Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Honing Stones

Herelacfreahelm
Herelacfreahelm
✭✭✭
Where can I purchase Honing stones and is their a vendor or store that sells them? I need them to refine and improve my weapons?
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only purchase them from the Guild Vendors i.e. from other players selling them, you also get them from deconstructing coloured weapons and armour, if you have points in Metal Extraction in the Blacksmithing tree, you have a better chance of getting them this way, and also if you have the Miner Hireling they send you stuff like this along with raw materials every day. I've got a few spare if you're on PS4 Europe send me your name and I'll mail you a few to get you started.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't waste gold on them, you will get them from simple playing.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Herelacfreahelm
    Herelacfreahelm
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks and so when do I get hire links for my characters and which are available in the game?
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are in the Crafting skill trees, the blacksmithing one is called Miner Hireling. There's a similar one for the other crafts. You get stuff every day in the mail from them, it really helps with the stuff to improve items, honing stones are plentiful as you find lots of green weapons to deconstruct but dwarven oil (to make blue) and the stuff for purple and gold are uncommon and the hireling really helps to get enough.
    Edited by Shardaxx on November 15, 2015 11:51AM
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    deconstructing green items is the best way to get them, honing stones = blacksmithing related items :)
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Shardaxx wrote: »
    .... and also if you have the Miner Hireling they send you stuff like this along with raw materials every day. ....

This might be a little misleading. They only send you stuff in the mail everyday, if you login everyday. They don't send mails if you don't log in. So you can't go away for a week and expect to have a bunch of Miner Hireling mails waiting next time you login. There will only be one mail.
    Edited by Tarukmockto on November 16, 2015 9:46PM
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you improve some crafting passives it only takes 2 Greens to improve something to Green. Funny thing is, if your deconning gear to level crafting, as you should, then you will be swimming in Green tempers for all the crafts you are deconning for.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"