Original intro

Knootewoot
Knootewoot
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Where is it? I liked it better. In the end it zoomed in on the prisoned you. Now we just have a compilation of the trailer cinematics. WHY WHHHHYYYY
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
"I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed...

That has to be amended if you ask me ...

I liked the whole intro where you were dragged down that stair to be sacrificed. Its a better entry point, than just half an hour of, no doubt, wonderfully done CGI animations. Also, for the love of Akatosh, fix the starting zone continuity. I know we were all eager in the beginning to get off Bleakrock, because we definitly had it, with snowy wastes and Nord Barrows. Also some of the quests that lead through the Zones, are ripped apart. Makes no sense that Tanval sends you to help Garyn on a Level 5 quest, and then you stumble over Othrenis which is a level 7 Quest which was the quest BEFORE climbing Ashmountain, and has an important story puzzle piece. Also, I guess only a few people do the Brothers Of Strife anymore...

I know I am late to the party, and most of what I have said, has been brought up before.

thought you should know.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and Writer Staff---
    Options
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What?

Has the intro been changed?

That old, nice movie where you would watch yourself being dragged down and sacrificed is gone?

WHAT?
    NO

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

ZOS, DON'T DO THAT TO YOUR OWN GAME, DON'T MUTILATE IT

Ok, sorry... I got a little carried over.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Knootewoot wrote: »
    Where is it? I liked it better. In the end it zoomed in on the prisoned you. Now we just have a compilation of the trailer cinematics. WHY WHHHHYYYY

wait, which one do you mean, I somehow cant remember anymore. is it on youtube somewhere? post it here pls so that I remember
    Options
  • Stranglehands
    Stranglehands
    ✭✭✭✭
    The start is awful really. It doesn't properly introduce you to the game at all, you have:
    - Voiceover (the narration of the original cinematic) over unrelated, unexplained video which tells you nothing about the game
    - What the hell happened to Malcolm McDowell
    - After you get out of the prison the prophet tells you he's in Daggerfall. Wait, I'm in Daggerfall too, so where is he, can I go find him? Nope
    - I get the choice to randomly go to Stros M'kai on the other side of the world, to help the people who fished me out of the sea and brought me to Daggerfall, but when I get there they're inexplicably stuck in Stros M'kai. Also, someone offers to sneak me off the island to Daggerfall
    - After I get through the starter islands, the quests in Daggerfall are at the wrong level
    - If I go wandering off into Glenumbra (naked and at level 2-3) I get killed because everything is at the wrong level

Davon's Watch is even worse because in the missions there, the Daggerfall Covenant is attacking but you've missed all the lead up to them attacking in the two starter islands. If you were to do the Davon's Watch missions first it would make the starting areas make no sense at all (the entire questline is about trying to stop them attacking the city but they already attacked it.) because the story relied on you doing the quests in the right order.

There's this thing called "first impressions"
    Edited by Stranglehands on November 18, 2015 8:04PM
    .kcoR gnillaF si noitadnuoF esohw ETIYREP oT
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, what happened to this intro? I wanted to show it to my wife when she created a character, but it didn't play when she clicked the Create Character button and I couldn't find it on the main menu. I clicked the Intro but that was just the cinematic trailers...
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
    Options
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

wow that was fantastic, thanks. On console we never got to see this, all we got was some generic prerendered cutscene with some random people fighting for no apparent reason.
    Edited by beerninja on November 18, 2015 9:33PM
    Options
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that start hasn't been around forever. They should put it back, it's very good.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, that opening video has not been around in a long time. I don't think it was there at Launch. I might have successfully skipped it having done the Wailing Prison about 50 times by that point.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Nestor wrote: »
    Yea, that opening video has not been around in a long time. I don't think it was there at Launch. I might have successfully skipped it having done the Wailing Prison about 50 times by that point.

Yeah, they changed it when they launched Tamriel Unlimited. Why they did so is anybody's guess.
    Edited by theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO on November 18, 2015 11:13PM
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had forgotten how much I like this intro.

Ah, Michael Gambon .... I could listen to his voice for hours.

And it just feels a lot more Elder Scrolls.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, they changed it when they launched Tamriel Unlimited. Why they did so is anybody's guess.

They must have added it when they changed the Wailing Prison because I don't remember it when I created any of my characters, the last one being more than a year ago.

I have been wanting to go back and do the Wailing Prison again, but I have 8 characters....

Edited by Nestor on November 18, 2015 11:35PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they got rid of it??????

Poor decisions... poor decisions everywhere..
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

Options
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

I could sleep on a bed of his voice...just like Morgan Freeman .infact WHY IN THE HELL don't we have Morgan Freeman do some voice acting?

Seriously people would buy the game just to listen to him talk.
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »

I could sleep on a bed of his voice...just like Morgan Freeman .infact WHY IN THE HELL don't we have Morgan Freeman do some voice acting?

