The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Look at my shame and learn [Controller UI differences]

Faulgor
Faulgor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
When you get all the materials to make your new shiny armor and you approach a set crafting station, you can immediately get to work on that new piece of gear. Splendid! If you decide you need something that is not part of the set, you can always change tabs to non-set. That's fair, and convenient.

At least, if you use the PC UI.

There I was, enjoying the new controller support for PC along with the console UI, approaching the workbench in the Earthforge to put the Laurel I finally found to good use. Having never experienced anything else since ESO's beta, I immediatly selected the style and materials to get my new robe.

Long story short, look at my shame:
hGbsht9.png

And yes, that is V16.

When you want to craft a set item with the controller UI, you first have to switch to the set tab with [RB]. In the PC UI, it's the other way around.
Learn from my mistakes!
Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha oh man, I feel bad for you. That really is ... such.... a.... waste. lol
  • Salmonoid
    Salmonoid
    ✭✭✭
    I feel so bad for you. RIP in peace.
    Australian - PS4 NA
    VR16 WoodElf Nightblade

It's not the peel, it's the nana.
  • Zilch
    Zilch
    ✭✭✭
    One week after IC was released, I crafted two VR16 1H swords with nirnhoned. I was so excited, so I accidentially crafted them in Belkarth instead of at the Torug Pact crafting station. :D
    Edited by Zilch on November 7, 2015 4:07PM
    It's time for an overhaul of the current loot system!
    Implement a Token-System, so people get rewarded for their time invested!
    RNG^RNG is both tedious and undesirable!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *rings bell*

CSB46wYUEAArhrC.jpg
    Wololo.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been there... done that...repeatedly ..
    Edited by PBpsy on November 7, 2015 5:12PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nearly died from laughter, but jesus christ I feel bad for you man.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I triple check i'm in the right tab now I've transferred to xbox.
    :(
    I usually don't improve right away so I can check again.

Since IC I have made 2 non-set v16 armors and a shield on accident though... :(

There is something about the controller UI that really doesn't make it as obvious you are crafting set or non-set. Maybe they could change the background color of the tabs or something...
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    When you get all the materials to make your new shiny armor and you approach a set crafting station, you can immediately get to work on that new piece of gear. Splendid! If you decide you need something that is not part of the set, you can always change tabs to non-set. That's fair, and convenient.

At least, if you use the PC UI.

There I was, enjoying the new controller support for PC along with the console UI, approaching the workbench in the Earthforge to put the Laurel I finally found to good use. Having never experienced anything else since ESO's beta, I immediatly selected the style and materials to get my new robe.

Long story short, look at my shame:
    hGbsht9.png

And yes, that is V16.

When you want to craft a set item with the controller UI, you first have to switch to the set tab with [RB]. In the PC UI, it's the other way around.
    Learn from my mistakes!

I did that once, it should start on the set tab not the std. gear tab.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured