Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New characters, old characters and mount training

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
You've filled up your 8 character slots, but decide to make a new one. No problem, just delete one you rarely use.
What I'd suggest is, if the character you deleted has mount training, the next new character you create inherits whatever training knowledge they had. I'm not going to play this game forever, so I'm not really keen on spending my time waiting weeks for researching traits and mount training every character.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but no. 8 characters is a lot. Whoever has 8 characters should do more planning to make sure there is no need to delete one that was already invested into.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather suggest something along the lines like: If you have a character with for example 47 speed/13 stamina/20 inventory, you'll be able to feed (of course paid with gold) the mount of a newly created character for the amount of feeding you've done on your most advanced char. Like in this case: 47+13+20= 80. Means you can feed the new mount 80 times to catch up to your other chars mount. Because having to feed every single characters mount every single day to get fullspeed etc is, combined with the loading screens, just some other kind of a grind..

But then again.. that would ruin the idea of crown store lessons I guess.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    You've filled up your 8 character slots, but decide to make a new one. No problem, just delete one you rarely use.
    What I'd suggest is, if the character you deleted has mount training, the next new character you create inherits whatever training knowledge they had. I'm not going to play this game forever, so I'm not really keen on spending my time waiting weeks for researching traits and mount training every character.

I am trying to figure out how this makes sense.

If you have patience, you won't have to delete the character at all. You will be able to go to the Barbershop and get a complete makeover, right down to the DNA. Eventually, you will be able to take your max XP, max CP character and change name, class, race, skills, attributes, appearance, and buy whatever riding skills you want. No need to delete it at all.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have patience, you won't have to delete the character at all. You will be able to go to the Barbershop and get a complete makeover, right down to the DNA. Eventually, you will be able to take your max XP, max CP character and change name, class, race, skills, attributes, appearance, and buy whatever riding skills you want. No need to delete it at all.

Racial passives. If you make 8 stamina race characters, you might have a problém. But in that case, its your fault IMO.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like your request could be simplified to: make mount upgrades account wide rather than character wide. Considering ZoS is selling mount upgrade packs (not sure exactly what they're called) on the Crown Store, I doubt they would ever make this change. The situation you are describing is exactly what they want to happen: start a new character, realize you don't want to spend time waiting for all those mount upgrades .... and oh look I can drop a few $$$ and have it done immediately. They're not gonna give up the potential to make a few extra bucks here.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.

Just wait until they sell additional character slots in the crown store... :tongue::smirk:

IMO, the only thing mounts really could use is some mechanic to store unused "daily trainings" for a bit, to help those players that can't log on to play each day due to their work schedule, but instead do their gaming time during several hours each weekend... much like the daily enlightment already does.

For new characters, there are two choices - be fu... uhm... fu... funnily patient, or shell out the crowns for the crown store riding lessions.

Giving players -any- mechanic to train up their riding when they are trying to sell those riding lessions would be them cutting their own throats, from a profit-gaining point of vioew, so I don't expect any of that to -ever- happen... those servers need paying after all!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surragard wrote: »
    It sounds like your request could be simplified to: make mount upgrades account wide rather than character wide. Considering ZoS is selling mount upgrade packs (not sure exactly what they're called) on the Crown Store, I doubt they would ever make this change. The situation you are describing is exactly what they want to happen: start a new character, realize you don't want to spend time waiting for all those mount upgrades .... and oh look I can drop a few $$$ and have it done immediately. They're not gonna give up the potential to make a few extra bucks here.
    That's what I was afraid of.. the mount training is really expensive, so I imagine they make a few bob out of it
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.

Just wait until they sell additional character slots in the crown store... :tongue::smirk:
    This would be optimal. Even just an extra 2 would be satisfactory
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    Sorry, but no. 8 characters is a lot. Whoever has 8 characters should do more planning to make sure there is no need to delete one that was already invested into.
    So you're saying no to something that's optional and has no effect on you whatsoever?
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well something needs to be done about it, because it's quite silly having to completely level up your mount stuff again, but from their perspective, they see it as a money maker due to training in the crown store....
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have enough gold to wipe my CPs, attributes, skills, change my appearance and name every time I want to respec. The last two aren't even possible yet. If we had more options available it might be more of a non-issue.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

At first I eventually regretted having 8 AD characters because I wanted all my alts to be same faction and was starting to believe I should've been EP instead, but I got over it.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.

This would be optimal. Even just an extra 2 would be satisfactory
    Agreed!
    -makes a vodoo doll of ZOS decisionmakers and throws coins at it-
    -chants: "come on, ZOS, take our money, give us character slots..."-
    ;)
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're saying no to something that's optional and has no effect on you whatsoever?

It wouldn't be optional the way you describe it, and it would affect everyone who re-rolled a character. Some of us want to develop our characters individually and don't want the whole fun of doing so spoilt by each character sharing account-wide abilities and achievements etc.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It wouldn't be optional the way you describe it, and it would affect everyone who re-rolled a character. Some of us want to develop our characters individually and don't want the whole fun of doing so spoilt by each character sharing account-wide abilities and achievements etc.
    At least you gave proper feedback I can work with. If people enjoy spending a lot of gold and time training their riding, who am I to argue?
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just give me more character slots, I'll feed my horse again, idc. :(

Deleted 2 vets already >_< One vr16, the other on her way there.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted 2 vets already >_< One vr16, the other on her way there.
    rip :(

I know them feels. I'm not sure why they are against giving us a couple of extra slots. Would happily throw some money at them for it, as I'm sure many others would.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Im sorry but no.
    no to everything you just said.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some people like making different characters for different factions,and different classes.So,yes,..8 characters is fine.For anyone who wants them.