 0%... even if you had 400%. I think even showing over 100% is a gameplay setting?

The exception is the Sorcerer's Storm Calling ultimate : Overload. You can toggle the Overload ultimate on & off so if you have 400% available, then the overload can be toggled on for longer.

I think there might be other ultimates like the werewolf transformation that also can be toggled off & so having higher than 100% ultimate points will make it last longer... but I am not sure as I have never been werewolf.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    The ultimate becomes usable when the percentage is 100 or over. With most ultimates there is really no benefit to going over 100%... the ultimate will trigger normally with normal damage/effect & reset back to 0%... even if you had 400%. I think even showing over 100% is a gameplay setting?

The exception is the Sorcerer's Storm Calling ultimate : Overload. You can toggle the Overload ultimate on & off so if you have 400% available, then the overload can be toggled on for longer.

I think there might be other ultimates like the werewolf transformation that also can be toggled off & so having higher than 100% ultimate points will make it last longer... but I am not sure as I have never been werewolf.

No, werewolf can be toggled off but it still drains ult to 0 and gives you the same time limit regardless if you have 300 or 900 when you used it.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons