Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Morkuldin Set

Toast_STS
Toast_STS
✭✭✭✭
I haven't found any information about this set so I will post what I have learned so far.

Works pretty great with my sorc. I am also using maw of infernal set. Both have a chance to proc off of each channeled heavy attack tick with a resto staff. Lightning staff will probably work too but I do not have 9 traits on that yet. I tried it with a bow too but resto staff is far superior. Also it has a chance to proc off of light and heavy attack with overload! If I have a group of enemies and cast heavy overload on them both the sword and daedra will summon after a few ticks reliably.

Hardened ward will cover both the sword and the daedroth. It looks like daedric prey also increases damage for both but I am on xbox and cannot check the damage numbers.

The sword will summon on the enemy I am attacking and moves a little faster than the daedroth and seems to have an aoe attack.

I am fairly impressed with this set and look forward to playing around with it some more. I have not yet taken it into pvp yet. I tanked volenfall yesterday with the setup and it was a little difficult. I am vet 7 using 3 heavy 2 medium and 2 light because that's all I could craft. When I am able to optimize this build I foresee some potential for it.

If anyone has any questions I will try to test it out and answer them for you.
VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fully expecting to see full med DK and NB running around with 4 Morkul/5 Hundings/3 Agility. Just a prediction ;) Duel wield/ bow set up, though perhaps better suited to NB's in that regard given the class gap closer.
    Edited by JaJaLuka on November 19, 2015 2:54AM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, I think the set is not quite as good as it should be, for PvE.

On VR16 legendary gear, the sword is supposed to hit for 5,135 damage according to the tooltop, but it actually hits for a lot less than that (it might be enemy Armor that reduces the damage, but even on trash monsters the sword only hits for around 2.6k damage). Also, it seems to not benefit from my character's Weapon Crit and will crit very rarely instead (maybe around 25% crit chance which would be my character's Spell Crit instead of the ~63% Weapon Crit my character has).

When I summon the sword as it is now, it will deal around 20k damage over 15 seconds on a single target before it disappears again (that's with 5 pieces Morkuldin, 3 Agility jewels with 2 Weapon Damage enchantments, 1 piece Molag Kena, 2 pieces Hunding's Rage, Weapon Damage enchantment on weapon, all armor and weapon slots VR 16 and legendary quality). A single Light Attack hit from the sword is around 2.6k damage (non crit; crits are around 3.9k damage). Sometimes the sword will use "Cleave" to attack instead of Light Attacks which does less damage to single targets but can hit several targets for around 1.75k damage (2.65k on a crit). The sword will use this ability sometimes even when I'm just fighting one enemy (I think it's around 1 of 4 attacks that will be "Cleave", no matter how many enemies you are fighting). In longer fights, the sword by itself would probably have an average single target dps somewhere between 600 and 800. While the sword is summoned it does around 1.3k dps on a single target.

The set is fun to use in the Maelstrom Arena, in my opinion. The sword can't be destroyed and will keep attacking even when you have to run from a boss or focus on surviving. Also, it can help you spot enemies that are hidden behind obstacles. Sometimes, it can become a problem though, for example when the sword tries to kill the Lightning Mage in arena stage 7 who keeps you alive with its bubble :)
    Edited by GaldorP on November 19, 2015 4:19AM
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    So they've fixed the movement bug with it now at least? Does it ever seem inactive or buggy when moving from mob to mob? I'm curious about this set but haven't bothered crafting any due to a lack of mats...

Have you tested whether points into Mighty affect the damage at all considering it does physical damage? Also, you could pop a few points into Spell Erosion and compare it to points into Piercing to ensure the attacks are affected by physical resistance versus spell resistance. Also, if the critical damage rate seems to match your spell critical more than your weapon critical then try comparing CP in Elfborn and Precise Strikes to see if the damage increases with the correct one (i.e. Precise Strikes). It may be that the swords are bugged and not scaling appropriately.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EgoRush wrote: »
    So they've fixed the movement bug with it now at least? Does it ever seem inactive or buggy when moving from mob to mob? I'm curious about this set but haven't bothered crafting any due to a lack of mats...

