The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Dagger for more critical spell

Hexyl
Hexyl
✭✭✭
As a magicka nightblade, i have to equip 1h sword in my both hand to have the DW passiv bonus(5% more dmg)

It will be nice for diversity and for the look of some assassin type character if we can get the crit chance bonus from DW dagger.

Also, the point that swords give it but not dagger is.. Strange isn't it ?

What do you think ?
Edited by Hexyl on November 16, 2015 6:02PM
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want my Khajiit passive to give spell crit too! :(
    Edited by Reeko on November 16, 2015 9:27PM
    Options
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    I think this would be awesome too. However, my guess is this is not currently in game as a measure to balance Weapon and Spell builds as add this bonus would raise the DPS on spell builds by 2-4% immediately.
    Edited by elium85 on November 16, 2015 10:14PM
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I completely agree. Magicka should be able to use Daggers for Critical. Or axes for a magicka based bleed. Letting Dagger's give spell crit would also complement the new Juliano's set.

Reeko wrote: »

However i do not think this should happen. If anything i believe some other race should receive this. For instance give it to Breton and get rid of there low cost reduction passive.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on November 16, 2015 11:41PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't even make any conceptual sense. Using melee daggers so my jesus beam can critically hit more? wtf?
    Options
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    This doesn't even make any conceptual sense. Using melee daggers so my jesus beam can critically hit more? wtf?

Shure. Is not like you are in a fantasic mmo Game where sword, or stuff give you more power. Can you explain how equiping gloves or shoes give you more magicka ? Hm ? And so making your jesus beam more powerfull ?

In mmo dagger give crit. Thats all. And there is some magick melee attack skill too.
    Edited by Hexyl on November 17, 2015 11:23AM
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if the buff you got from the passive linked to the trait you have on your weapon,

Daggers with precise would get a buff to the Crit %,
    etc...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However i do not think this should happen. If anything i believe some other race should receive this. For instance give it to Breton and get rid of there low cost reduction passive.

The Breton cost reduction passive is one of the best attributes of that race. Who in the right mind would ask to get rid of that?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    In the past it gave spell crit, they've removed it for balance, don't think it will come back soon.
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
    Options
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    Sharmony wrote: »
    In the past it gave spell crit, they've removed it for balance, don't think it will come back soon.

realy ? u_u..

Fff nerf when you take us..
    And after what ? nerf sword and go for assa magick nb build with... Staff ?!

If they want bring more balance, they should start with wreacking blow and all other broken skill/mechanic.
    5% crit it's not that huge and in counterpart you loose 5% dmg.

Pls ZOS, give us more diversity. Not just for what i talk here. but all.

"play as you want" ?

Options
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree. Magicka should be able to use Daggers for Critical. Or axes for a magicka based bleed. Letting Dagger's give spell crit would also complement the new Juliano's set.

This !

Options
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    Hexyl wrote: »
    Sharmony wrote: »

realy ? u_u..

Fff nerf when you take us..
    And after what ? nerf sword and go for assa magick nb build with... Staff ?!

If they want bring more balance, they should start with wreacking blow and all other broken skill/mechanic.
    5% crit it's not that huge and in counterpart you loose 5% dmg.

Pls ZOS, give us more diversity. Not just for what i talk here. but all.

"play as you want" ?

The reason being as a magicka nb you could stack absurd amounts of crit, we're talking close to 100% here.
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
    Options
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pssssttt OP, please try using a dual daggers setup and compare the amount of crits using concealed weapon with the amount you get using dual swords.

I tried it when IC came out, no spell crit was showing on my screen and only weapon crit like it's supposed to. But it was certainly critting way more than using dual swords.

Might be just me but yeah, I will check what trait I had on those daggers later on and edit the post.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
    Options