Bound Armor

Kwivur
Kwivur
✭✭✭✭
I know this is in a different thread somewhere, but I'm starting a new one and hoping the devs see it. Fix Bound Armor please!!! I didn't craft all this new awesomness to hide it. Can you give it a silver haze or a small aura or something other than what I don't want to wear. It's time for change.
  • Sass
    Sass
    Soul Shriven
    +1 I'm having exactly the same issue, imo just give us an option to show it or not just like with helmets, there are other complains about visual effects like dragon's blood for example,don't get me wrong I love this game but but the visual aspect of SOME abilities are of very poor taste.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may use bound armor if they got rid of the Shredder costume. So till then its Innerlight for me!

Yeah it was cool back in level 10 when all I had was dropped gear.

They gave us the option for horses, will so for innerlight, should for bound armor as well.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nirnrot
    Nirnrot
    ✭✭✭
    Kwivur wrote: »
    I know this is in a different thread somewhere, but I'm starting a new one and hoping the devs see it. Fix Bound Armor please!!! I didn't craft all this new awesomness to hide it. Can you give it a silver haze or a small aura or something other than what I don't want to wear. It's time for change.

I was in the same boat as you, but ZOS actually did do something for us fashionable Sorcs. Only problem is one is kind of a rare drop, while the other requires crowns. If you equip Mind-shriven skin or Soul-shriven skin you can use bound armor and still see your regular armor. It's pretty awesome. I have been happy ever since lol
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    mm -shrug- I think there needs to be some visual so people know whats going on. Its the same for All the armor buffs in the game. Blur... all of it. That being said -shrug- i guess? You can use costumes i recall atleast. Other games that had polymorphs etc that worked the same left you stuck in that form forever lol. -shudders-
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my first mage when I finally got to take Bound Armor I thought, "Wow this should be cool! Some awesome blue glowing transparent armor like the bound swords in Skyrim." What I got was the super ugly silver Power Rangers: Daedra armor. Boy was I disappointed. The armor itself is meh but that helmet had to go...turned off show helmet and used the armor despite my great disappointment with it.

The stamina morph of Bound Armor I really, really like...but I'm not a stamina mage so I get stuck with the awful Power Rangers armor if I want to use bound armor...I choose not to use it.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to use it either, but I like the extra resistance. Maybe I should send them a strongly worded letter..
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a one sided issue Im sure they will make it removable, Sure a glow would be awesome or like a bit of artful armor as well, but I hate the armor atm (im sure a big part is my character is not super big and a mediocre sized person looks awkward in it)

Im,sure something will happen... at some point...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea, even brought it up myself once.
  • Sass
    Sass
    Soul Shriven
    Just bumping so more people can see this and support.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree on this, and it is not meh... 8% extra max magicka is allot of extra dps on high lvl gear
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed, change it to blue ghostfire armor like it should be.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

well the same with daedric armor in ESO, it looks really really bad, compared to the skyrim vanilla version
  • Mhylton44142
    Mhylton44142
    ✭✭
    I'm a new sorc, and leveling up the skill lines, but from what I can see, I think the armor looks pretty cool

CUKHawK.jpg
  • Mhylton44142
    Mhylton44142
    ✭✭
    noob sorc question: can you dye the bound armor?
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    noob sorc question: can you dye the bound armor?

You cannot do anything with the bound armor. It's just a toggle spell like magelight.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i level it up, i wear a disguise or costume til it's levelled.

yeah, it is that ugly, imho.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two ways to hide bound armor (without a supplemental costume).

(1) Activate the soul shriven skin

OR

(2) Use the crown store bug as follows:

A: Deactivate and reactivate Bound Armor on the bar you wish to hide bound armor on (this trick only works on one bar).
    B: Open the crown store.
    C: Preview a costume.
    D: Exit the crown store (hit ESC).

You will now have your regular armor appearance while maintaining an active bound armor.
    If you weaponflip your second bar will have the standard armor appearance, but the bugged skill bar will retain the bug.
    If you overload on your bugged appearance skill bar, the overload bar will also be bugged.
    If you try to apply this bug to your second bar, it will deactivate the bug. You will have to retoggle bound armor to reapply it.
    If you reactivate bound armor, it will cancel the bug.

Enjoy! B)
    Edited by Cathexis on November 7, 2015 6:07AM
    Tome of Alteration Magic I - Reality is an Ancient Dwemer Construct: Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps

Tome of Alteration Magic II - The Manual of the Deceiver: A Beginner's Guide to Thieving
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/462509/tome-of-alteration-mastery-ii-the-decievers-manual-thieving-guide-for-new-characters

Ultrawide ESO Adventure Screenshots - 7680 x 1080 Resolution
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/505262/adventures-in-ultra-ultrawide-an-ongoing-series
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirnrot wrote: »

I was in the same boat as you, but ZOS actually did do something for us fashionable Sorcs. Only problem is one is kind of a rare drop, while the other requires crowns. If you equip Mind-shriven skin or Soul-shriven skin you can use bound armor and still see your regular armor. It's pretty awesome. I have been happy ever since lol

the mask from Orsinium hides you to ONLY if you hide helmets since thats the only thing it changes :)
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.