The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Status of Current Live Issues

• Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on @ZOS_GinaBruno, why don't you finally test out removing the aoe caps and see if it helps the performance in Cyrodiil instead of making really small changes to some random abilities? It has been stated by your side that zergs cripple the servers, so give us means to fight these ubergroups of +50 people.
    If you'd do it, and if it would fail, you could shut up all of us that have been annoying you guys because of this. Should lie in your interest therefore? People are seriously frustrated about the state of PvP and really want to see for once a real change, something that shows them things are being tried out and done and that you guys are somewhat listening to our feedback.
    Just look at the alliance war threads, do you really wish this kinda toxicity to keep going till we all give up and move on to another game because we've lost all hopes? Even though we love this game so much?
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    63120402.jpg
    64308318.jpg
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on November 10, 2015 11:45PM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Since you are resetting the leaderboards, will you also fix the bug that the leaderboards for trials can only contain 100 people instead of 100 groups, and the fact that they rank players 1, 13, 25, 37 etc?
    This is actually working as designed and not a bug, but we are talking to the team to see if they would like to change it.

Uhm, wait what? This is terrible. Now multiple chars of the same person on the weekly is an even bigger problem. Furthermore There is absolutely no logic in ranking the 2nd best group "number 13" and the 3rd "number 27".

The Maelstrom leaderboards might be working as intended because they have 1 person per rank, but in trials this cannot be working as intended.

If this is working as inteded the first group should be ranked place 1 till 12 and the 2nd place 13 till 25, but that is not the case. It counts "players above me" + 1 = rank for each group, which works fine for groups of 1, not groups of twelve.

I'm really really sorry to say this, but if this is really, really bad. No normal human being counts 1, 13, 25, 37 etc...

Does everyone who completes a Trial together get the same score? If so, then you will get 12 people in "first place", and then 12 people in "13th place", because that's how you handle equal placings. If two people are tied at 7th place in a competition, the next person is 9th. You would only get 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc if the leaderboard was done by group rather than by person, but I have no idea whether it would be technically possible to do that, as groups are ad-hoc creations and not permanent features.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Thank you for giving us an update on the issues on live.
    Edited by ashlee17 on November 11, 2015 11:04AM
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Since you are resetting the leaderboards, will you also fix the bug that the leaderboards for trials can only contain 100 people instead of 100 groups, and the fact that they rank players 1, 13, 25, 37 etc?
    This is actually working as designed and not a bug, but we are talking to the team to see if they would like to change it.

Uhm, wait what? This is terrible. Now multiple chars of the same person on the weekly is an even bigger problem. Furthermore There is absolutely no logic in ranking the 2nd best group "number 13" and the 3rd "number 27".

The Maelstrom leaderboards might be working as intended because they have 1 person per rank, but in trials this cannot be working as intended.

If this is working as inteded the first group should be ranked place 1 till 12 and the 2nd place 13 till 25, but that is not the case. It counts "players above me" + 1 = rank for each group, which works fine for groups of 1, not groups of twelve.

I'm really really sorry to say this, but if this is really, really bad. No normal human being counts 1, 13, 25, 37 etc...

Does everyone who completes a Trial together get the same score? If so, then you will get 12 people in "first place", and then 12 people in "13th place", because that's how you handle equal placings. If two people are tied at 7th place in a competition, the next person is 9th. You would only get 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc if the leaderboard was done by group rather than by person, but I have no idea whether it would be technically possible to do that, as groups are ad-hoc creations and not permanent features.

Yes all of the group get the same score....
    now only max. 8 full groups are able to get weekly when we have AA,HR or SO... after place 96 the weekly leaderboard ends...

Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Battle Spirit being randomly removed is something we're still working on fixing for all areas. Fall damage, same thing - still working on fixing all the remaining issues. Proxy Detonation, we're investigating now. And the stuck in combat bug? That is a much larger issue that the team will be exploring how to improve in a future update.

I know you're the messenger and you unfairly get the brunt of player frustration, but I'd ask you to reinforce to the dev team how absurd it is that the stuck in combat bug has been complained about over and over since launch and you guys are (seemingly?) just now starting to explore possible improvements. Just REMOVE it - who cares if you can hop on a horse while you're in combat, just start your horse at 0 stamina if you're in combat so you can be knocked off in a single hit. Anyone stupid enough to mount during a fight deserves the rez and run back they'll have to do, but at least they'll finally be on their damn mount.

Similarly, fall damage has been a problem at least over the past year - I'm tempted to go back through old patch notes and pull out the section saying it was fixed. You now have swaths of players waiting by changes in elevation (breaches, stairs, etc.) to cast a meteor and oneshot people with CC immunity/blocking because of the AWFUL coding that forces the player model back to the location the meteor was casted on them to register the damage. Here's a hint: fall damage should be calculated based on changes in your characters Z axis position, NOT the time you spend in the air. You cannot produce lag-free pvp, so you should have abandoned that amateur calculation for fall damage over a year ago.

