Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Wrothgar Provisioning writ rewards - now with a reply from ZOS Customer Services

Khenarthi
Khenarthi
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me, or instead of a random recipe plus ingredients everyone else got a lockpick along with a few ingredients in the provisioning package?

Should I /bug it, or is this intended?
Edited by Khenarthi on November 6, 2015 10:15PM
PC-EU
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    you are not alone, I got one today and have seen others mentioning it in zone chat. How generous of them. Not just that but if you do rank 10 equipment writs in craglorn you are required to make vr15 gear, even though the zone does not drop the matts.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • MrKen
    MrKen
    Yep me too
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well I will /bug this when I get back home tonight.

Hopefully Zenimax just got their loot tables moxed up for this reward, and it's not by design.

Although it's as if they knew my Khajiit got the writ recipes by thieving, and were offering a lockpick because it's the main tool of her trade! XD
    PC-EU
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, I just got a writ reward Provisioning Pack 7 and no recipe but a lovely lockpick.

proviionerpack7_zpsle6tnls3.jpg
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Yep, I just got a writ reward Provisioning Pack 7 and no recipe but a lovely lockpick.

proviionerpack7_zpsle6tnls3.jpg

I've got two characters being screwed by this :(. Both Provisioning Writs they completed had a lockpick. If the Lockpicks received were green/blue with special qualities I probably wouldn't mind.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my. The writ rewards just get better and better.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I did another provisioning writ in orsinium today and instead of the lockpick I got a blue recipe.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, because u should steal your food.. or something :D . Have no clue why its there :)
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    gotten a purple recipe and a blue recipe 10+ purple ingredients of each in two bags, did two writs so far.

And oh yes, the dreaded lockpick too.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I completed the writ on 3 different days and got lockpicks the whole time. While I use them on my thieving sprees, a recipe would be much better. I will continue for a few more days testing this, I still believe it is a bug.

By the way @Bhakura I believe you are the person who helped me with yesterdays writ (or was it the day before?) by sending some Hagraven Tonic... thank you so much for it! I have now finally found the recipe, but I still appreciate your kindness
    PC-EU
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    heh, anytime
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just getting a few cheap ingredients and a lockpick. I haven't seen any purple mats with Orsinium writs yet either.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I got a reply from Customer Relations:
    Thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us, though I am sorry that it is due to seemingly incorrect loot from a Writ bag. I can understand how concerning and frustrating being unable to resolve it on your own must be and we appreciate you letting us know what is going on.

While we cannot reveal specific information about the loot tables from Writs, we can say that there is only a chance to get a recipe from a Consumables Writ Bag. That being said, if you feel that this is not supposed to be in the Writ bag you may send us a /bug report in game, or use /feedback if you believe that the loot table should be changed. We deeply apologize for the aggravation caused by this.

I then replied to the email, because nothing on the patch notes indicates this is expected behaviour in a provisioning writ reward - in fact, only Wrothgar writs have given lockpicks instead of a recipe. I also asked why a lockpick... and this was the answer:
    As we have said, there is only a chance to get a recipe from a Consumables Writ Bag. If you feel that this is a bug in the game, you may send us a /bug report in game, or use /feedback if you believe that the loot table should be changed.

Sending in a bug report will give specific game data for our developers to look into, whereas feedback will show them your opinion of this situation and what you feel should be changed. Alternatively, you can also comment on this issue on the forums as well.

So... it appears that this is in fact intended. It's just a pity that noone saw fit to include it on the patch notes.
    PC-EU
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    So... it appears that this is in fact intended. It's just a pity that noone saw fit to include it on the patch notes.

So then, it is up to us to complain constantly and get them to change their minds about providing lockpicks instead of recipes.

#edit: With pictures because they may be assuming that we are lying without a screenshot.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on November 6, 2015 10:53PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The whole "there's only a chance to get a recipe" thing sounds like they're implying that it could have been no recipe at all, so at least you got a lockpick. The bug would be if it's supposed to be a recipe but a lockpick appears in its place instead.

With the wording they used, the feedback is probably your best bet to encourage them to change it, unless they investigate and find out that lockpicks have been masquerading as recipes without their knowledge.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I got a reply from Customer Relations:
    Thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us, though I am sorry that it is due to seemingly incorrect loot from a Writ bag. I can understand how concerning and frustrating being unable to resolve it on your own must be and we appreciate you letting us know what is going on.

While we cannot reveal specific information about the loot tables from Writs, we can say that there is only a chance to get a recipe from a Consumables Writ Bag. That being said, if you feel that this is not supposed to be in the Writ bag you may send us a /bug report in game, or use /feedback if you believe that the loot table should be changed. We deeply apologize for the aggravation caused by this.