Have you tested whether points into Mighty affect the damage at all considering it does physical damage? Also, you could pop a few points into Spell Erosion and compare it to points into Piercing to ensure the attacks are affected by physical resistance versus spell resistance. Also, if the critical damage rate seems to match your spell critical more than your weapon critical then try comparing CP in Elfborn and Precise Strikes to see if the damage increases with the correct one (i.e. Precise Strikes). It may be that the swords are bugged and not scaling appropriately.
    I haven't noticed any problems with the sword's movement.

Increasing my characters Weapon Damage by transforming into a werewolf and/or using buffs does not affect the sword's damage. It always hits giants and mammoths in Wrothgar for 2,621 damage with non crit light attacks (3,122 damage with non crit light attacks on Durzogs).

Putting more points into Piercing did not change the sword's damage.
    Putting more points into Spell Erosion did not affect the sword's damage.
    Elfborn and Precise Strikes also had no effect on it (crits were always exactly 3,931 damage on giants and mammoths, no matter how many points I invested in those two passives).

What did increase the sword's damage from 2,621 to 2,719 on giants and mammoths was the Minor Fracture debuff from Snipe. Major Fracture (from Burning Breath) increased the damage from 2,621 to 3,055. And with Major and Minor Fracture both active at the same time on the target, the damage was increased to 3,152.

So I'm assuming the sword's attacks count as physical attacks, absolutely not affected by any stats of the character that uses the set apart from the quality and level of the set items, with a very low percentage of armor penetration (probably 0%) and a fixed crit rate of maybe around 20%.
    Edited by GaldorP on November 19, 2015 7:19PM
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    GaldorP wrote: »

Increasing my characters Weapon Damage by transforming into a werewolf and/or using buffs does not affect the sword's damage. It always hits giants and mammoths in Wrothgar for 2,621 damage with non crit light attacks (3,122 damage with non crit light attacks on Durzogs).

Elfborn and Precise Strikes also had no effect on it (crits were always exactly 3,931 damage on giants and mammoths, no matter how many points I invested in those two passives).

What did increase the sword's damage from 2,621 to 2,719 on giants and mammoths was the Minor Fracture debuff from Snipe. Major Fracture (from Burning Breath) increased the damage from 2,621 to 3,055. And with Major and Minor Fracture both active at the same time on the target, the damage was increased to 3,152.

So I'm assuming the sword's attacks count as physical attacks, absolutely not affected by any stats of the character that uses the set apart from the quality and level of the set items, with a very low percentage of armor penetration (probably 0%) and a fixed crit rate of maybe around 20%.

It seems this is the case for many sets that deal bonus damage; they don't scale from anything we can affect other than quality/level of gear. I don't think this should be the case - do you? I wonder if this is the case for other sets that have bonus damage, e.g. Lamae, Toxic Defiance - does the bonus damage increase with points into Thaumaturge? I'll get a forum post up about it for ZOS to consider. If you have any screenshots of your tests with Morkuldin I'll add them in too :)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

• Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    So they've fixed the movement bug with it now at least? Does it ever seem inactive or buggy when moving from mob to mob?

I haven't tried it but a friend of mine did. He said that you could clearly see the sword is actually held by an invisible NPC. If the NPC exits combat, he puts the sword in his back, and draws it again when entering combat. But being invisible, it just looks like the sword is doing weird movements.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭

It seems this is the case for many sets that deal bonus damage; they don't scale from anything we can affect other than quality/level of gear.

