The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Notifications When Keeps Are Taken?

Molag_Crow
Molag_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Has that ever been brought up before, or thought of? because I'm not sure, but I was thinking... wouldn't it be good if there was an option to turn on notifications that pop on your screen (I'm on console so idk if there are addons for this) to tell you that your keep has just been taken? like "Chalman Keep has been claimed by Daggerfall Covenant!"

Or do you think it would be pointless? since I'm thinking if a keep has been taken, our team would see it, wake up and make a move to defend the line, or something along those lines...
Edited by Molag_Crow on October 29, 2015 9:35PM
--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
YoutTube ESO Playlist
The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
Be your true, authentic self.

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There already is a notification system that has been added since IC, whenever your faction takes a keep, everyone gets auto dismounted, because huehuehue. :trollface:
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bad joke^
  • Shelgon
    Shelgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure "kill counter" does this automatically, or atleast i think it was "kill counter".
    V16 Templar - Shelgon - DC
    V16 Dragonknight - The Secutor - DC
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys, how is a group of trolls called, herd or flock?

Anyways, back to topic: @CrowsDescend, I would not be able to enjoy it without this kind of information. For us PC users, there are a number of addons providing it, to different level of detail. Most even distinguish between the two flags that are inside keeps (Apse/Nave is taken by faction xy).

Since it is provided by the game's API, asking to get access to this kind of information on console as well can't be wrong, and it helps massively in planning.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Guys, how is a group of trolls called, herd or flock?

Anyways, back to topic: @CrowsDescend, I would not be able to enjoy it without this kind of information. For us PC users, there are a number of addons providing it, to different level of detail. Most even distinguish between the two flags that are inside keeps (Apse/Nave is taken by faction xy).

Since it is provided by the game's API, asking to get access to this kind of information on console as well can't be wrong, and it helps massively in planning.

Oooh so an addon does exist for it over on PC? interesting... well, it would be a nice addition but obviously something to not expect to happen any time soon :lol:

I just thought I'd bring it up at the time of this.. thought. :P
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Cyrhud works well too. Or maybe it's killcounter. Can't remember cause I use both, but one definitely gives me an in-chat update when something is taken, and a on-screen visual when it's flagged.

Super useful. But yeah the game probably should do this independently.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like something like this. Maybe our faction might wake up to what's going on on the map then :expressionless:

You do realize our gate keeps are being taken right guys RIGHT? Get over here!
    "Chalman Keep has been claimed by Daggerfall Covenant!"
    It always is. We have this fascination with attacking all things red and charging east. I think we're bulls.
    Edited by revonine on October 30, 2015 3:32PM