Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vMA, please enlighten me

Daraugh
Daraugh
✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen many threads about the difficulty of vet Maelstrom Arena, but can some lovely person explain the difference in difficulty levels? Not a strat, it's just that I've only been as far as the Spiral Shadows on my magicka Templar (v6) and haven't had time to progress further, but it's been far more fun than frustrating. So I'm doing normal vet I guess.

My confusion is whether there a hard mode before v16 and is there a normal mode at v16 that is doable by either magicka or stamina and it's the hard mode that's giving people fits?

I've recently started playing my baby Breton DK again and finally switched her from fire mage to 2 hander/bow. Will v1-v15 at least not make me cry?
May all beings have happiness
May they be free from suffering
May they find the joy that has never known suffering
May they be free from attachment and hatred

Best Answer

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before porting to the Maelstrom arena you can open the Group tab (default P) and set the difficulty to normal / vet.

If you dont get one-shot you're probably doing the normal mode.

You can set it to vet mode before reaching v16 but your score wont go up the leaderboards if you complete it.

The normal mode is pretty easy, especially when you know the mechanics and use the sigils.

Deltia has good video's where he explains the mechanics link to Deltia's YT channel
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Answer ✓