The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

VMA Scoring

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Something seems buggy or am I missing something @ZOS_Finn

MzqAN6i.png

This had 5 deaths and 12-14 Sigils were used. Shouldn't this be a 420k+ Score? Judging from what other people have told me their times were. Feels like a lot of my runs don't add up. With that time judging from all the math I would've had to use 30 Sigils for that score to be less than my current one. I used the spreadsheet and my score should've been 440,423 with 14 sigils. Unless I'm doing it wrong? Is there a death penalty we are missing?

I'm only assuming but I'm guessing in my latest run it bugged out and I didn't get the point bonus for completing under 1.5 hours? Do we know exactly what the time bonus would be so I can add it to my final score :)

My last run was 0 sigils used, 5 deaths in 1 hour 29 minutes and a few second and my score is 381,367 which means the math works perfectly(minus the 15K bug) and that there is no death penalty.

Don't forget you get penalized more than 750 points per sigil the further go past 1:30.

14 Sigils used means you final score is 370500 + ( 370,500 * (5400-3953) /10000) = 424,111

If I had to guess I'd say whatever addon is reporting your completion time is wrong on the time you took to complete it. You lose ~40 points per second so I'd say you completion time had to be closer to 1 hour 15 minutes.
    @Ezareth
    Addon is raditimer by garkin, it just keeps a timer and adds your score to it at the end doesn't do any calculating at the moment

That time was also displayed at the end, I wasn't wrong about the time neither was the addon I just screenshot it a bit late. Addon also gets the time right every single run I do. I'm just going to report it as a bug not getting the time bonus?

The addon actually isn't accurate for vMA, I noticed tonight as well when the score recorded by the addon was ~20k less than my actual score.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't it only count the sigils for the rounds that you actually pass? As in, if you die and restart a round any sigils you used before you died in that round are ignored.
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MzqAN6i.png

This had 5 deaths and 12-14 Sigils were used. Shouldn't this be a 420k+ Score? Judging from what other people have told me their times were. Feels like a lot of my runs don't add up. With that time judging from all the math I would've had to use 30 Sigils for that score to be less than my current one. I used the spreadsheet and my score should've been 440,423 with 14 sigils. Unless I'm doing it wrong? Is there a death penalty we are missing?

I'm only assuming but I'm guessing in my latest run it bugged out and I didn't get the point bonus for completing under 1.5 hours? Do we know exactly what the time bonus would be so I can add it to my final score :)

My last run was 0 sigils used, 5 deaths in 1 hour 29 minutes and a few second and my score is 381,367 which means the math works perfectly(minus the 15K bug) and that there is no death penalty.

Don't forget you get penalized more than 750 points per sigil the further go past 1:30.

14 Sigils used means you final score is 370500 + ( 370,500 * (5400-3953) /10000) = 424,111

If I had to guess I'd say whatever addon is reporting your completion time is wrong on the time you took to complete it. You lose ~40 points per second so I'd say you completion time had to be closer to 1 hour 15 minutes.
    @Ezareth
    Addon is raditimer by garkin, it just keeps a timer and adds your score to it at the end doesn't do any calculating at the moment

That time was also displayed at the end, I wasn't wrong about the time neither was the addon I just screenshot it a bit late. Addon also gets the time right every single run I do. I'm just going to report it as a bug not getting the time bonus?

The addon actually isn't accurate for vMA, I noticed tonight as well when the score recorded by the addon was ~20k less than my actual score.
    I'm talking about the time it records, plus that score was also the same in game one
    Just doesn't add up to me
    Edited by Nifty2g on November 22, 2015 1:54AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    Doesn't it only count the sigils for the rounds that you actually pass? As in, if you die and restart a round any sigils you used before you died in that round are ignored.
    I don't believe so, it can't any sigils used
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Finn thats a good question, if you die on a round you used a sigil does that still add up to your final score or does it reset
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

MzqAN6i.png

@Ezareth

I'm talking about the time it records, plus that score was also the same in game one

Just did a perfect run, 0 sigils, 0 deaths in 1:18:38 and the Score was 406998

381,000 + ( 381,000 * (5400-4718)/10,000) = 406984.2

For 0 sigils at least the Score appears to be working perfect. I wish they made sigils worth more really. I have no idea how people are beating it in 2/3rds the time that I am unless they're using sigils to increase the speed somehow.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MzqAN6i.png

@Ezareth

Just did a perfect run, 0 sigils, 0 deaths in 1:18:38 and the Score was 406998

381,000 + ( 381,000 * (5400-4718)/10,000) = 406984.2

For 0 sigils at least the Score appears to be working perfect. I wish they made sigils worth more really. I have no idea how people are beating it in 2/3rds the time that I am unless they're using sigils to increase the speed somehow.
    ZOS have always been accustomed to "time is everything" so the best thing to do is go in with a lot of DPS as a sorc. Sigils can help boost your time only if you get a no death and use them on certain stages
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I tried testing it by using 2 sigils in a round, die and restart then finish it without sigils and I'm pretty sure still got the full 3k points for that round.
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I tried testing it by using 2 sigils in a round, die and restart then finish it without sigils and I'm pretty sure still got the full 3k points for that round.

