The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"You cannot travel to a wayshrine within Cyrodiil"?

SimplyMatt
SimplyMatt
Soul Shriven
I apologise if this is in the wrong section or it's just me being plain stupid, but I keep getting the message "You cannot travel to a wayshrine within Cyrodiil" whenever I attempt to enter Cyrodill through either fast travel or another wayshrine from another zone in Tamriel. It's not like it's my first time going into Cyrodiil and my home campaign is Chillrend. I'm in Daggerfall Covenant, so trying to enter via either Nothern High Rock Wayshrine or Southern High Rock Wayshrine.

Is anyone possibly able to shine some light on why this is happening? Many thanks for any replies.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its true you cant travel to cyrodil normally. You need to press L button for pc - anyway the button open in alliance war screen - choose campaign and queue for it. You will be teleported there automatically.
  • SimplyMatt
    SimplyMatt
    Soul Shriven
    Oh. So you have to queue through the menu now? When did that change? Thanks anyway :)
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SimplyMatt wrote: »
    Oh. So you have to queue through the menu now? When did that change? Thanks anyway :)

It always was like that - you can travel from cyrodil through the wayshrine.
  • TastesAllColors
    TastesAllColors
    ✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

No, it was never like that. You could always travel to your campaign in Cyrodiil directly from any wayshrine anywhere in Tamriel. Now you can't. You don't know what you're talking about.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it was never like that. You could always travel to your campaign in Cyrodiil directly from any wayshrine anywhere in Tamriel. Now you can't. You don't know what you're talking about.

Im sorry but its you who clearly dont know what is going on. I played from the last beta and it always was like that.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they finally fixed that bug. Not everyone could use the Wayshrine to get into Cyrodiil, and it never should have been possible at all.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • CalebusII
    CalebusII
    I agree with TastesAllColors. I was also able to travel to Cyrodil from Wayshrines outside of the region. That's why I ended up in this thread by searching why I could no longer do that. I didn't realise it was a bug but now we know why. :smile:
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be able to just select a cyrodiil wayshrine and teleport there as well (I'm on xbone). I thought at first it might be that the campaign was full but when I checked and it wasn't I came to check on here so thanks for clearing it up for me
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • DeathStalker_X
    DeathStalker_X
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be able to travel there to the wayshine as well - I cannot do that since the last patch.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Due to the age of this thread, we have decided to close it down. If anyone would like to continue discussion on this topic, please feel free to create a new, up-to-date thread on the subject.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.