Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Large Item Icons?

FilteredRiddle
FilteredRiddle
✭✭✭✭
Is there any way to view item icons - e.g. the inventory or crafting icons you see which represent the item - in large image form?

For example, here are the Ancient Elf head style images:
Light
Medium
Heavy

However, they're tiny! I'm assuming ESO made the images hi-res (to fit different monitor and tv screens) but I cannot seem to find them anywhere. I think it would be exceptionally helpful to see the images at 600x600 pixels - or any larger size - to get a good idea of what the item looks like so I'm hoping they're out there and I simply haven't found them.

P.S. I know about ESO Fashion but I'd prefer to see the images on their own.
Xbox One NA
The Sentinels of Padomay
Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
- Jane McGonigal
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody? :)
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could try increasing the UI scale as far as it will go.
    Screen shot of the crafting UI scaled to max
    1zl4rw7.jpg

Then if that image still isn't as big as you'd like you could take a screen shot, crop the image and resize it.
    Cropped and resized image
    2qko682.jpg
    Edited by Fruitmass on November 16, 2015 5:16AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I am a console player so the UI size is dictated for me and screenshots require a song and dance. Although, referencing UI size, my TV screen is 50-something-inches so I assume the larger high-resolution icons must exist. If I could translate/interact with my TV size icons on my PC, that would be ideal.

You would think ESO has the high-resolution icons readily available, but their online database is actually pretty disappointing. I wish I could dig through Zenimax' art folders.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay

- Jane McGonigal
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah. Yeah getting screen shots on console is often more trouble than it's worth and I hate how you can't really change resolution.

Still if you have access to a laptop/desktop with a program that can edit images and you've got a fairly decent picture to work with you could still do resize.

The three helmets you linked for instance
    27zm12.jpg

I know it's not much of an option and it would be a heck of a lot easier if we had some way to preview gear in game but still something to play around with if your interested.
    Edited by Fruitmass on November 16, 2015 8:43AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump.

I noticed The Elder Scrolls Wikia has some of the armor pieces in full size:

I realize those are specific pieces of armor, but I was hoping that if one person got those they could also access the basic pieces of armor?
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay

- Jane McGonigal
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I am a console player so the UI size is dictated for me and screenshots require a song and dance. Although, referencing UI size, my TV screen is 50-something-inches so I assume the larger high-resolution icons must exist. If I could translate/interact with my TV size icons on my PC, that would be ideal.

You would think ESO has the high-resolution icons readily available, but their online database is actually pretty disappointing. I wish I could dig through Zenimax' art folders.

Even though your TV is 50 inch, it's still a 1920 by 1080 monitor (or there abouts) so there are not high resolution images like you would think. Or, if there are, they are not for playing on a large TV.

ESO Fashion has all or most all the various armors for the game, and the images are larger and easier to see.

http://eso-fashion.com/

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    ESO Fashion has all or most all the various armors for the game, and the images are larger and easier to see.

http://eso-fashion.com/

If only the site was more mobile friendly. At least on my phone, which is only a year old compared to the latest models around, I still have a heck of a time trying to navigate around the menu drop down. Otherwise, I usually have to launch the XB1 "Edge" app to browse the site.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm aware of eso-fashion, but it still shows armor specific to how it fits on that character, etc. It also doesn't have every item available. I was hoping more for a neutral view of only the items, for all items (which does not seem to exist). Thank you for all of the replies. :)
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay

- Jane McGonigal