You should sigils only count for completed rounds. Any sigils used in failed attempts don't count. I believe they said that somewhere in the pts or seiffer mentioned it in one of my streams but I can't remember which.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    hello @ZOS_Finn ,
    there's a bug on the final score math. each sigil takes away more points than 750

runs:
    mine-> 1:04:30 0 sigils 381000+((381000*(5400000-3870000)/10000000)) = 439,3k CORRECT

@Nifty2g 1:05:23 13-15 sigils 381000+((381000*(5400000-3923000)/10000000)) = 437,3k- (750x13or15) = 426/427k WRONG cause final score is actually 408,8k

and nifty is only one of the many players that actually noticed it, using sigils you take an imba malus (15k+ points) from an unknown source.

there is something wrong with sigils:| please make your tests ZOS

Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iAU8KBS.png
    7m20LLe.png

Those were my clear times, my fastest clear time is actually in my signature, with 412,827 and 8 sigils used. to get a score lower with the time so much faster would mean I would have needed to use around 30+ sigils which is highly unbelievable considering my clear times and how many I used on the score in my signature.

Both times I've score 1 hour 5 minute has had interesting score results.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I dont know why but it always takes away 15k points of the actual score. Not sure what causes this
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    I dont know why but it always takes away 15k points of the actual score. Not sure what causes this

only when you use sigils.
    i mean there is a stupid bug that all player got a -15k because last boss doesn't counts so always Current Score-15k and that's why we use the 381k formula instead the 396k one.
    but there is also another bug that happens when you use sigils that gives again another -15k or around it. btw ZOS got testers so will not be a problem to test this bug i think right?: )

ps: i tried to use 1 sigil only and there was no -15k so there is a rly wrong math under sigils value :|
    Edited by Olysja on November 24, 2015 3:55PM
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olysja wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »

only when you use sigils.
    i mean there is a stupid bug that all player got a -15k because last boss doesn't counts so always Current Score-15k and that's why we use the 381k formula instead the 396k one.
    but there is also another bug that happens when you use sigils that gives again another -15k or around it. btw ZOS got testers so will not be a problem to test this bug i think right?: )

This is incorrect, you get -15,000 score regardless of sigil use.

The correct formula is:
    Score = (270,000 + ((168 - Sigils Used) x 750)) + (270,000 + ((168 - Sigils Used) x 750)) x ((5400 - Time in Seconds)/10000)

There are some aberrations but they seem to be due to bugs, but the formula itself is simple. 30,000 per arena + sigils and then a modifier based on your time.
    Options
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    I think I reached the maximum time reduction the first time I ran this because my score was like 300.
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tist wrote: »
    I think I reached the maximum time reduction the first time I ran this because my score was like 300.

The time limit seems to be around four hours and thirty minutes and the minimum score 270.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still highly confused about my scores :|
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think sigils are taking away more points than we think they are....they're more heavily impacting the bonus score which TBH I think is a good thing. I think ultimately people clearing it with zero sigils should get the largest bonuses.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think sigils are taking away more points than we think they are....they're more heavily impacting the bonus score which TBH I think is a good thing. I think ultimately people clearing it with zero sigils should get the largest bonuses.
    i do agree but timing sigils is still smart play and that divides everyone's strategies up so we don't have everyone in the same point gap.
    that said i do agree that some sigils maybe are giving more of a penalty, maybe they register twice or three times sometimes and penalizes you.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

let's check if works on @Nifty2g score

Score = (270,000 + (114750) + (270,000 + ((168 - 15) x 750)) x ((5400 - 3923)/10000) = 441,5 -15k from last boss bug = 426,5k same result from the formula i used.

Score = 381000+((381000*(5400000-3923000)/10000000)) = 437,3k- (750x15) = 426k

the problem is that nifty gets 408k :P sigils scores are bugged and needs be to fixed.
    Edited by Olysja on November 24, 2015 5:13PM
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Olysja wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »

let's check if works on @Nifty2g score

Score = (270,000 + (114750) + (270,000 + ((168 - 15) x 750)) x ((5400 - 3923)/10000) = 441,5 -15k from last boss bug = 426,5k same result from the formula i used.

Score = 381000+((381000*(5400000-3923000)/10000000)) = 437,3k- (750x13) = 426,5k

the problem is that nifty gets 408k :P sigils scores are bugged and needs be to fixed.

@Olysja
    *Everyone* gets a 15K bug on the final Arena. I got it when I used one sigil and I got it when I used 0 sigils.

If there is a bug, then it is the reduction to the "Bonus Points" calculation that is based off of your base score.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    @Olysja
    *Everyone* gets a 15K bug on the final Arena. I got it when I used one sigil and I got it when I used 0 sigils.

If there is a bug, then it is the reduction to the "Bonus Points" calculation that is based off of your base score.

we are speaking about the same thing :P there is a -15k for all players. but there is also a wrong value on sigils -score calculation.
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One sigil is taking away about 1k score in the end due to the fact that it gets added Into both the multiplier and base score. I think for me each sigil was worth something like 25s worth of time.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump up an old thread, does anyone know how vma scores are calculated now after TG patch, with inclusion of vatality bonuses/fixes etc?
    Options