Daedric Prey appears to increase the damage. I'm having fun with this as a summoner tank build. Combined with the maw of infernal and the two sorc pets it can some do some damage and draw plenty of agro. I'm trying to go heavy armor because, like you said, there is nothing I can really do to increase the damage of the sets but at least they do more damage than the sorc pets.
    Edited by Toast_STS on November 20, 2015 8:24PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recorded some game clips if anyone wants to see what the sword looks like. It's smaller than I though it would look like, especially compared to the Daedroth summon. Yes, it does move around.

xboxdvr.com/gamer/SmellierToast00/video/12821721[/url

xboxdvr.com/gamer/SmellierToast00/video/12821712
    Edited by Toast_STS on November 20, 2015 8:35PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought it would look like the axes from trials
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Sharkano
    Sharkano
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have they fixed it for range so it starts on distant target and not next to you?
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharkano wrote: »
    Have they fixed it for range so it starts on distant target and not next to you?

yes
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow, the sword looks so cool! I'm going to start using this in PvP just to mess around with people ha. Deadroth, Morkuldin combo.

• Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im currently running it on my stam Dk in pvp and it can proc of reflected basic attacks and pulls nbs out of stealth with its cleave. The downside is it deals really low damage as already said
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that there's an invisible guy holding it. Someone recently told me that NB's summoned shadow man counts as a pet for the purposes of, say, the Necropotence set. I wonder if summoned Set "pets" proc other "pet" bonuses?

In any event, are you using the Undaunted passives for mixed armor types?
  • Spearshard
    Spearshard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a real shame that a 9 trait armor set wouldn't deal a bit more damage, I mean you'd think about 7 months of work would be worth a bit more. Anyone tried it with nerien? Seems like it would synergizing well with that too.
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems this is the case for many sets that deal bonus damage; they don't scale from anything we can affect other than quality/level of gear. I don't think this should be the case - do you? I wonder if this is the case for other sets that have bonus damage, e.g. Lamae, Toxic Defiance - does the bonus damage increase with points into Thaumaturge? I'll get a forum post up about it for ZOS to consider. If you have any screenshots of your tests with Morkuldin I'll add them in too :)
    I think I had read in some patch notes about player crit affecting a summon's crit chance (or not affecting it anymore with the patch) and for some reason I assumed that certain player stats would make the sword stronger. That was a silly assumption, of course, and I shouldn't have made it ><

With player stats not affecting how strong the sword is, I think the set is currently still a bit too weak to be as good as the best Stamina sets in PvE (group dungeons, trials, arenas).

I don't have any screenshots, unfortunately. I would probably need to record a video to prove that I changed the Champion abilities between two tests. I double-checked all numbers though and tested each setup for a while to make sure I got the exact same damage number and had nothing else like a temporary buff or debuff interfere.
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭

I think I had read in some patch notes about player crit affecting a summon's crit chance (or not affecting it anymore with the patch) and for some reason I assumed that certain player stats would make the sword stronger. That was a silly assumption, of course, and I shouldn't have made it ><

With player stats not affecting how strong the sword is, I think the set is currently still a bit too weak to be as good as the best Stamina sets in PvE (group dungeons, trials, arenas).

I don't have any screenshots, unfortunately. I would probably need to record a video to prove that I changed the Champion abilities between two tests. I double-checked all numbers though and tested each setup for a while to make sure I got the exact same damage number and had nothing else like a temporary buff or debuff interfere.

Yeah I trust you tested it right, I've seen similar results with other sets. I'm just dumbfounded that ZOS would introduce the Champion System and not have it affect such interesting set bonuses. I'll get a thread together soon about it to see if we can get some changes.

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaJaLuka wrote: »
    I'm fully expecting to see full med DK and NB running around with 4 Morkul/5 Hundings/3 Agility. Just a prediction ;) Duel wield/ bow set up, though perhaps better suited to NB's in that regard given the class gap closer.

5 morduklin
    5 briar heart
    2 agility daggers
    1 bow or 2 H Malestrom weapon

Infused on big pieces
    Impen on small for PVP builds
    Tri-stat glyphs if you are lucky or rich

Regen on jewelry for solo play weapon damage for group play

Weapon damage/poision/irritable damage on weapons

The braid heart prof is better then Hundings plus heals