The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Plus (Store Discounts)

Lord-Gibson
Lord-Gibson
✭✭
I am starting to think that having an ESO Plus membership is not worth it at all. I am done with leveling up my characters so getting the 10 percent boost to experience is not needed anymore. I think that something that would make it more viable would be to add maybe a discount in the crown store. it doesn't have to be much but just something to make it worth paying 15 dollars a month for. Instead of buying 1500 crowns for 15$; I just renew my subscription which seems to make a lot of sense to me. I guess what I am getting at is that I think there needs to be more incentive for people to want to get a membership and I think getting a store discount would do just that. What do y'all think?
Scott D. Gibson
Beasts Of Ebonheart/ Guildmaster
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    YEA DUDE SERIOUSLY I AGREE. A DISCOUNT IS NEEDED ON CROWNS AND/OR CROWN STORE ITEMS
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a ten or twenty percent discount for crown store purchases with a subscription.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're already getting free crowns for subscribing. I can't justify asking for a subscriber perk discount for spending subscriber perk crowns. That's almost like asking for a discount on free.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    @Reverb I'm not getting free crowns with the subscription; I am actually paying for them and what does 1500 crowns really get you. I'm not complaining by all means, I just feel as if there should be some more incentive to get the subscription. I have people ask me all the time if I have ESO plus and is it worth it. From a business standpoint Im sure ZOS would love for me to tell people it is awesome and hurry up to sign up. I really don't have an answer for these people cause there really is not enough incentive for someone to obtain such a subscription.

I say all this and yet I am still a member and will plan to be just because of my devotion to eso. I would love to see maybe some kind of appreciation for being a member like giveaways or monthly member drawings or something like that. A discount on store items would be the best incentive though for people to use the store. If I get 1500 for the month and all the good stuff is usually way more it would be nice to be able to obtain these things without still having to dish out even more money.
    Scott D. Gibson
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    I think a discount on DLC should be a thing.
    Discount of other crown store items? Not really.
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually,you are NOT paying for the crowns.You are paying to use the servers,which they have to pay for every month as well.The 1500 crowns are free gratis. I dont need anything more from them.I am fine with what they have given me.
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    Actually,you are NOT paying for the crowns.You are paying to use the servers,which they have to pay for every month as well.The 1500 crowns are free gratis. I dont need anything more from them.I am fine with what they have given me.

I'm sorry but if you speak like that then every single purchase is to allow for the servers to stay up. There will be a portion of EVERY sale which goes to the server bills, your point and this "your paying for the servers" rubbish that keeps flying around is utter nonsense.

What you've just said is that if no one subscribed then the servers would shut off... You're absolutely wrong.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm sorry but if you speak like that then every single purchase is to allow for the servers to stay up. There will be a portion of EVERY sale which goes to the server bills, your point and this "your paying for the servers" rubbish that keeps flying around is utter nonsense.

What you've just said is that if no one subscribed then the servers would shut off... You're absolutely wrong.

I'm wrong? Then what would they do with the game if absolutely no one was subbing? Please,do tell me. Oh,..the Free players. I see. They'll keep it going with all the money in the massive crown store? Sorry,I hadnt thought of them.,My mistake then. :}
  • Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    The reason I even brought all this up in the first place is that I know of at least 3 people who are not payinhg for ESO Plus anymore. They feel the same as I do about how it is really not worth it. Instaed of buying 1500 crowns though I just renew my subscription so actually I am paying for the crowns. I dont get how no one understands this.

I would just like to see something else thats all. I mentioned in an earlier post that maybe not a discount but giveaways or drawings or something for active members. I ran a business for over 20 years and incentives are key to making more sales. If there were more incentives there will be more people subscribing thus in turn ESO making more money to keep the servers on....lol
    Scott D. Gibson
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭

I'm wrong? Then what would they do with the game if absolutely no one was subbing? Please,do tell me. Oh,..the Free players. I see. They'll keep it going with all the money in the massive crown store? Sorry,I hadnt thought of them.,My mistake then. :}

No, but you're saying that they depend on ESO Subs. That is wrong. If ESO Subs were not a thing the servers would still be here. They also make money from Merchandise, Individual Crown Purchases, Game Purchases, DLC Purchases etc, etc. What I'm saying is that they do not use ESO Plus to fund the servers only. A portion of every sale will go towards different aspects of the business, if that be wages, advertising, server rental etc, etc.
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a discount on the mounts, pets, etc that come along with the DLC? I still believe we should get those along with the DLC.
    Happy Patch day!
  • Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    @wyterice24b14_ESO We should definitely get at least the mount and pet. that comes with a new DLC for sure or at least the mount.
    Scott D. Gibson
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if a discount would provide the kind of incentive you're looking for. What's stopping people from subbing just to get the discount, using the Crowns they get with that sub to buy things cheap and then immediately un-subbing? It would effectively be a cheaper way to get a pack of Crowns, and my impression is that you're looking for incentives to get people to sub long term.

