The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling provisioning - automagically calculate most efficient way

XistenZ_one
Background
When I'm playing ESO, I pick up EVERYTHING. That adds up to a ton of food eventually. My first char ended up with maxed out provisioning by accident before even lvl 20, I simply just used up all ingredients I could all the time to make room for more loot :P

I later started using alts (another character on your account, usually made to hold more items if your bank is full). I decided to level that chars provisioning so that I could allocate skillpoints to the hireling to get even more food! And also to make writs to get recipes.
The problem with chars that you don't play is they don't have any recipes learnt, so you'd have to go to your guild store (or preferred method of aquiring goods) and browse whatever recipes you could find until you found one that matched which ingredients you have.
But, oh such a pain to remeber how many of every ingredient you have, it'd suck to buy a recipe only to find out you could only use it once because you ran out of ingredients, and what if you used up all your ingredients for one recipe, when there was a much better recipe (higher lvl) that you could have made instead from those ingredients? You just wasted both time and resources!

So I made a program.

How to use
You input how many of every ingredient you have (if there's one you don't wish to use, just leave it at 0). Input your current level of provisioning and how much xp you've got in that level. Choose if you want to create food and/or drink (example: on my alts I level using food OR drink. Not both. Because of the skills that creates more servings, I don't have enough skillpoints :)). You can also limit the quality of the recipes (green, blue etc) and press GO! The program will run for various amounts of time, mostly depending on how many different ingredients you have. If you have hundreds of every ingredient, the program could run for years. But, it's a rather clever one so it'll usually find the most efficient way rather quick (within seconds, but let it run for like 15 minutes just in case. You have the time, c'mon!)

ESO Provisioning Leveler
DOWNLOAD

When the program runs it'll give feedback about for example how long it's been running, what's the level you'll get, required amount of items and how many times you've made a recipe.
demo_01.png

When it's finished you'll also get a list of how many times each recipe will be used, along with a list of all used items. Now all you have to do is go get the recipes and get cookin'!
demo_02.png

---
ReadMe
---
  • You need java installed, go to "java.com" and follow the instructions if you don't already have it
  • When you run "EPL.java", a directory will be made at "C:\ESO Provisioning Leveler", containing a file that holds your latest used settings (like ingredients list, lvl and so forth). Not sure what happens if you're running linux or mac.
  • ONLY input numbers. Spaces, letters or symbols will not work. The program might run but you won't be getting a result
  • The result isn't saved, so make a note if you're not going to use it right away
  • Letting the program run for as long as you can will yield better results. It WILL end sometime, but depending on your ingredients and max quality, it can take time. However, running it for a few seconds should give you a pretty good result anyway.
---
Features to be added:
---
  • Hide the settingsfile, most programs will create a hidden directory for your user. This will too someday so it won't bother you :)
  • Error-handling, it's easy to misstype and put a letter or a space somewhere. Wrongly typed fields will be marked and you won't be able to run the program if something's wrong.
  • Save result, an option to save the result to a .txt-file for later use
  • Enable/ban recipe, Ability to choose "use only" and "don't use" recipes (a new section in the window)
  • Quality interval, instead of only setting a max quality, maybe you don't want to use quality 1 recipes for some reason :P what do I know...
  • Level interval, maybe you're aiming for lvl 48 instead of 50?
  • Aim, currently the program aims for as much XP possible using as few ingredients possible. Value will also be added as an option (make gold selling to vendors)
---
What can YOU do?
---
Help out by using the software, share bugs or suggestions. If you're a developer, it's a .jar-file and I havn't obfuscated anything, so feel free to decompile it and make improvements yourself (be aware though, it's a tad messy right now).

ESO Provisioning Leveler
DOWNLOAD
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. I will check it out.