Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

lowest level crafting mats

Baconlad
Baconlad
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone, just curious to know where the lowest level mats are BEST farmed. I am trying to farm for yellow upgrade mats, and would like to know where I can best do that on EP side
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭
    starter locations I would imagine.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate farming. I hate it on personal and cultural and moral and ethical levels.

Rabidly.

That being said, try the starter islands. Probably because they are set up for a plethera of newbies, they tend to have pretty decent supplies of nodes. Wander around a lot.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For EP, I found more mats farming in Bal Foyen than I did on Bleakrock Isle. Bal Foyen's a bit smaller area and isn't as mountainous, so is easier to get around to the various nodes.

If you're wanting yellow upgrade mats, then you need to be sure you have your extraction skill maxed out; otherwise, you won't refine any.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zone 1 will have the lowest chance to find the nodes, simply because everyone at the lowest levels are broke, so they are all farming. The Starter Islands have a better chance of getting mat nodes simply because not as many people go back to farm those.

However there are a lot of people who have low level mules and alts that have hirelings just for the Tempers and hence get lots of excess low level mats, me being one of them. So I sell all mine in Guild Kiosks. So, I would suggest you shop for them there. A 100 stack will be more than enough for any armor you would make, a 50 stack would cover any weapons for your time at those levels.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    For EP, I found more mats farming in Bal Foyen than I did on Bleakrock Isle. .

It was the reverse for me - except for jute which stands out like a sore thumb against the volcanic areas.

But both are starter areas, so they tend to be rich - just luck of the draw/day which is better
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience I've found Bleakrock to be great for farming because everything stands out well against the white snow, it's almost like having keen eye. I mainly just make circuits around the coastline of the main and small island, and there are a number of chests along the way too. There are a few sections where you can't follow the coast because of slaughterfish but in general staying on the outer edge of things there's hardly anything to fight except the occasional wolf or polar bear so there's little to slow you down.

In the Aldmeri dominion Khenarthi's roost is great for chests, wood, waterskins, and iron ore around the coast. Jute and runes you have to wander around the interior for more. Auridon looks beautiful but it seems very barren of harvestables so I rarely bother to try farming there.

I haven't found any particularly great spot in the Daggerfall Covenant, Betnikh's alright, and Glenumbra. I think there's more wolves and bandits close to nodes in glenumbra than betnikh though which makes it a little slower there. The western coast of Stross M'kai has a fair amount of ore and stuff along the rocks, the center desert area is pretty barren, or at least the nodes seem more spread out so it feels less profitable to me.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on November 18, 2015 2:54PM