I think the biggest issue is finding something that makes the sub 'worth it' while not ALSO punishing people who can't or don't sub. The old loyalty program was nice that way: it was exclusive, but cosmetic. Most of the things I've thought of suggesting fall under the 'P2W' category. Free respecs? Other people have to earn that gold, it's P2W. A bag of gold tempers or a handful of Glass fragments once a month? Ditto. A couple of free siege weapons once a week? Same. I thought about having the ability to re-do a quest you didn't like the outcome of but the way the game is set up there isn't much point. I like the idea of raffles--what about a drawing once a month and the winner can pick one of their characters to appear in the next DLC?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome I was wondering about that too about people just subbing for the month to just get the perks and then leaving. I was figuring that it would have to be set up like a loyalty program like you mentioned. You would have to be a member for so long or something. It could be good to earn points of some kind too that can be used to purchase stuff from the store. What is the old loyalty program you speak of?

What is this P2W, pay to win?
    Scott D. Gibson
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the old loyalty program you speak of?

What is this P2W, pay to win?

Yes P2W == Pay to Win.

And the loyalty program is something they axed after the game went Buy to Play - you might have noticed people running around on senche tigers with stripes? Those were the loyalty reward for 300 days of subbing. There was also a jester costume and an Ice Wraith pet.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, but you're saying that they depend on ESO Subs. That is wrong. If ESO Subs were not a thing the servers would still be here. They also make money from Merchandise, Individual Crown Purchases, Game Purchases, DLC Purchases etc, etc. What I'm saying is that they do not use ESO Plus to fund the servers only. A portion of every sale will go towards different aspects of the business, if that be wages, advertising, server rental etc, etc.

Interesting.I wouldnt have thought there is enough in the crown store to keep servers up and going strong. Well,you have your opinion and I do as well.I personally think that subs are quite important to keeping the game going.So,I guess they dont need our subscriptions then after all.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What? We aren't paying to use the servers. If we were, then EVERYONE would have to be an ESO+ member to play the game. The game is B2P, meaning you buy the game and then play FOR FREE. There is no obligation for anyone to pay for ESO+, and I think the incentives, while nice, aren't really that great. A 10% boost to inspiration/experience/gold is nice, and the 1500 crowns is great, too, but I can get those 1500 crowns by just purchasing a crown pack (and can get them cheaper when purchasing the 3000 and 5000 packs).

That said, I don't think that a discount on store items is necessary. What I would like to see is the older DLCs becoming permanently unlocked for ESO+ members after, say 6 months of subscribing since that particular DLC was released - that more than pays for the cost of purchasing the DLC outright.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 11, 2015 7:24PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a general discount on the whole store is a good idea, due to the Crowns that come with the sub. But I like the idea of getting the DLC-bundle mounts and pets for free if you're an ESO Plus subscriber. That's a tangible reward for your sub that persists once the sub has ended, meaning it's worth it in the long term. It also hearkens back to the loyalty rewards, which were a nice way of rewarding loyalty (even if they did turn into "payment rewards" at the end). To avoid the system being exploited though (ie, subbing for a month in order to get all DLC mounts), I think it would have to be set that you only receive the mounts if you are subbed within a certain time period after they are released.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO plus concept
    It's a payment plan that gives immediate access to dlc and some other benefits thrown in. It's there to allow ppl full access for a low monthly price and the crowns are either available to purchase dlc or used for other things.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

What? We aren't paying to use the servers. If we were, then EVERYONE would have to be an ESO+ member to play the game. The game is B2P, meaning you buy the game and then play FOR FREE. There is no obligation for anyone to pay for ESO+, and I think the incentives, while nice, aren't really that great. A 10% boost to inspiration/experience/gold is nice, and the 1500 crowns is great, too, but I can get those 1500 crowns by just purchasing a crown pack (and can get them cheaper when purchasing the 3000 and 5000 packs).

That said, I don't think that a discount on store items is necessary. What I would like to see is the older DLCs becoming permanently unlocked for ESO+ members after, say 6 months of subscribing since that particular DLC was released - that more than pays for the cost of purchasing the DLC outright.

Fine,so ESO doesnt need Subscribers,cos of all the free players,and ther serverrs arent an issue.There. I sub so I can have access to all the FREE DLCs.I dont have to buy one every time a new one comes out.Plus I do like the crowns,and everything else that goes along with it.While it may not be much to you,it is to me.Enough that I spend my money every month to keep it.And I know,buy the DLCs and you can keep them. I dont want to have to do that.I will always sub,so it isnt a problem for me.
    :}
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

As this thread was originally created in November 2015, we decided to close it down. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.