I then replied to the email, because nothing on the patch notes indicates this is expected behaviour in a provisioning writ reward - in fact, only Wrothgar writs have given lockpicks instead of a recipe. I also asked why a lockpick... and this was the answer:
    As we have said, there is only a chance to get a recipe from a Consumables Writ Bag. If you feel that this is a bug in the game, you may send us a /bug report in game, or use /feedback if you believe that the loot table should be changed.

Sending in a bug report will give specific game data for our developers to look into, whereas feedback will show them your opinion of this situation and what you feel should be changed. Alternatively, you can also comment on this issue on the forums as well.

How did you arrive that conclusion?

" If you feel that this is a bug in the game, you may send us a /bug report in game, or use /feedback if you believe that the loot table should be changed."

If you are on the PC, write a /bug report.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have submitted both a /bug report and /feedback so I am hoping this will be reviewed... eventually.
    PC-EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean chance to get a recipe? Every other Provisioning Writ gives a recipe every time. This should be the same for Wrothgar.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't go by what Customer Service stats. They don't know crap about what they game mechanics are suppose to be and just answer stuff by a predetermined script they put in.

Put the /bug into the system and let Gina know as well.

Also, if you go to Craglorn to pick up your writ, your reward will have a recipe in it, but it won't if you pick it up in Wrothgar. I noticed that difference on a few of my alts.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, if you go to Craglorn to pick up your writ, your reward will have a recipe in it, but it won't if you pick it up in Wrothgar. I noticed that difference on a few of my alts.

I will be able to verify that tonight, I picked up a writ in Craglorn and have to drop it off in Orsinium. This should be interesting as I respecced this guy a while back have only put points back into crafting. He will be going into Wrothgar completely unable to do any combat. (its my NB and the Stamina experiment has been a failure so far, and I am waffling on going back to magic)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will test this tomorrow by picking up the next writ in Craglorn and see how it goes. So far my 4 writs (3 lockpicks plus one green recipe this morning) were picked up in Orsinium. Thank you for the advice, @Nebthet78 !

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you please look into this as well?
    PC-EU
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, it's because someone in CS didn't know what the hell they were talking about. On every provisioning writ previous to Wrothgar, there has never been a Lockpick in the writ bag. My feeling is that this is a bug, and hopefully it will get fixed soon. The writ rewards are nothing spectacular to begin with, I don't need to be insulted by receiving a freaking pick in my reward container.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because this is likely not a high priority, it will be 2 weeks or more to address this. There is always the possibility that they could decide to leave it be, too. I suggest not opening the reward bag until we are sure they are not going to fix it.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, picking up the writ in Craglorn did not work - got a lockpick again. I will do as suggested above and save the writ reward bags for a while, hoping this is recognised as a bug and solved accordingly.
    Edited by Khenarthi on November 8, 2015 6:50PM
    PC-EU
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.... has anyone received a blue or purple recipe doing Wrothgar Writs yet? Is it possible that the lockpick has replaced the position of the Blue and/or Purple recipes in the writ loot table?

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally got a green recipe in a Writ Reward yesterday, otherwise it's been all lockpicks.

Like I need more lockpicks.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not provisioning, but on enchanting, my chance of getting higher level mats on decons is.. well. SUBSTANTIALLY better since I moved her to Wrothgar. That zone treats opening nodes differently, so opening bags and other items to spawn the contents differently also makes sense.

The lockpicks? After doing the provisioning writs for since day one, I have YET to see a lockpick as a reward. Yeah, I dont get a recipe every time, but it kinda sounds someone put lockpicks as a placeholder in the loot table and forgot about it.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Not provisioning, but on enchanting, my chance of getting higher level mats on decons is.. well. SUBSTANTIALLY better since I moved her to Wrothgar. That zone treats opening nodes differently, so opening bags and other items to spawn the contents differently also makes sense.

The lockpicks? After doing the provisioning writs for since day one, I have YET to see a lockpick as a reward. Yeah, I dont get a recipe every time, but it kinda sounds someone put lockpicks as a placeholder in the loot table and forgot about it.

Same. Every writ, every day this DLC, taken and turned in in Orsinium, never got a pick.

I have gotten crappy bags, just not a pick.

I feel left out.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems this has been resolved now, according to the Patch Notes 2.2.5:
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    Provisioning writs will now correctly award recipes instead of occasionally awarding lockpicks.
    PC-EU
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems this has been resolved now, according to the Patch Notes 2.2.5:
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    Provisioning writs will now correctly award recipes instead of occasionally awarding lockpicks.

I wonder if this will be fixed for console release of Orsinium, or will they be getting lock picks for awhile until the next patch?
    PS4 Pro NA