The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Need Advice for NB Tanking

demustacio
Hello guys,

So my main is a High Elf NB DPS. But I'm trying to build a High Elf NB tank. And I am having tons of problem as I have always been a DPS for the past mom i have played. So this will probably my first attempt tanking. I have seen some NB tanks but i am confused as how do they put on the points (all health or magic or stamina)

As High Elf have more advantages towards magicka, i wonder will I benefit more by putting points in magicka or am I wrong? I would love for an experienced NB tank to help me out on this as far set goes and skills as I am blind to any form of tanking.

Regards,
demustacio
You won't see what hit you
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest you look at the following abilities: Blur, Ambush/Lotus Fan, Fear, Sap Essence, Refreshing Path, Siphoning Strikes, Cloak (If you pvp), Funnel Health, and You want most if not all passives. Out of class skills you might like include Defensive Posture, Inner fire, Puncture, Reverberating Bash, Really One Hand and Shield. Consider a Restoration staff as well (Both for instances where you need range in a dungeon, but also for pvp). You might also like skills like Camo Hunter and Entropy (With appropriate mages guild passives). For PVE tanking Stamina will be important but you will definitely need enough magica and magic regen to make your HoT's viable, and enough Health so you don't get 1-shot like a DPS.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What level are you?

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a very good NB tanking build that should fit your character perfectly:
    https://youtu.be/UAghedTLYSc
    Edited by Aerieth on October 31, 2015 12:49PM
    @Aerieth - PC EU Megaserver
    Ilatria Shadowcore - Lv 50 Nord Vampire Nightblade - Tank / Stam DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Maiine Shadowcore - Lv 50 Breton Vampire Nightblade - Magicka DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerieth Shadowcore - Lv 50 Imperial Vampire Nightblade - Healer - Daggerfall Covenant
    From patch notes long forgotten:
    "Fixed an issue if you had a summoned pet, it could potentially be grabbed by an invisible Molag-Bal and get stuck in a floating posture."
    "Dogs can no longer teleport while chasing cats (much to the disappointment of the dogs)."
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... NB and tank should never be together :/ but alas they are cause ZOS had made DKs this useless..... Sigh what I heard is for NBs tanks you spam your siphoning skills or something.
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade make great tanks easy resource management because of siphon attack and constant major fortutude and great recovery with willows path engine guardian easily 1900 health recovery 1300 stam and majic recovery
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main idea with NB tanking:
    -keep siphon attacks up
    -keep refreshing path+cripling crasp on the target
    (this will give much mag/stam back)
    -keep Mirage/Double Take up for the armor buff and dodge chance
    -keep debuffs like shade or mark active to boost your groups dps.

-sap for heals in aoe situation, swallow soul for single target situations.

Sets: 5x footman, 5x willows path, 2x engine guardian
    Try to get 26k health, 18k stam and put the rest into magicka.

S&B bar 1: refreshing path, swallow soul, sap essence, siphon attacks, absorb magic > soul harvest
    S&B bar 2: inner fire, puncture, cripling grasp, mirage, shade > veil of blades

Enclavers build basically but it works really well.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer