The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

nodes dropping low level matts

Vonovosi
Vonovosi
✭✭✭
Anyone else having this issue? As I run around Orsinium, picking every node I come across, I have noticed that enchanting potency nodes and heavy sacks occasionally drop matts significantly below my crafting rank. The alt that I have been playing has all crafting skills fully maxed with all the skill points allocated for maximum proficiency. Still I have found jora runes (rank 1 potency) in enchanting nodes and have looted heavy sacks containing rank 1 leathers and other lower rank runes. the patch notes explicitly state that the nodes and sacks will drop matts your rank or 1 rank lower. This does not occur often, but has happened often enough to be annoying.
VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not experienced it....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone with a lower crafting skill comes across a node with casserite, takes only the casserite and moves on, then that node will appear to everyone else as what they want it to be, but when looted, will actually be the original material.

Consider it similar to flowers/plants that only contain crawlers/worms.

I.E. Someone with a blacksmithing of one loots an iron ore node, takes only the casserite. Someone with a blacksmithing 10 comes along, sees rubedite, but only finds iron ore because the node has already been set.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone with a lower crafting skill comes across a node with casserite, takes only the casserite and moves on, then that node will appear to everyone else as what they want it to be, but when looted, will actually be the original material.

Consider it similar to flowers/plants that only contain crawlers/worms.

I.E. Someone with a blacksmithing of one loots an iron ore node, takes only the casserite. Someone with a blacksmithing 10 comes along, sees rubedite, but only finds iron ore because the node has already been set.

That.... actually makes sense. Although it is quite frustrating. I have not experienced this problem with nodes, although I have experienced it with heavy sacks.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vote to de-spawn any node after someone "opened" it and left it untouched or only partially looted it.

Please get rid of the permanent Ta enchanting nodes or the herb and cloth nodes only containing worms or crawlers.

Since apparently the majority of players prefers to be antisocial and leave that stuff in only to prevent others from getting their share of mats, ZOS has to step in again.

Simply despawn any node 30 seconds after it is released, irrespective of the contents it may still have.