Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writ question

yttoks
yttoks
✭✭✭
Not sure what governs the level of prov writs. Thought it was just the skill passives. But, non-vet toons with maxed out passives are still getting level 4 writs that are delivered to zone 4, even if they were picked up in Wrothgar. My vet toon delivers higher level writ to Wrothgar. What gives? Doesn't seem to matter if the toon gets the intro quest or not, tried it both ways and 2 non-vet toons got the same result, one with and one without intro quest.

Thought it only scaled off prov line passive. Is it vet/non-vet status?

Before it worked like this because low level toons can't get into Craglorn. They can get into Wrothgar, so why no new writs?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yttoks wrote: »
    But, non-vet toons with maxed out passives are still getting level 4 writs that are delivered to zone 4, even if they were picked up in Wrothgar.

Your writs are based on where you can go, since non vet can not get to Craglorn, then they won't get writs that typically require being dropped off there. As for being in zone 4, that could be because you have not been to Coldharbor yet. Not all crafting writs have a drop off in Zone 5, so it all depends on what writs your doing.

As for Wrothgar, it is an all level zone, so any level can pick up writs there. Does not mean your going to drop them off there.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

Your writs are based on where you can go, since non vet can not get to Craglorn, then they won't get writs that typically require being dropped off there. As for being in zone 4, that could be because you have not been to Coldharbor yet. Not all crafting writs have a drop off in Zone 5, so it all depends on what writs your doing.

As for Wrothgar, it is an all level zone, so any level can pick up writs there. Does not mean your going to drop them off there.

[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, I understand that about Craglorn and Coldharbour, where level 6 & 5 writs are delivered. The behavior before the update made perfect sense. The point is, level 7 writs are turned in at Wrothgar. These toons can travel to Wrothgar (in fact, they picked up the writs there), and they have maxed out this crafting skill line.

I suppose the question is: is this intended, or an oversight? All of the documentation for writs implies that writ levels are driven by the level of the skill line, not the character level. Not getting writs that a character could never turn in due to zone restrictions made perfect sense. The behavior of level 7 writs doesn't, to me at least, as zone restrictions are not an issue in this case.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coud be that it's an oversight, maybe because the progression for writs would normally be faction zones 》 Coldharbor 》 Craglorn 》Wrothgar... so if you have not completed the first Coldharbor tour quest, and cannot go to Craglorn pre-vet, the game's logic won't allow you to get Wrothgar writs.

I would submit a help ticket ingame and see what the answer is.
    Edited by Khenarthi on November 5, 2015 5:00PM
    PC-EU
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Writs were introduced, there was problem of low level crafters being unable turn in higher crafting level writs because they haven't unlocked the turn-in location (eg. Coldharbour, Craglorn). An update resolved this issue by adjusting the turn-in location based on the Adventuring Level of the crafter.

Recently, I noticed a glitch with a pre-patch writ where my journal for a higher level writ said Belkarth but there was no completion marker there. However, when I went to Orsinium, the completion marker was there and I was able to complete my quest.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on November 5, 2015 5:30PM
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    BowD wrote: »
    When Writs were introduced, there was problem of low level crafters being unable turn in higher crafting level writs because they haven't unlocked the turn-in location (eg. Coldharbour, Craglorn). An update resolved this issue by adjusting the turn-in location based on the Adventuring Level of the crafter.

Recently, I noticed a glitch with a pre-patch writ where my journal for a higher level writ said Belkarth but there was no completion marker there. However, when I went to Orsinium, the completion marker was there and I was able to complete my quest.

I'm not sure what you mean by Adventuring Level. Before the Orsinium update, I had Level 6 chars with maxed out skill line turning in writs in zone 4, way above their char level. Do you mean something other than char level?
  • yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="Khenarthi;2418597"

I would submit a help ticket ingame and see what the answer is.[/quote]

Yeah, I think that's all I can do. May be that they intend for it to work this way. We'll see (or not, depending on their CS!)