Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire or Werewolf

Black_Canary15
If you choose to become either are there really any cons if you don't do pvp?
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're willing to sacrifice one Ult slot for the stam regen from WW, I'd say WW is probably the less punishing of the two overall.

Though if you're a magic class like Templar or NB, I would definitely recommend Vampirism mainly because their ult deals magic damage which is on par with most of their abilities so it would benefit from being boosted by the same Champion passive that boosts your magic damage skills. I swapped my sorc to vamp from WW and it's worked out fantastically for me, Devouring Swarm lets me rush into a pack of mobs, drop ult, and clear the group without worrying about getting poked to death.
  • Black_Canary15
    Scyantific wrote: »
    If you're willing to sacrifice one Ult slot for the stam regen from WW, I'd say WW is probably the less punishing of the two overall.

Though if you're a magic class like Templar or NB, I would definitely recommend Vampirism mainly because their ult deals magic damage which is on par with most of their abilities so it would benefit from being boosted by the same Champion passive that boosts your magic damage skills. I swapped my sorc to vamp from WW and it's worked out fantastically for me, Devouring Swarm lets me rush into a pack of mobs, drop ult, and clear the group without worrying about getting poked to death.

My ebonheart pact character is a vampire and I was thinking of making one of my other characters a werewolf.
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the cons are eliminated...

well, vampire means more fire damage, which may be a problem. (also, slow health regeneration is a problem if you have no self heals.)
    werewolf means more poison damage, which nobody cares about.

But to get the pros from the two "races", you need to equip their skills.
    Edited by Shinra on November 3, 2015 2:45PM
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shinra wrote: »

Actually, you get all the bonuses except regen for Vampire even if you don't have the abilities slotted.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭

Actually, you get all the bonuses except regen for Vampire even if you don't have the abilities slotted.

The other passives are only fillers which I don't even count :wink: regeneration is the most important passive. Speaking as somebody who has both a werewolf and a vampire.
    Edited by Shinra on November 3, 2015 2:53PM
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The other passives are only fillers which I don't even count :wink: regeneration is the most important passive. Speaking as somebody who has both a werewolf and a vampire.

I'd Argue that Undeath II is probably more important than Supernatural Recovery. It kicks in at 50% health and scales all the way to 33%
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're purely PvE, I found WW to be much stronger with less downsides. You can literally steamroll any enemy, and with the increased physical/spell resistance and bug fixes, it's better than ever.
    Different story in PvP though.
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well.. As a Magicka NB I always use the Mages Guild Meteor ultimate thingy. So I have pretty much a free ult slot. And that is where I put in my WW form. I never really use but I can sprint... almost forever. And extra blocking and rolling is always welcome. So no cons here for me.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!