Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confusing Bankorai fishing spots.

Fat-Larry-Makes-All
So all the guides say that there aren't any foul water type patches in Bankorai. Like Darth's awesome guide:

b03fa5_841f936d4a004ffcb654559415e0c4b7.png_srb_p_600_572_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srb

But just now I stumpled upon this:
CSzzF5wVEAA2-uo.jpg:large

I thought that if a zone didn't have rare fish to be caught for a specific water-type, it was because that water-type isn't avialable for that zone. Like Ocean for land-locked zones. But I suppose this proves I was wrong.

Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Rainteal
    Rainteal
    ✭✭✭
    I have found a very small number of fishing nodes that are water types that are not supposed to exist in those zones. Mainly they have been foul water inside small "sewer" type areas. I suppose the idea for having the fish available in different water types is because there are too few of those nodes spread across the zones.

That is my best guess.
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Rainteal wrote: »
    I have found a very small number of fishing nodes that are water types that are not supposed to exist in those zones. Mainly they have been foul water inside small "sewer" type areas. I suppose the idea for having the fish available in different water types is because there are too few of those nodes spread across the zones.

That is my best guess.

I don't think you can catch the other water-type rare fish of Bankorai in a foul water-type node. And for white fish like Trodh and Spadetail it doesn't matter, they're equal apart from the name and icon.

Thanks for letting me know that there are more cases of Zones with fishing nodes of a type from wich you don't need any rare fish to get the Master Angler title. That's what I didn't know before.

ZOS is weird with fishing node distribution and the Angler achievement anyway, look at these two fishing maps:
    b03fa5_84fb6e567ede4d78874448782459cee2.png_srb_p_749_572_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srb

b03fa5_2c69b719da4d4549aefe889cbae5f322.png_srb_p_600_572_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srb

You need 2 blue fish from the water-type with the least amount of nodes... That's then added to the fact that catching 2 blue's from the same water-type usually costs more time than getting that one blue from 2 different water-types. (lakes in Alik'r don't count because they're all conveniently grouped together right on top of my favourite guts farming spot)

Not complaining though, all of this is why I want that Master Angler title in the first place.
    Edited by Fat-Larry-Makes-All on November 3, 2015 1:15PM
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Wrong button..

Edited by Fat-Larry-Makes-All on November 3, 2015 1:14PM
    Fat Argonian Cook.