The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Army of Meridia or Council of the Five Companions?

Atricios
Atricios
✭✭✭
It seems both have me in a battle with Molag Bal.

Which one should you complete first?

My guess right now is to complete The Army of Meridia in Coldharbor first and then Council of the Five Companions.

The quest journal seems to confirm that would be the proper order, so I guess I'm asking just to confirm so I don't miss out on any thing.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Without spoilers, Council of the Five would technically come first, but it doesn't really matter.
  • RogueShade
    RogueShade
    ✭✭✭
    I did Council of the 5 first (looking at achievements it's 5.5 of the main story), I still have a main story quest that hasn't come up yet and I think it's because I haven't finished the Army of Merida.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    RogueShade wrote: »
    I did Council of the 5 first (looking at achievements it's 5.5 of the main story), I still have a main story quest that hasn't come up yet and I think it's because I haven't finished the Army of Merida.
    Yup, the last main story quest triggers after you reach level 45, and after you've finished the main Coldharbour questline.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran em both at.. almost the same time.. I think i did them a day apart.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically it doesn't matter, but level-wise, Council of the Five comes first. It has a required level of 40 and a recommended level of 45. Army of Meridia has a recommended level of 48.

Logical story progression will allow for either situation:
    If you do Council of the Five first:
    At the end of Council of the Five, the Prophet tells you that you need end the Planemeld before you talk to him again. This basically directs you (in as many words) to complete the Army of Meridia questline, and the final Main Story quest will appear once you finish The Final Assault.
    If you do Army of Meridia first:
    Assuming you have followed the Army of Meridia quest chain through to its conclusion in The Final Assault, at the end of Council of the Five, the Prophet tells you that the Planemeld has been stopped, but Molag Bal's power remains. This sets you up for the final Main Story quest.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Atricios
    Atricios
    ✭✭✭
    Oh oh.

Ok, I just hit VR1 while knocking out Coldharbor and the Army of Meridia.

I did not look at the spoilers yet. Thank you for posting them like that. I enjoy the game & the surprises.
    RogueShade wrote: »
    Yup, the last main story quest triggers after you reach level 45, and after you've finished the main Coldharbour questline.

But reading this, it sounds like I'm good because I'm doing Coldharbor before the main which is the way it is intended, correct?

And thank you all for the replies.