Battle spirit and prox det, meh, those are just relatively new bugs that are heaped onto the pvp pile - but fall damage and combat bug have existed since launch and have not been properly addressed. The forums are chock full of impatient people demanding things be fixed right naow, but when it comes to problems like these two that have been high visibility issues since launch and still impede the game, how much longer do the devs expect the (remaining, dwindling) playerbase to sit on their hands waiting?
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the CC immunity system endless issues?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Please just tell us you are looking into it.
  • HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭
  • Arezap
    Arezap
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about the problem in Imperial City Sewers where in the center of the map where the portals are that Molag Bal Construct is supposed to spawn? The portals are active and there are no bosses to fight. No bosses to fight means if there's none of them to defeat then Molag Bal Construct will not spawn either. You can literally wait for hours at a time and nothing will spawn there but the outer ring of portals situated over different alliance entrances work fine. This has been ongoing since the release of Orsinium DLC and was not addressed in last maintenance. I've been in several groups where the entire group, 10-12 plus people, have all reported this issue. Isn't this a violation of the Terms of use by ZOS by having content, through no fault of the player/consumer via any exploit, made unavailable but rather changes and alterations made during the launch of Orsinium breaking established content and therefore lessening the player experience intended?

Also when will the invalid game time card code redemption issue purchased through certain retail vendors get a good hard look and be resolved? This has been an ongoing issue at least for 8 months without being properly addressed or a proper explanation given.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arezap wrote: »
    Isn't this a violation of the Terms of use by ZOS by having content, through no fault of the player/consumer via any exploit, made unavailable but rather changes and alterations made during the launch of Orsinium breaking established content and therefore lessening the player experience intended?
    No it isn't because:
    ZENIMAX, ITS LICENSORS AND RESELLERS DO NOT MAKE ANY [...] GUARANTEES TO YOU REGARDING ANY SERVICE, INCLUDING [...] FUNCTIONALITY [...] OF A SERVICE.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭
    In non vet cyro yesterday I think this is related to the stat bug that's still plaguing me and obviously at lvl 11 even battle leveled I shouldn't have a spell damage over 5k I wish lol but sadly it doesn't last anyways

https://youtu.be/4KOhaZJXn1Q
    Edited by HenryIvan on November 12, 2015 2:28PM
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The leaderboards were always per group. We even let the zos guys (in a meeting) know that we would like to see accountbound weekly leaderboards so that the casual players also have a chance of getting a weekly reward, and what happens? Exactly the opposite. Now +- 8 groups can get a weekly reward, aka only the pro-pro's. At the moment I am really, really disappointed. 10 pro guilds tell you they want more opportunities for casual players to get good loot from trials and make trials interesting again, and +- a month later exactly the opposite happens.

I'm really disappointed.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭

The leaderboards were always per group. We even let the zos guys (in a meeting) know that we would like to see accountbound weekly leaderboards so that the casual players also have a chance of getting a weekly reward, and what happens? Exactly the opposite. Now +- 8 groups can get a weekly reward, aka only the pro-pro's. At the moment I am really, really disappointed. 10 pro guilds tell you they want more opportunities for casual players to get good loot from trials and make trials interesting again, and +- a month later exactly the opposite happens.

I'm really disappointed.

Now basically 1 pro raid group of 12 player each with 8 alts can take up all the leaderboard slots except for 4. Yeah it wouldn't be so bad if it was 1 ranking per account, but like this, you pretty much don't have a chance to get on the leaderboards unless you are a member of one of the top raid guilds or just happen to luck into a spot on one of their raid groups.
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »

I'm really disappointed.

Now basically 1 pro raid group of 12 player each with 8 alts can take up all the leaderboard slots except for 4. Yeah it wouldn't be so bad if it was 1 ranking per account, but like this, you pretty much don't have a chance to get on the leaderboards unless you are a member of one of the top raid guilds or just happen to luck into a spot on one of their raid groups.

Totally agree, it should be reversed to what it was before orsinium. 100 groups on the weekly, not 100 people.
  • Phatalix
    Phatalix
    ✭✭
    Laurel Gem acquisition is completely riidiculous and unreasonable. For a blacksmith to depend on a team to aquire vet level final boss to acquire the Laurel Gem is the worst idea ESO has come up with. It won't take a team to do the blacksmithing. It's no
    wonder that the motifs sell for 5,000. or less, you won't be able to make the armor. At least unbind the gem so it can be bought or traded. Better yet, put it in the Croen Store. I would pay 5000 crown points per 10 of them. Not many blacksmiths,
    or anybody else has 5000 crown points, so that means alot of credit cards getting pulled out and you making money.For ESO
    thats the name of the game, making money. Put it in the Crown Store and make some money. ....
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwater Blade campaign, AD, Welcome to Cyrodiil (Dominion) quest: my character is stuck in third person view after using the transitus to the Western Elsweyr Gate. I cannot play in third person view. Please fix this.
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwater Blade campaign, AD, Welcome to Cyrodiil (Dominion) quest: my character is stuck in third person view after using the transitus to the Western Elsweyr Gate. I cannot play in third person view. Please fix this.

Also, rebinding the "block" key makes bashing impossible.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Idinuse on January 6, 2016 12:45AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?