The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DK finisher skill?

ontheleftcoast
ontheleftcoast
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm having a lot of fun playing my magicka DK. However, in PvP I feel I'm missing a finisher skill. Looking at the class skills there doesn't seem to be one. That doesn't seem right so I figure I'm missing something, probably something obvious. For weapons I'm running DD/Restro since I seem to better in a support role then a fighting one.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molten Weapons..
    N64 NA EP
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O
    Molten Weapons..

I've tried that and was disappointed with it. As a magicka build my weapon attacks are pathetic. Plus it's not really a finisher skill. To be a real finisher it needs a bonus to damage against weakened opponents.

• MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molten Weapons reeeeeally needs to be changed, as full heavy attacks are something you don't want to use unless you need to regen resources in theory. Abilities do much more DPS and to top it all off, it only lasts 8 seconds before you need to waste more resources on it.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just make Lava Whip our executioner skill. Oh and give it a stamina morph.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just saying, its the only "execute" that Dragonknights have. And yes, it does do bonus damage against weakened units.
    N64 NA EP
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    Molten Weapons reeeeeally needs to be changed, as full heavy attacks are something you don't want to use unless you need to regen resources in theory. Abilities do much more DPS and to top it all off, it only lasts 8 seconds before you need to waste more resources on it.

Yeah that is also pretty lame. I go to finish off my opponent they block and stun me. Pretty ***
    I'm just saying, its the only "execute" that Dragonknights have. And yes, it does do bonus damage against weakened units.

Not according to the tooltip. Or does one of the morphs add that ability?
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, ok. Maybe it is the morph then. Heavy attacks do x damage against enemies under x percent health.
    N64 NA EP
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, ok. Maybe it is the morph then. Heavy attacks do x damage against enemies under x percent health.

OK, it's the morph, Molten Armaments. Still, it's a terrible "execute" because it takes so long to cast/use it your target will be out of range or healed and quite possibly be able to counter it. Every other class has much better finishers. I think I'll keep my DK as a support build in PvP. I'm not blowing 20% of my magicka to expose myself to being stunned for a limp noodle amount of damage.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol yea.. I didn't say it was good, just thats the version of a DK's execute..

Its nice in PvE tho
    N64 NA EP
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Executioner from 2H, Magicka Dk is the weakest class anyways
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD