The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dark Elf Female Names >> Looking for Suggestions

Precious
Precious
I generally like the name Nami but I don't feel like it suits the dark elf nature. Unless someone can convince me otherwise I'm happy to take anything under consideration. If anyone has any good 'pretty' dark elf female names I'm all ears. Thanks team ;D!
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a little search and came up with this:

uesp.net/wiki/Category:Morrowind-Dunmer-Female

I wouldn't know what you'd be interested in personally, but I like the name "Nireli" and "Tavynu".
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    This lists every single Dunmeri name in all Elder Scrolls games and Lore

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dunmer_Names
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eve Hill.....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    Precious wrote: »
    I generally like the name Nami but I don't feel like it suits the dark elf nature. Unless someone can convince me otherwise I'm happy to take anything under consideration. If anyone has any good 'pretty' dark elf female names I'm all ears. Thanks team ;D!

Britney Spears
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the best approach is to mix and match with the older games' traditions for naming that involve prefixes and suffixes. It becomes a fun game of sorts. For example:

Given names for female Dunmer in Arena and Daggerfall seem to consist of one of twelve prefixes and one of twelve suffixes.

The 12 prefixes for female Dunmer names are: Cru, Dem, Golg, Hek, Lil, Lol, Neph, Shel, Sher, Tab, Vayn, Verm

The 12 suffixes for female Dunmer names are: atah, elle, ethys, iah, inah, ith, ithah, ivah, obah, onah, othah, th

Then mix surnames into it, and don't feel afraid to make surnames first names and vice-versa because hey Khajiits do it!

Surnames for Dunmer in Arena and Daggerfall seem to consist of one of twelve prefixes and one of twelve suffixes.

The 12 prefixes for Dunmer surnames are: Adl, Aval, Enak, Grul, Helb, Moab, R', Rall, R'zam, Sail, S'th, T'riz

The 12 suffixes for Dunmer surnames are: ain, am, an, aron, athil, bruk, en, enar, is, on, one, ul

In case it wasn't obvious, all taken from uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dunmer_Names which someone referenced earlier.

I would go with "Demivah" for a given name. It's pretty enough but also sounds sinister, perhaps leaning toward sinister. But that's just me.
    Edited by Speely on November 6, 2015 4:00AM
  • AtriasNaradan
    AtriasNaradan
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer names on TES are like Southern Asian names. Nami or Namira would fit.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • ScarecrowBoat
    ScarecrowBoat
    ✭✭✭
    why not zoidberg?
    FANTASIAAAAAAAAAA
    GM of SBH
    Member of Zerona's Fan Boy Club
    How do i get out of cyrodiil
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Elf on the shelf
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shaniqua
    N64 NA EP
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that this thread got crazy pretty quick there...
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is Anderida Veniim - found last name on Dunmer name finder xD
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Precious wrote: »

Rakudara, Quaraka, Zinaxa-ra, Durbera, Harpidora, Drexen, Gulbandura, Galana

• andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    "yet another dunmer"
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I created my DK Dunmer I was in the same foot as you're and I followed the suggestion of @MrDerrikk and named her as Lilith Maryon
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here you go: http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/?q=namegenerator

Tamriel Rebuilt Name Generator - put together by an incredibly talented group of modders, originally for help with creating NPCs in Morrowind, but has become the go-to source for inspiration for Oblivion and Skyrim modders as well.
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @magnusthorek
    Awesome! Is she a DK?
    Edited by MrDerrikk on November 6, 2015 11:13AM

Oh look, Anook.
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Her last name should be Avalon. No, wait.......
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Here you go: http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/?q=namegenerator

Tamriel Rebuilt Name Generator - put together by an incredibly talented group of modders, originally for help with creating NPCs in Morrowind, but has become the go-to source for inspiration for Oblivion and Skyrim modders as well.

It is a good tool. I always wondered where they actually compiled the names from though.
  • Precious
    Precious
    Thanks everyone for your feedback!!! I ended up going Wood Elf and going with the name Nami... I feel like the racials are important but once you reach max level they probably don't make that much of a difference. They still have soft caps right?
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @precious
    There are no softcaps anymore, but Woodelf is still a pretty good race for all that Stam regen.

What's your class?

Oh look, Anook.
  • Precious
    Precious
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    @precious
    There are no softcaps anymore, but Woodelf is still a pretty good race for all that Stam regen.

What's your class?

I went sorcerer.. I know their racials don't really help destro/lightarmor builds (which I wanna go) but I was hoping comapring them to dark elves the racials won't matter TO much? :blush:
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Precious
    If you're not min-maxing then racials don't matter too much. They can do a lot if you max everything but you can still make a heavy armor Khajiit mage and be fine if you really want.

I've got a Breton version of that build, and I'd recommend training a Resto-staff as well as Destro for the Healing Ward at end-game if you can

Oh look, Anook.
  • Precious
    Precious
    @Precious
    If you're not min-maxing then racials don't matter too much. They can do a lot if you max everything but you can still make a heavy armor Khajiit mage and be fine if you really want.

I've got a Breton version of that build, and I'd recommend training a Resto-staff as well as Destro for the Healing Ward at end-game if you can

Ohhh okay! Awesome. Will do :blush: I'll be happy as long as I can still get sh*t done without it being a noticeably large struggle.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @magnusthorek
    Awesome! Is she a DK?

Don't be mad at me but...
    When I created my DK Dunmer I was in the same foot as you're and I followed the suggestion of @MrDerrikk and named her as Lilith Maryon

:D
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumb and Dunmer
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to scour the uesp lore names pages and then come up with something based on things I find there. I don't want to use anything too well known from another game (that is probably already taken anyway), or something that strays too far from lore, so I always spend a little bit of time thinking about names for characters.

Sometimes I will use a family name (for races where that is applicable) from another TES game (usually a more obscure character, but one that I liked and wanted to imagine my character may be a distant ancestor of) but with a new made up first name.

For example, an Imperial Templar of mine shares a family name with this corpse of a devout but unfortunate Imperial pilgrim in Morrowind: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Linus_Iulus
    Edited by Epona222 on November 7, 2015 9:50PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell you the truth, my names for chars always involve "Derrikk", and that's pretty much the only must-have. I'm so creative with my names that I called my Dunmer DK "Derrikkinblack" because he's caked in that deep black body mud. Weirdly that's turned pale white with becoming a Vamp though...
    @magnusthorek
    Awesome! Is she a DK?

Don't be mad at me but...

:D

For some reason I didn't read that :tongue: I reeeeally like my Dunmer DK fire mage for PvE, so I hope you enjoy!

Oh look, Anook.
  • YeOldeGamer
    YeOldeGamer
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe borrow a bit from the MOST AWESOME BAMF Dark Elf EVER? He should need no introduction, of course I'm talking about Drizzt Do'Urden. So how about Drizzette?