Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow or mundus stone?

AtmaDarkwolf
AtmaDarkwolf
✭✭✭
Hundings + briarheart (with undaunted in last 2 spots)

Briarheart gives 434 more damage @ 10% chance with each crit (lasts 10 seconds, only procs once per 15seconds)

Base crit 73.8

Base damage 3166

Which is the better stone to use, and how would one figure it out?

(5 of the equip slots are divines @ 7.5% boost / 37.5% total)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on your class and how you spent your champion points. As it's very easy to change the mundus I'd recommend to just figure it out on your own which works better for your current setup.

Btw. you forgot to mention which other mundus stone you want to use, but I assume you're undecided between shadow and thief.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The choice between Thief and Shadow mundus stone is dependent on your Crit Chance and Crit Modifier.

Thief is better than Shadow if your Critical Modifier is at least ~10% greater than your Critical Chance.

Base Critical Modifier is 50%.
    Base Critical Chance is 10%.

The calculations can be found here, under Mundus stone.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easy answer without much math:

Hit a Mob with a Light Attack until you get a normal hit and a crit and note the numbers.

Light Attack Damage (LAD)
    Light Attack Crit Damage (LAC)
    Your Crit Chance (CC)

Damage: CC*LAC + (100-CC)*LAD =

Do that with both mundus stones. The one with higher Damage wins.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    shadow or warrior(I did forget to type that? wtf? LOL)

thief is the 3rd option for lots fo crits(To proc briarheart more often) but after trying I found both warrior and shadow beat it by around 2-5k dps. (with current stats above)

stam nightblade, utilizing both forms of weaving (simple LA+Skill and LA/Skill/Bash) although the 2nd weave is very, very stamina draining(I only use it with a frag spamming temp healer)

Edited by AtmaDarkwolf on November 12, 2015 11:09AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shadow or warrior(I did forget to type that? wtf? LOL)

thief is the 3rd option for lots fo crits(To proc briarheart more often) but after trying I found both warrior and shadow beat it by around 2-5k dps. (with current stats above)

stam nightblade, utilizing both forms of weaving (simple LA+Skill and LA/Skill/Bash) although the 2nd weave is very, very stamina draining(I only use it with a frag spamming temp healer)

Your Critical Chance (73,8%) is probably higher than your Critical Modifier so in that case the Shadow mundus should be the best option. With your Critical Chance you're doing more crits (3/4) than non-crits (1/4) so increasing dmg of 3/4 hits by 12% would seem the smart thing too do.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer