The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constant Crashing -

Hootnannius
Hootnannius
✭✭
My ESO quits unexpectedly at least twice an hour, sometimes a lot more. It crashes way more often in Cyradil. BUt it also crashes a lot whenever I use wayshrine to port. Almost every MAC user in my guilds has this problem and it's new since Orsinium patch.

WHat's the deal ?
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    this one also submitted a ticket to support on exactly this problem ...

To sum up the answers received so far: ZOS support is clueless, but would gladly help if you would just run it on windows instead, as that seems to be the only (computer) system they know about (aside from boxes and stations)
  • Nor_the_Fallen
    That has never been my experience. Have been playing since a few months after launch. Have used two different Macbook Pro's and one iMac. Crashes are rare. Don't use any addons, perhaps you should try that.
    That has never been my experience. Have been playing since a few months after launch. Have used two different Macbook Pro's and one iMac. Crashes are rare. Don't use any addons, perhaps you should try that.
    Lucky you. Up to OS X 10.11.1 (El Capitain) and Orsinium DLC I had the same experience:
    Occasional crashes but nothing completely game breaking.

Now the game crashes within minutes if there is any sort of activity around (read loading / saving of new shades), like when you travel by transitus or wayshrine, large zergs, use of some skills, ...

This happens also on vanilla game (freshly installed and updated) without a single add-on installed.

But then, now as well as before ESO was prone to memory leaks (a well documented issue) and the new security systems in place in El Capitain does not take kindly to these (possibility to inject malicious code into other running code)
  • Nor_the_Fallen
    This situation then begs the question, why do I not see the crashing you are seeing? I don't have an answer. It makes me wonder what you may have installed on your Mac that is contributing to the problem. Also, to speak as if the Mac client ZOS uses is completely dysfunctional simply isn't true. Perhaps the coming 64 bit client will provide a better experience for you.
    Maybe you are not using your macs hard enough and/or not playing outside of the bank(s) ?

In any case, it's good to see that there are some mac users out there that have a better experience.

However, on a top notch iMac 5k model you would expect some reasonably good performance (at medium settings), and not a crash every other time you travel or run into some heavy fighting.
    In PvE (without changing zones) and outside of Orsinium crashes usually are rare ... but then there's hardly anyone there most of the times.

In any case trying my luck with a fresh install of OS X now ... let's see if this helps

However, no issue with any other game or program, therefore this continues too look like a ZOS related issue.
    Edited by duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO on December 12, 2015 8:16PM
  • Seedier
    Seedier
    ✭✭
    also look at a similar post
    might want to add, that the problem is not solely related to the iMac 27" (as the above thread is about that one specifically), but also happens - if not quite as often - on other systems this one has (MacBook Pro RD, with an NVIDIA Graphic card and still running 10.10.5). So same problem, completely different setups, even on different routers, internet providers etc.

Looks like a client problem for the Mac.

The ball is in your field ZOS.
    Edited by duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO on December 28, 2015 12:13PM