The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Boosting DPS on Magicka NB? PVE

demustacio
Hello guys,

I am having trouble boosting my dps on my magicka nightblade. I use a build similar to deltia's magicka NB build yet i'm still on 7k-10k dps single target. I have 48% spell crit chance and 1400 spell power on my destro and about 1600 spell power on my dual wield.

Any ideas guys on how to boost up my DPS?

Regards,
demustacio
You won't see what hit you
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Get better gear-for starters, even out of combat that's a low amount of spell power
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    theres your problem that spell dmg is really low
  • demustacio
    @Chesimac

I'm running 5/5 Eyes of Mara and 5/5 Magnus gift. V10 Staff and Dual Swords in Blue quality. running the crit chance mundus stone.

Any suggestion on gear?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My suggestion for a v10 char would be:
    - 5 pieces law of julianus or twice born star (thief+shadow as mundus),
    - v6 cyrodiils light rings (you can buy them for ~30k ap each)
    - torugs pact weapons + 1 armour piece
    - adroitness necklace + 1 armour piece (if you can't find them, use a random necklace and an additional armour piece torugs pact)

But in general 10k dps are not too bad for a v10 character and will be enough for most situations.
  • demustacio
    @lolo_01b16_ESO hemm one question though, i only have ~1100 magicka regen. by using that set i would lose regen to about 900ish i think, will 900 regen be enough?
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    demustacio wrote: »
    @Chesimac

I'm running 5/5 Eyes of Mara and 5/5 Magnus gift. V10 Staff and Dual Swords in Blue quality. running the crit chance mundus stone.

Any suggestion on gear?

Ah I didn't know you were v10, in that case that dps is fine.. worry about better gear at v16
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In general you don't need much regen on a magicka nb. Funnel health is very cheap and for aoe you can use siphoning attacks + twisting path + sap essence. But it's hard to tell an exact number how much regen you need, so just think about it, if you allready have magicka issues with 1100 regen, dropping to 900 might be a problem. If you always stay at full magicka with your current armour, then changing regen for spell damage should be worth it.
  • demustacio
    @Chesimac yeah forgot to mention that D:

@lolo_01b16_ESO well i never had problem with regen before :s alright, i'm gonna try :)

thank you guys!
  • Cyantific87
    Cyantific87
    ✭✭✭
    In general you don't need much regen on a magicka nb. Funnel health is very cheap and for aoe you can use siphoning attacks + twisting path + sap essence. But it's hard to tell an exact number how much regen you need, so just think about it, if you allready have magicka issues with 1100 regen, dropping to 900 might be a problem. If you always stay at full magicka with your current armour, then changing regen for spell damage should be worth it.

Fully agree with this statement, my single target bar is entropy-crippling grasp-merciless resolve-funnel-inner light-ice comet. Single target around 20k dps at v16 proc resolve for 35k+assassins will.