Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Master Crafter and Thieving

Mike0987
Mike0987
✭✭✭
Ever since I got the master crafter achievement motifs have been few and far between and since I do go thieving almost every day it's a big letdown. Also, when finally buying the last ambrosia page and finally being able to craft an XP pot I no longer get pages on my writs on either of my 2 level 50 provisioners. Has anyone else had the same experience?
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got that Master Crafter achievement over a year ago, and I find a couple of blue motifs every day (usually one per each hour played usually, if I'm in a dungeon with lots of containers like Old Orsinium). Thieving has many other items that drop from containers so it's no longer a good source of motifs but they do drop.

It's RNG mostly...

It does seem that the Ambrosia fragment drop rate has decreased recently, but I do not have enough data on that (only one of my characters does vet level writs).
    PC-EU
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    I primarily thieve in castles and some outlying homes in hostle territories mainly in vet areas. I may have to go try in the non-vet areas again for a while.

I created a second character and got him to level 50 provisioning because I wanted the pages for my main character. Now that I broke down and just bought the pages at 4x 40k-50k each it seems since I learned it I no longer get the pages at all on either of my provisioners. It puts a snag in the plan of selling them to make up for the loss in our no so free market.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since IC dropped I have not seen any Ambrosia Fragments.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen 4 since IC, 2 in the same week (just last week). I really don't think anything has changed, it's just RNG.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RNG on Ambrosia is horrible. I saved three weeks worth of writs and got zero pages...