Seriously people would buy the game just to listen to him talk.

I agree with everything in this statement haha.

I do hope we get more John Cleese in the future, too. The moment I hear his voice it just brings out a goofy grin and it's like "Ha! That's John Cleese" and memories of happily watching Monty Python with my father when I was little come flooding back.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea the launch of ESOTU saw the original, great, video being replaced with a more "epic" fighting scene, showing the armies of Cyrodiil, but leaving you disconnected with what is actually happening to you
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Salmonoid
    Salmonoid
    ✭✭✭

This intro isn't even on console, first time I've seen it. Wow.
    Australian - PS4 NA
    VR16 WoodElf Nightblade

It's not the peel, it's the nana.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I am not the only one. I actually had a sleepless night over it. Thanks for the videolink. I downloaded the video for safekeeping.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Forumer-in-Prison
    Forumer-in-Prison
    ✭✭✭

I joined the game at around Patch 1.5

This was the intro I got.

I still remember the feeling watching this for the first time. Especially that part where I was lying down flat on the sacrificial altar. Thinking to myself, Oh this will be like Skyrim, something will appear to stop from getting stabbed......

WTF!!!! That [snip] just STABBED ME! I'm DEAD!!

Oh..... I'm in Prison now. WOW! THIS IS REALLY AN ELDER SCROLLS GAME.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on November 19, 2015 9:46AM
    Siblings-in-Prison

Lore:
    At a time of chaos and turmoil, children from all across tamriel have been taken by an evil Argonian Thieves guild. They were raised in captivity, forced to learn their captors evil ways and endured the harsh environment of Black Marsh. The intentions of the evil guild is still unknown till this day.

Amisdt the events surrounding the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a brave few has escaped their captors and ran off as far away as they can, eventually landing on the shores of khenarthi's roost.

Armed with the skills and the scars they have endured during their captivity, these brothers and sisters in chains has vowed revenge on their Argonian captors and their allies.

They kept the names branded to them by the evil reptiles as a reminder of all the pain and torment they have suffered, and have joined the Aldmeri Dominion as a means to an end... Paint Tamriel with Argonian blood.
      [*] Close-to-Prison | Khajiit | Cat of Life
      [*] Sliced-in-Prison | Bosmer | Suction Blade
      [*] Hunk-in-Prison | Breton | Hunky Blade
      [*] Muse-in-Prison | Altmer | Healing Babe
      [*] Hot-in-Prison | Breton | HotBod Killer

Options
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The original intro definitely needs to come back. What we have now isn't an introduction to the game story, it's a trailer. I wonder if @ZOS_RichLambert has any say in this...
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
      Options
    • Artheiron
      Artheiron
      ✭✭✭
      New intro looks cooler, but tells nothing about the story. It's more like an advertisement than a intro.

./signed. bring it back.
      Options
    • TX12001rwb17_ESO
      TX12001rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      ESO used to feel like a part ES part MMO game now it just feels like an MMO.
      Options
    • OmniDevil
      OmniDevil
      ✭✭✭✭
      I would to see something official as to why they decided it needed to be changed in the first place. When I first start playing on console, after watching the original intro on YouTube only months before, I was confused why I wasn't seeing it in-game. They really do need to bring this back.
      Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
      We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
      ESO Application: Apply Here
      Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
      TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
      Character List
      "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
      "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
      "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
      "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
      Options
    • dsalter
      dsalter
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      OmniDevil wrote: »
      I would to see something official as to why they decided it needed to be changed in the first place. When I first start playing on console, after watching the original intro on YouTube only months before, I was confused why I wasn't seeing it in-game. They really do need to bring this back.

probably because they sent so much making that crappy "movie" like intro that it was bad most didnt see it. personally why can't it be a movie clip they show you after exitting cold harbour?

the origional clip defo needs to come back, it gives you a sort of thrill when you first see it
      PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
      Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
    • OmniDevil
      OmniDevil
      ✭✭✭✭
      dsalter wrote: »
      probably because they sent so much making that crappy "movie" like intro that it was bad most didnt see it. personally why can't it be a movie clip they show you after exitting cold harbour?

the origional clip defo needs to come back, it gives you a sort of thrill when you first see it

The original had that "Elder Scrolls" feel from all other ES games. Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim...all had an intro leading up to your characters creation, "Who are you?" With the new intro (if you would even call it that), I get I "died" by why, when and where? By some Xivkyn *** I was fighting? Was it during the first chains emergence in IC? Why?

Nothing answered. I'm just supposed to know I died, stuff happened and now some giant sized nord lady wants me to help her......
      Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
      We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
      ESO Application: Apply Here
      Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
      TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
      Character List
      "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
      "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
      "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
      "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
      Options