Maintenance for the week of August 12:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 12

more healing options?

hamburgerler76
hamburgerler76
✭✭✭✭
lets face it right now no one can match the healing of a Templar. now im fine with them having their own healing skill line I get it their the healing class but I feel like more could be done to atleast make the other classes more of an option like with more aoe, bubble, HoT and a resto staff healing ult there is a very lack of healing ult's in the game you can either pvp a ton for barrier or give your allys a shield with magma armor nothing that really heals them back to full.

For instance DK's have really good ability's to help with healing like obsidian shield to give bonus to all healing you cast. or stone fist healing an ally near by while doing knock down. I just feel healing can be better utilized by other classes if better healing skill/ults where put in the game.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure 1v1 PVP is where the game should be balanced, if that's where you're coming from.

Also, in PVE , class homogenisation is the curse of many MMOs, not all classes NEED to be good at everything IMO.
    Options
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Not sure 1v1 PVP is where the game should be balanced, if that's where you're coming from.

Also, in PVE , class homogenisation is the curse of many MMOs, not all classes NEED to be good at everything IMO.

this is mainly talking about healers for dungeons right now end game vet dungeons you want a Templar healer that's just how it is but I think option can be opened to make other classes an option to. right now my dk healer is just unused cuss every one wants me to play my Templar instead
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i personally feel qhen you wield a resto staff your healing with restoration spells should be boosted by 15% BUUUT lowering all other sources of damage by 15% as well. and allow restoration spells to be cast without a resto staff, that way anyone can heal, but the healing wont be great unless focused into like a templar healer.

i feel the same with a desto staff should apply, only increasing damage from destruction abilities by 15% and spells by 5% and lowering healing by 15% that way staffs can get a sense of difference.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    i personally feel qhen you wield a resto staff your healing with restoration spells should be boosted by 15% BUUUT lowering all other sources of damage by 15% as well. and allow restoration spells to be cast without a resto staff, that way anyone can heal, but the healing wont be great unless focused into like a templar healer.

i feel the same with a desto staff should apply, only increasing damage from destruction abilities by 15% and spells by 5% and lowering healing by 15% that way staffs can get a sense of difference.

that's a good idea there is a lot that could be done to improve healing its bin a really untouched subject
    Options
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with everyone being as good/almost as good a healer as a Templar, just switch out the skill line for more DPS skills OR replace one skill line of all other classes to be dedicated to healing.

Every class has it's niche, healing is Templars, now excuse me while I go make use of my superior HPS.

78efd19d21780fee5e760fc9b1238c89cbd9a1d42ea766187f3c8b31c8b836b7.jpg
    Edited by Karamis_Vimardon on November 9, 2015 11:03AM
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Options
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with everyone being as good/almost as good a healer as a Templar, just switch out the skill line for more DPS skills OR replace one skill line of all other classes to be dedicated to healing.

Every class has it's niche, healing is Templars, now excuse me while I go make use of my superior HPS.

im not saying that have to be as good as Templars I agree every class should be better at something but I feel the other class should be brought up to be a little closer to Templars its a pretty big gap right now. If your not a Templar and your healing and your has to separate or cant stay grouped for some reason it's makes it harder to heal then as a Templar can just spam breath of life.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

this is mainly talking about healers for dungeons right now end game vet dungeons you want a Templar healer that's just how it is but I think option can be opened to make other classes an option to. right now my dk healer is just unused cuss every one wants me to play my Templar instead

That's because of our ability to basically top up their stamina and heal. It is more down to the fact that we cover their resources (any class could do orbs).

Also breath of life really is just flat out amazing.

I can understand why more players want their class to have more healing abilities but at the same time as long as they can staunchly out DPS us if we're primarily built for healing (mana) then I feel Templars other than stamina would become a bit obsolete.

In my experience a lot of people who cannot cut it in DPS think 'oh I'll just go be a healer' because they really and truly don't know how taxing being a good healer, especially if the dps on your team is a little slow, can be.

You've got to cover stamina and often mana top ups, there are actually still some who spell sym (but their DPS is usually 19-20k so I am cool with that!), keep ele drain (or other stuff) on bosses and bigger mobs, have to do some damage stuff depending on what you're doing, interrupt casters and other stuff, even uses to have to off tank in vdsa (I heard that's changed now?) and basically lead every raid in your head no matter who is doing it over ts.

During all this you'd better not run out of mana, because no one is there to top up yours :-)

Ask any good DPS and they can tell ya that there's a lot of stress on the healer.

I think that because of the stamina meta at present other healers than Templar may find that hard to keep up with at end game content.

Oh edited to add: You could easily respec your DK to caster or mana dps and you'd be great. You could also spec tank. Never enough awesome tanks because theirs is often a thankless job.
    Edited by Islyn on November 9, 2015 12:56PM
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some classes have niches to fill, others have those niches of the original class design broken.

An example is ranged magicka DPS vs melee stamina DPS.
    Options