Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undaunted Dailies Monster Shoulders

Jsmalls
Jsmalls
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not one to complain about RNG I usually enjoy the grind and go along with it. But this is just too much. I have gone 14 straight Gold Keys in a ROW without receiving a single Monster Shoulder. Not even a bad roll on one in just not getting them. Hell I have yet to even see a Vet 16 Monster Helmet. I completely understand a uncommon drop, but I don't even see the point of doing these Dailies at the moment.

Has anyone experienced this lack of luck for this RNG system, and could we please address this problem in some way shape or form...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By contrast, I got 2 Valkyn shoulders yesterday, purple from a gold key and blue from a silver key. I didn't need more **** Valkyn. shoulders
    Edited by Reverb on November 10, 2015 11:54PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    By contrast, I got 2 Valkyn shoulders yesterday, purple from a gold key and blue from a silver key. I didn't need more **** Valkyn. shoulders

I've gotten like 5x Valkyn shoulders the past couple of weeks. The only shoulders i get... I'm beginning to think drop rate is bugged
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    RNG can be a a real ***** in eso. Took me 50+ vwgt completes to get the molag kena helm. Luckily the first and only time it dropped for me, it was the exact trait and weight I needed. Another bad RNG stretch I had was when first time pledges and gold keys was available. Think it took me a month to get a boss shoulder that I could actually use. That months worth of bad luck I was doing pledges every day with each maxed toon I had at that time, which was 4 toons. So that's 4 gold key chances every day for at least a month before I got something. It hasn't always been bad RNG for me though some things I have been really lucky with. Especially getting potent roe from fish (I swear my roe to fish ratio for a while was 1:20) and nirn stones from around craglorn.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just yesterday when I did the veteran daily I watched at least 2 of the 4 in my group get monster shoulders, 3rd person logged before he opened the chest. So I know the drop rate on shoulders isn't that low. I just don't understand what's wrong with my account lol... I feel like in the same way that yours is bugged dropping Valkyn mine is bugged dropping nothing haha.

But guess we'll see today again I guess, time for the 15th in a row...
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are just some gold keys that aren't even worth the run.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    There are just some gold keys that aren't even worth the run.

What do you mean? I thought you could get any monster shoulder from any.

Can anyone confirm that they have gotten a different shoulder than the 1k hp bonus one for the past couple of weeks? Just for my sanity. I don't want to waste my time
    PC NA - jeazzy

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think they should change this RNG crap to a token method,
    where you earn tokens and when you have set amount of tokens you can go to the chest and WILL get some monster shoulder..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Ok this *** has to be bugged. When I get a monster shoulder, it's always the SAME monster shoulder (the one with 1k hp bonus) for the past 3 weeks. WTF man
    PC NA - jeazzy

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: On key #18 still no monster shoulders in sight...
  • olimarfreak
    olimarfreak
    ✭✭
    I've never gotten a shoulder in a dungeon drop, but got 2 shoulders from gold key. Molag kena & malubeth. Got the helmet also from malubeth from dungeon drop, but it's VR2 :(
    PS4 - EU - PSN: olimarfr34k / YT: olimarfr34k ESO
    CP600+

Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | VMSA Flawless 548k | Immortalix (AD)
    Redguard Stamina Templar | VMSA Flawless 558k | Jab on Em (DC)
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer | VMSA Stormproof 557k | Slippery when wêt (EP)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Bombblade Setup | VMSA Stormproof 552k | Emilio La Gucci (AD)
    Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight | PvE only | VMSA Stormproof 510k | Cat with Hella Dots (DC)
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade | PvP only | Shadowmeow (AD)
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight | PvP only | Saltbae (AD)

Soon: Magicka Templar

Vet & HM Clear
    MoL, AA, HRC, SO

#PwNeD is BACK!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never gotten a shoulder in a dungeon drop, but got 2 shoulders from gold key. Molag kena & malubeth. Got the helmet also from malubeth from dungeon drop, but it's VR2 :(

Monster Helms only come from bosses, and shoulders only come from undaunted chests.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please can someone answer if all gold keys are the same? I mean if you get the gold key from spindle you can get any monster shoulder, can't you?
    Edited by NinjaApacHe on December 3, 2015 4:10PM
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    Please can someone answer if all gold keys are the same? I mean if you get the gold key from spindle you can get any monster shoulder, can't you?

its completely random.

it does seem to me that the drop rates for shoulders have lowered since orsinium, but it could just be RNG screwing me over.

the RNG for helm drops has always screwed me over.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't get me started
    PC EU