Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Price check Glass style motif fragment

Amorpho
Amorpho
✭✭✭✭
Title is self explanatory. Ps, how many do u need for the complete motif?
The Gaming Rev
YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Magicka Nightblade, Breton
Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Stamina Templar, Orsimer
Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need 10 motif fragments to make one chapter, and there are 14 chapters, so at bare minimum, you will need 140 fragments (though if you are SUPER LUCKY, you could end up with the entire book from 10 fragments). That said, you will likely get duplicates, so more than 140 fragments will be needed, although you would probably just sell the duplicates and use that money toward the ones you're missing.

You also need to purchase a 10K item from I believe the mystic vendors to combine 10 fragments into a chapter.

If you're wanting the price check to determine how much you can charge for a fragment, personally, I wouldn't spend more than 1K on a frag (if that) since you need 10 of them for one chapter, plus you have to spend 10K on the binding agent and it's a crap shoot as to which chapter you end up with. If someone doesn't have many chapters, perhaps they'd be willing to spend that or more for frags to start their collection. But for me it would be like spending money on the lottery, I'd rather save my money to purchase the chapters I need once prices come down and I've found a few on my own.
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotcha. Thanks. I wasn't expecting that many fragments for 1 chapter! When you put 10 fragments together, how do you know which chapter will come out? is it at random? How much would a full chapter cost then?
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC EU many still charge 10k for 1, yes one, fragment. Prices are going down and in stores you can find
    some around 7k. The Pages are from 80k for "unwanted" like belts to 500k for chests. I don't think a 500k page will
    actually sell, but there are still offers like that. Prices are going down for pages, too. It's easy to farm writs when resources are so easy to get. Maybe except wood. But with more fragments come more pages and lower prices.
    Yesterday I saw someone offering fragments for 6k in chat, so I think gold rush is over...
    Same applies for xyvkin style.

But hey, there is ancient orc and mercenary and akaviri now...
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »
    When you put 10 fragments together, how do you know which chapter will come out?

You don't it is randomly determined when you assemble them after they are consumed.
    Edited by Drax76 on November 9, 2015 12:52AM
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im on Xbox EU
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I have been leveling two avatars "simultaneously" -- one is now L38 the other L41 -- during all of the looting that they've assiduously done, they've found only five "racial motifs" that enable them to craft armor and weapons in four styles other than the style of their own "race". The Imperial has Altmer and Redguard, the Breton has Altmer, Orc, and Bosmer (?).

One found a "Trophy: Glass Style Motif Fragment" for which the tooltip states, in part: "... a small part of a text .... about the Glass Style." I have been wondering what to do with these, since storage space is not (yet) so capacious that I can spare much for "collectibles" and "trophies", or for "disguises" for which there is no further benefit to use. For better or for worse, I have refrained from creating other characters just for the storage space that they will have in their "bags" (nor are my avatars so prosperous that I could afford to increase that space, whether their own baggage space as well).

From comments on the forum, evidently players are supposed to collect these specific "trophy" fragments and bind 10 of them to create a "chapter" in a book. Further, the "binding agent" is the item that certain merchants sell for 10,000 GP, and the chapter produced by using it is randomly* selected by the game host. Ultimately, an avatar will supposedly be able to craft items that have a "Glass" style -- whatever that is.

Apparently, when ESO became "free to play", Bethesda and Z.O. decided to make player acquisition of storage space into a revenue stream. They had already introduced items into the game which have very little or no use to the player, just to appeal to those players who do enjoy "collecting things". Since ESOTU began, from what I've read, they have pointedly continued to introduce yet more of them via the DLCs.

The logical outcome of this revenue strategy is that Bethesda must, at some point, reward players for buying the storage space -- in particular, the players who do so in order to collect those items for which there is no particular use in playing the game. Hopefully, the reward will not be to confer an advantage to the avatars of the collectors, an advantage which those who have not been collectors will not have, but that is perhaps the most likely outcome.

Regardless, conferring any such advantage would inherently give players who have more real money ($$$) to spend on the game an advantage in playing it, one which those who cannot afford to spend the real money (to buy the script they must use in the company store) cannot have.

There's no doubt that most players who read this will respond -- if they reply -- with insults and put-downs. But greed is greed is a vice, not a virtue, and corporate greed is the fundamental vice which will eventually destroy our economy, our society, and our planet. Some time before that happens, it will destroy ESOTU.

* Note: somebody needs to back the dev team into a corner and inform them that "random" is not the same as "fair" or "just" or "enjoyable" -- "random" is just an idea which allows some people to profit from ignorance.
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • TrevvSparXx
    TrevvSparXx
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by TrevvSparXx on January 23, 2018 3:55AM