The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PC EU buff campaigns

Jhunn
Jhunn
✭✭✭✭✭
These screenshots are taken around 20:30-20:40 CET. Good job getting rid of buff campaigns, ZOS.

Your only gated campaign, Axe of Belharza:
c72eb6d4a7.png

Ebony Blade:
f585e12884.png

Haderus:
ebb1c80655.png

Trueflame:
87f2ba0a75.png

For god's sake, please do something about campaigns.
Gave up.
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Just lower the max number of players allowed in each campaign and leave only 2x30 days campaigns and 2x7 days campaigns.
    This would also help the lag issues.
    Edited by Aunatar on November 12, 2015 7:58PM
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are looking into it!
    "ZOS_2k15

But seriously, this is such a big issue, because all the real PvP is on one campaign clusterfucked by 3 full alliances which turns only into one big pile of garbage(lagg).

Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Sizaansil
    Sizaansil
    ✭✭✭
    Aunatar wrote: »
    Just lower the max number of players allowed in each campaign and leave only 2x30 days campaigns and 2x7 days campaigns.
    This would also help the lag issues.
    I totally agree.
    There was a topic made something like 7 weeks ago for the same issue forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/220055/do-you-think-zos-should-look-at-closing-some-campaigns#latest
    And ZOS listened to the community, removing... Chillrend only (after 1 month) :D
    We may hopefully get what we want in 3-4 months :/
    Anne Lucerne - Factionless Templar - PC EU Server

"[Let us] now take you Up. We will [show] our true faces... [which eat] one another in amnesia each Age" - The Song of Pelinal, Vol. 8
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sizaansil wrote: »
    I totally agree.
    There was a topic made something like 7 weeks ago for the same issue forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/220055/do-you-think-zos-should-look-at-closing-some-campaigns#latest
    And ZOS listened to the community, removing... Chillrend only (after 1 month) :D
    We may hopefully get what we want in 3-4 months :/
    Yeah, hence why I made this thread. Removing Chillrend does absolutely nothing. We have 4 dead campaigns, where factions can safely grind whatever they need in sewers. 1 unplayable *** of a campaign, Azura, and Spell Breaker, which is a decent campaign at best.

EDIT: I don't even know why I made this thread, actually. The chances of getting any dev replies are, yeah, you know.
    Edited by Jhunn on November 12, 2015 8:34PM
    Gave up.
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hail the dominion
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is nonsense. The solution is so easy.

1) Figure out why players want buff campaigns.
    2) Give players a way to get it without buff campaigns.
    3) Players no longer need to create buff campaigns.

Is it for bonuses to do IC runs?

Easy solution: let players run IC single-faction. No enemy gankers. You get the campaign buffs. Problem solved.

If players are determined to do something, obviously that's what they want from the game. Why not just freaking give it to them rather than trying to penalize them for it? Seems totally backwards. People getting what they want from a DLC are people who will buy that DLC. Clearly people want some kind of "buff server" mechanic. So just freaking give it straight out, and they will stop doing the buff servers. Use the carrot, not the stick.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is a perfect representation of the PvP state of the game.
    Because I can!
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    they need to remove the new campaigns they implemented when IC was released which I thought would happen once Orsinium was released but only Chillrend was removed, @ZOS_BrianWheeler is there going to be any other changes to dead buff campaigns? are these being left open for pver's to farm in imperial city? what are the reasons that these have been left open so long?
    Edited by azoriangaming on November 15, 2015 6:24PM
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me if it sounds ignorant, but when campaign buffs no longer apply outside anymore - what is the purpose of a buff campaign in the current meta?

I don't understand how it will benefit PvP to force everyone into two campaigns. Clearly people in the least populated campaigns aren't interested in large scale pvp, perhaps they want small scale or dueling or maybe unmolested access to IC and delves.

Why is that a problem exactly?

Emperor farming? I can see an argument there. Maybe we should have a unified PvP leaderboard to solve that issue or raise AP requirements to maybe 150 or 300k. AP is going to be difficult to farm when there are too few enemies and former emperors no longer get a special skill line or any other tangible benefit, so why exactly do we need to clamour that these so-called 'buff campaigns' be shut down?

Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's a crying shame. Only one thin is more boring than being locked into another faction's buff campaign, and that is being locked into your own faction's buff campaign.

"Are you guys ready to RUMBLE!?!?! Guys...? Oh, we're grinding sewers?" *sigh*
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me if it sounds ignorant, but when campaign buffs no longer apply outside anymore - what is the purpose of a buff campaign in the current meta?

I don't understand how it will benefit PvP to force everyone into two campaigns. Clearly people in the least populated campaigns aren't interested in large scale pvp, perhaps they want small scale or dueling or maybe unmolested access to IC and delves.

Why is that a problem exactly?

Emperor farming? I can see an argument there. Maybe we should have a unified PvP leaderboard to solve that issue or raise AP requirements to maybe 150 or 300k. AP is going to be difficult to farm when there are too few enemies and former emperors no longer get a special skill line or any other tangible benefit, so why exactly do we need to clamour that these so-called 'buff campaigns' be shut down?

because these buff campaigns are just used as IC PVE farm campaigns
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because these buff campaigns are just used as IC PVE farm campaigns
    This. Paint the map and you can grind sewers in peace.
    Edited by Jhunn on November 18, 2015 10:18AM
    Gave up.
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    But that's exactly my question - if you want to PvP and other people in the campaign want to grind sewers - why don't you move somewhere you find more enjoyable instead of locking down that space and forcing people to play how you prefer?

I can't imagine how forcing sewer grinders into a locked campaign will make it more fun for anyone.

You have hardcore PvP campaigns for those who like that sort of thing, but while a largely casual player hunting skyshards, books, dolmen or grinding to level up, may find the occasional enemy exciting, they wouldn't want to run into a meticulously geared, perfectly coordinated PvP raid guild nor would such a player or group pose a challenge to a proper raid. Not everyone is interested in or capable of top-level, BiS geared PvP. Some casuals just want to run around and occasionally encounter someone of a similar skill level.

When it's no longer possible for people to gain unfair advantages from one-faction dominated campaigns - what exactly is the harm in leaving them be.

People who venture into sparsely populated campaigns do not want to go to Azura et all.
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    you do know IC is in cyrodill yeah not a PVE zone?
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But that's the thing. Azura is the only campaign with 24/7 PVP and is unplayable 30% of the time. Other campagins were where you used to go to find smaller scale PVP (in the Thornblade era), but those campaigns are now totally dead and all painted in one color.
    Gave up.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    But that's the thing. Azura is the only campaign with 24/7 PVP and is unplayable 30% of the time. Other campagins were where you used to go to find smaller scale PVP (in the Thornblade era), but those campaigns are now totally dead and all painted in one color.

You say that as if it's a bad thing. I like it and everyone interested in doing IC content (which is PvE only - be it farming or actually doing the quests) would agree.
    IC has no PvP "content" anyways - ppl dont go looking for a fight there, they only go there for ganking unsuspecting and unwilling victims. No one needs or wants that... well, besides a handful of bottom feeders of course.

The only way to salvage the IC DLC train wreck is to remove PvP from it all together.
    Luring PvE players into PvP and setting them up as easy prey did not work and never will. Who would have guessed that?
    Shutting down free entry/forcing everyone to fight for it would not help a bloody thing, too - only result would be that the remaining die-hard IC farmers move to Wrothgar.

Put IC in it's own PvE zone (no one cares that it is physically located in Cyrodiil anyways) and let the PvP folks go back to chasing their tails in the various campaigns. And if @ZOS would not have to worry about completely shutting out ppl from extra paid DLC content they could move around and adjust available campaigns as needed far easier.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    You say that as if it's a bad thing. I like it and everyone interested in doing IC content (which is PvE only - be it farming or actually doing the quests) would agree.
    IC has no PvP "content" anyways - ppl dont go looking for a fight there, they only go there for ganking unsuspecting and unwilling victims. No one needs or wants that... well, besides a handful of bottom feeders of course.

The only way to salvage the IC DLC train wreck is to remove PvP from it all together.
    Luring PvE players into PvP and setting them up as easy prey did not work and never will. Who would have guessed that?
    Shutting down free entry/forcing everyone to fight for it would not help a bloody thing, too - only result would be that the remaining die-hard IC farmers move to Wrothgar.

Put IC in it's own PvE zone (no one cares that it is physically located in Cyrodiil anyways) and let the PvP folks go back to chasing their tails in the various campaigns. And if @ZOS would not have to worry about completely shutting out ppl from extra paid DLC content they could move around and adjust available campaigns as needed far easier.
    It IS a bad thing. I think the majority of PVP playerbase don't give a rats ass about IC, anyway, and that's not what I'm talking about. But 4 campaigns lay dead, so you can do your PVE thing in peace. No PVP'er wants to go to these campaigns, because there's no PVP. You can siege 10 keeps and noone will come, because all the population is in IC anyway. That's why everyone goes to Azura which ends up being a complete laggy ***. I also think we both agree that mixing PVE and PVP in IC was a *** idea, of course, but that's not what this is about :)
    Edited by Jhunn on November 18, 2015 1:03PM
    Gave up.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, my idea is about uncoupling PvE content from PvP. My point being that there is hardly anything of interest in IC for PvP folks anyway - but IC weights down so much on the campaigns nevertheless and is the major cause for the buff campaign problem.
    So... remove it from the equation altogether and campaigns can easily be adjusted to the needs of the actual PvP folks.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »

that's cause there all in the sewers grinding with no threats it's not what IC was built for :(
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best option for them is to make IC its own population, then cut some campaigns. Then PvPers can see the real population of cyrodiil without fear that 95% of the population is pve'ing in IC and maybe there will be some spreading out and IC will be populated by... y'know that pvp thing what it was intended to be.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best option for them is to make IC its own population, then cut some campaigns. Then PvPers can see the real population of cyrodiil without fear that 95% of the population is pve'ing in IC and maybe there will be some spreading out and IC will be populated by... y'know that pvp thing what it was intended to be.

this i agree with.
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭

this i agree with.

Yes. This is actually a perfectly good solution. While I wouldn't want IC to be PvE only and the threat of player enemies is great but it isn't hard to see how lumping it in with the general population affects the health of overland PvP.
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant solution would be three permalocked IC servers, one to each alliance for PvE. I am a PvE player, and like many others, I don't know what happens in PvP, i just jump from server to server looking an empty one. I don't even care what happens in PvP.
    that's cause there all in the sewers grinding with no threats it's not what IC was built for :(
    Like this. ZOS said that IC was for PvP, but they put essential PvE also there. After that the flow of "ignorant" PvE mass was uncontrollable.

As we have now Wrothgar, there are just few things left in IC for PvE. Move or duplicate those away from IC, and I think ZOS could rip off all PvE crap from the DLC. Feel free to lock entrances, redesign Arena to an actual PvP arena, district captures, earn AP, whatever. PvE players won't complain, after IC turns from PvE necessity to an option.

I think we are close to a point, where PvE players can "hand over" IC to PvP. We need the v16 potencies to drop frequently in Wrothgar and Hakeijo runes rarely, and then the three crafting tables away from IC districts to a place, which doesn't get locked by PvP. Dungeons are fine, we can teleport straight into them, and they have thematic connection to IC.

ZOS has repeatedly nerfed all instanced dungeons/delves from XP grind. IC sewers is in a way instanced via PvP servers, and giving good XP. That is the reason to screwed populations. Separating population in IC is a good suggestion, but still nothing prevents PvE players flooding all IC servers. Assuming PvP players want more integration between Cyro and IC, the lemmings would still be there hoarding XP. Better solution is really instanced delves for grinding with good XP/h outside Cyro. I think sewers would fit nicely below Coldharbour. It has matching triangle design, and they share the Big Bad Guy theme...
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler‌
    +1

1 or 2 IC campaigns where keeps can't be flipped or better still you queue directly into like a dungeon would be good. (With no home or guest system as it doesn't matter for IC.)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel dirty... I am agreeing with eXile members... :tongue:

In all serious though this should have been done a month ago, the player base has been telling you it's an issue for a long time and we have had...Chillrend close.

Wait! I figured it out while typing "Chillrend" eXile just wants more perma-emps! Damn, I knew it had to be something sinister! :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I feel dirty... I am agreeing with eXile members... :tongue:

In all serious though this should have been done a month ago, the player base has been telling you it's an issue for a long time and we have had...Chillrend close.

Wait! I figured it out while typing "Chillrend" eXile just wants more perma-emps! Damn, I knew it had to be something sinister! :tongue:

I think the next campaign close is gonna be a s**t storm for perma title, with so many realising its still possible because i got it i know so many who will try next time.

I couldnt of done anymore 'unsavoury' things to acquire it :)
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many