The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rubedo Leather Nodes

Parrot1986
Parrot1986
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing Wrothgar since it came out on XBox and I'm finding lots of Rubedite Ores and Ancestor Silk to farm but I still haven't seen 1 Rubedo Leather node that I can farm anywhere I only ever get Void Bloom.

The only mats I am getting is from drops of Rubedo scraps or decon armour drops from enemies. Is this a known issue or is there a specific part of Wrothgar that has it?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    I've been playing Wrothgar since it came out on XBox and I'm finding lots of Rubedite Ores and Ancestor Silk to farm but I still haven't seen 1 Rubedo Leather node that I can farm anywhere I only ever get Void Bloom.

The only mats I am getting is from drops of Rubedo scraps or decon armour drops from enemies. Is this a known issue or is there a specific part of Wrothgar that has it?

Working as intended. Those are the sources for leather.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, what do you know; leather doesn't grow on trees.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Ok cool, not exactly fair on medium armour folks since Ruby Ash and Rubedite can be farmed all over the place and it's much easier to get more mats for it.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is difficult to understand the rational behind this. Why is Medium Armor being made so hard to put together for VR15 and VR16, while both Light and Heavy are fairly easy to find mats for? I can kill 10 fairly large beasties and get maybe 4 or 5 scraps. Takes forever to get any and I quit Clothing Writs because of this.

Baffling.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is difficult to understand the rational behind this. Why is Medium Armor being made so hard to put together for VR15 and VR16, while both Light and Heavy are fairly easy to find mats for? I can kill 10 fairly large beasties and get maybe 4 or 5 scraps. Takes forever to get any and I quit Clothing Writs because of this.

Baffling.

Kill more things? All leather works like this in game. Not just the highest tier..
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Baffling.

Kill more things? All leather works like this in game. Not just the highest tier..

I can kill stuff easily. I don't like it much, as it destroys my RP. The only other leather that is hard to get is Fell Hide and it drops much easier that Rubedo.

I really don't like these clumsy mechanics. I am not at all poor and can buy all the damn Rubedo I need but this is really unbalanced. As well my RP suffers less if I just buy what I need.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are actually many sources of Leather in Wrothgar. Kill Wildlife like Elk and Horkers as well as animal NPCs like Mudcrabs and Echatere.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are actually many sources of Leather in Wrothgar. Kill Wildlife like Elk and Horkers as well as animal NPCs like Mudcrabs and Echatere.

. I have nothing but scorn for those running around murdering non hostile beasts.

Hey, you get to do what you want, so do I.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

. I have nothing but scorn for those running around murdering non hostile beasts.

No different then killing a cow for beef or boots. No different then fishing for roe.

• poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

No different then killing a cow for beef or boots. No different then fishing for roe.

I've been a vegetarian for over 50 years now. It's because I will not have animals killed for me.

Fishing is not really the same.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you're throwing them back, it is, unless you want to make the argument that at least being slaughtered for meat ends the suffering, and then fishing is a more sadistic practice akin to torture.

But hey, I'm not here to point out hypocrisy.

Leather comes from animals; that's how it goes.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »

Unless you're throwing them back, it is, unless you want to make the argument that at least being slaughtered for meat ends the suffering, and then fishing is a more sadistic practice akin to torture.

But hey, I'm not here to point out hypocrisy.

Leather comes from animals; that's how it goes.

To take a life to live is not necessary. I take some fish as I live on Vancouver Island and I guess that's hypocrisy in your book.

My RP is really about how I would play a ... Vampire Witch, a Beserker Orc, etc. Some are pretty over the top when it comes to sheer destructiveness, but they always feel bad when they smoke a rat by mistake.

I happily fish for fun and profit. I will not roam the wilds one shotting defenseless things for their parts. You are welcome too, but I will despise you as you go by.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I happily fish for fun and profit. I will not roam the wilds one shotting defenseless things for their parts. You are welcome too, but I will despise you as you go by.

It's a video game bruh. They're pixels, not people.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »

It's a video game bruh. They're pixels, not people.

I don't play games like that. I am in the game, it's why I play FP for one thing. I don't spam Rapid Maneuver, and I role play really.

If I do not have immersion, I'll go play a game where I can. There are lots. This one rewards it quite well.

Oh and those are actual people I despise. ;)
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't mind killing durzogs (very hostile beasts) there is a delve in the game that has quite a few with quick spawn rate. I can not remember the name of cave but it is one visited by the delve dailies, another of the delve dailies sends you to one loaded with harpies. Both of these nasty beasts drop v15 leathers. If this does not help, this humble bandari trader will gladly sell you rubedo leather.... at a reasonable market price.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unfair. Just like life. You gave up meat in real life. You can give up leather here in this video game.

Life choices, video game choices. Some of them are just not fair.

I need a sweetroll and a bath. This lady keeps asking me if that's me that smells so bad.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭

Baffling.

it destroys my RP.

Destroys your RP lmao.. wow. Yes, they should change the game mechanics to better fit your sad little existence (talking about your life, not your RP).

N64 NA EP
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really?

Catch, kill and gut fish for fun (and profit)...

But object to a man obtaining leather to clothe himself?

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well picking leather from a plant would destroy my RP. So who's RP is more important?
    PC | EU
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    If you don't mind killing durzogs (very hostile beasts) there is a delve in the game that has quite a few with quick spawn rate. I can not remember the name of cave but it is one visited by the delve dailies, another of the delve dailies sends you to one loaded with harpies. Both of these nasty beasts drop v15 leathers. If this does not help, this humble bandari trader will gladly sell you rubedo leather.... at a reasonable market price.

Yeah, it's about 40k for what I need. I am real close but I'll go slow a bit more. I could level my VR14 in and hour right now. Maybe it'll get a bit cheaper, as well I have not done a serious sweep, just some pricing. I could just buy it, and probably will. I found a nice fishing place with Mamoths and Etchanters (sic) and murder them between fishing. Still the drop rates are really low. I have Shadowhide in large amounts now.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Baffling.

it destroys my RP.

Destroys your RP lmao.. wow. Yes, they should change the game mechanics to better fit your sad little existence (talking about your life, not your RP).

To require me to kill large amounts of harmless things for Medium Armor is unbalanced. I have been playing the game since before it came out and only Fell Hide was ever really rare and it dropped well if you could find the area in Coldharbour. I have tried farming, which I hate, and the south west has a bit more Rubedo dropping, but that could just be me, and that is maybe 10% max of what drops.

Why should VR15 Light and Heavy Armor be real easy, and Medium very hard to find mats for? I can do VR16 in Light and Heavy, at 10 times the mat requirement, more easily than VR15 Medium.

As for my sad little existence, on Vancouver Island, in the bush, one of the most beautiful places on earth, it's OK. ;)
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Baffling.

This is the thing I never understand with these types of posts. If you have your crafting skill up to max level, the point where you can get these materials in Wrothgar, how do you not know where medium armour components come from? There has been no change from all of the previous zones and from the launch of the game.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs