The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Xivkyn Legs

Valrien
Valrien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Zenimax, can you guys look into the drop rate of the Xivkyn Legs motif? I don't know if this is intended or not but it seems to be incredibly rare and almost impossible to obtain.
Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree, and i also feel the same about the "xivkin axes" as i have never seen them drop.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just bought the legs. Pretty expensive but far easier. Mind you, I had to go to many guild vendors to find the pattern.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Ive searched nearly all of the vendors and only found 2... both were 200k each....

axes i see alot of, they are going for around 30 - 20k each...

but they definantly need to look into those leg drops...
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loot drop system should identify what you've not learned and increase the chance that you will see those items.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    i "only" paid 55k for mine. In Wayrest. Lucky me!
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    The loot drop system should identify what you've not learned and increase the chance that you will see those items.

That would make it too easy in my opinion. I found 3 Dwemer motif pages so far, two of wich were bows... But I don't mind that much, it's supposed to be that way. RNGezus giveth, and RNGezus taketh away.

With fishing it's even worse, you catch every unique fish of a certain zone and water-type at least ten times over before you catch that last blue one you need. But that's exactly why I want that Master Angler title.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If each chapter is obtained the same way then it's a simple matter of RNGeebus.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would make it too easy in my opinion. I found 3 Dwemer motif pages so far, two of wich were bows... But I don't mind that much, it's supposed to be that way. RNGezus giveth, and RNGezus taketh away.

With fishing it's even worse, you catch every unique fish of a certain zone and water-type at least ten times over before you catch that last blue one you need. But that's exactly why I want that Master Angler title.

Honestly though and I might just be thinking too much into this. With the amount of broken things people find with the game, I'm sure the loot system isn't free from glitches. There is still RNG with what I suggested, you may have just assumed that it's going to be "always" in your favour, which wasn't what I was suggesting.

I got lazy and made a swift suggestion. I should have been more specific and clear, but I'll leave that for another time because I'm still feeling lazy lol.
    Edited by Kuroinu on October 31, 2015 11:43PM
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
  • LeoTheBatiamigo
    I always see this going for 90k in The Rift
    GamerRKO - PS4 - NA - EP
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Geemarc wrote: »

Is it 100% confirmed though? If so then I guess I know where I'm going :P
    Edited by Valrien on October 31, 2015 9:42PM
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    No ZoS reply but I've had 3 leg motifs from bone shard chests and a few others posted the same.

I'd say it's fairly accurate.
  • dothackza
    dothackza
    ✭✭
    Want to know a secret? For me at least on NA PC. Mark of the Legion Vaults drop Xivkyn Shields and Xivkyn Legs so I would buy up cheap Mark of the Legion trophies and hopefully get a nice bundle of Xivkyn Legs to sell to make profit. My last run I did I put together a total of 22 keys worth of Mark of the legion trophies which costed me roughly 375k I came out with 5x Xivkyn Legs and 2x Xivkyn Shields. Sold the legs at 148.8k per after taxes in guild store because they're so "rare" I've made at least double my gold investment.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Guild Stores around Craglorn. Saw 2-3 legs pieces today there.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 2 legs (NA, PC) from Legion vault. I seem to have the stupid luck where I can't get anything else. Both from the Legion vault, if that helps anyone.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • M_TeK_9
    M_TeK_9
    ✭✭✭
    I got the legs twice in the first week.