Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do you think player should be required to buy the DLC content just to turn in writs?

myunclecidub17_ESO
Edited by myunclecidub17_ESO on November 8, 2015 10:23PM

Do you think player should be required to buy the DLC content just to turn in writs? 37 votes

Yes, even if B2P.
18%
Stonesthrowdennissomb16_ESOFrancis_ToliverLevo18code65536SpliffoDesommettor 7 votes
No, infringes on free play concept.
81%
wayfarerxGalbsadiSlurgmyrrrorb14_ESOLisaNewbieKenobiNebthet78myunclecidub17_ESORosveentengrileeuxOurorborosTarukmocktoLettigallWitchyWarriorsadownikTholian1Peel_Ya_Cap_517Mickey_OxMilwaukeeScott 30 votes
  • myunclecidub17_ESO
    Is there anyone else that thinks that requiring ppl to have to buy a DLC just to do writ turn-in's is crap? I've had a sub since release, but what's the point in supporting something if they are just going to do money grabs? Seems like they don't need support if they are going to force people to buy the DLC.

This is my opinion after mulling over it, but I'd like to hear what other people here think.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I thought I have to turn them in Orsinium only because I bought the DLC. But if everbody has to do this, no it's not right.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a person must drop off in Orsinium, even if they do not own the DLC, it is likely a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • myunclecidub17_ESO
    If a person must drop off in Orsinium, even if they do not own the DLC, it is likely a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Ya know, I didn't even think about that. It really doesn't make sense that they would limit something that was already free, right?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think this is true. If it turns out not to be, I guess we'll a very clear picture that the future of the game will be tied to profits above all other considerations.

I have to ask, though....why wouldn't anyone not buy the DLC. It's not that expensive, and the most fun experience the game has ever offered (unless your thang is PvP).
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

I think this is true. If it turns out not to be, I guess we'll a very clear picture that the future of the game will be tied to profits above all other considerations.

I have to ask, though....why wouldn't anyone not buy the DLC. It's not that expensive, and the most fun experience the game has ever offered (unless your thang is PvP).

Why not buy Orsinium? I am a firm believer that the entire game is worth ESO Plus, at least on one account, and the DLC are rented as part of that.

As long as I am willing to play this game, I envision that I will be willing to pay for an ESO Plus subscription. If it ever comes to the point that I let ESO Plus lapse, I will likely have already stopped playing. Why would I want to own a DLC in a game I am not playing when I can rent it for the duration that I am playing it?
  • Galbsadi
    Galbsadi
    ✭✭✭

Why not buy Orsinium? I am a firm believer that the entire game is worth ESO Plus, at least on one account, and the DLC are rented as part of that.

As long as I am willing to play this game, I envision that I will be willing to pay for an ESO Plus subscription. If it ever comes to the point that I let ESO Plus lapse, I will likely have already stopped playing. Why would I want to own a DLC in a game I am not playing when I can rent it for the duration that I am playing it?

I'm willing to bet you're one of those people who buys a new car every 2-3 years at the dealer as well...why buy a car that's 3-5 years old and own it when you can rent one as long as your using it, right?
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, even if B2P.
    The loot you can decon for matts are only in Wrothgar, IC and Cyro.

The nodes for matts are only in Wrothgar and rare in Cyrodil.

The Surveys you get from the Writs are ONLY located in Wrothgar.

Why would you want to do a Writ, even if you could turn it in in Crag, if the Survey it can drop will require you to be in the Wrothgar DLC?

Seems silly to me.

I sub so... /shrug.

EDIT: There should be something that blocks/prevents someone without from getting the writ if they are maxed level and don't have the DLC though, if there isn't already, that would make sense. Should be able to be 10/10 and still get writs for Crag.
    Edited by Stonesthrow on November 9, 2015 2:22PM
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting writs are part of the base game and should be able to be completed regardless of access to certain zones.

Another thread somewhere suggested to be able to turn them into any zone.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galbsadi wrote: »

I'm willing to bet you're one of those people who buys a new car every 2-3 years at the dealer as well...why buy a car that's 3-5 years old and own it when you can rent one as long as your using it, right?

I know you meant to be insulting, but you know that some people lease cars rather than buy them?

ESO Plus makes sense for the way I play.

Edited by Elsonso on November 9, 2015 2:58PM
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, even if B2P.
    Galbsadi wrote: »

Love that new car smell mmMMMmm and if you can afford it, why not? Leasing works for many people. Some people enjoy their Pinto. We are all "created equal", that's pretty much were it ends... never saw the passage stating we are all "entitled equally".

I agree with Richter if I'm playing I'm subbing, if I'm not playing then why would I want to own the DLCs?

Besides, if I were to drop for a year, when I came back and paid my $15 a month... I would have all the DLC from day one of B2P to the present to experience instantly.

Subs make sense for many people. Glad they offer the option.