The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

respeccing crafting points.

JimbobMarley
JimbobMarley
✭✭
I am truly at my wits end (or should that be writs end?) I have done writs pretty much every day for months , all craglorn and I have never had an Cambodia frag and only one glass page , I don't even get normal recipes never mind blue or purples. My question is would respeccing my points change this bad luck ? I am even thinking of deleting my save data hoping that it might affect something. Surely nobody can be this unlucky.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am truly at my wits end (or should that be writs end?) I have done writs pretty much every day for months , all craglorn and I have never had an Cambodia frag and only one glass page , I don't even get normal recipes never mind blue or purples. My question is would respeccing my points change this bad luck ? I am even thinking of deleting my save data hoping that it might affect something. Surely nobody can be this unlucky.

Apparently, somebody can be that unlucky. It's YOU. I doubt respec will help. My own experience is with 8 provisioning writs every day on maxed cooks, but only 3 doing Craglorn writs. I've completed two Psijic recipes, but all the frags came from only 2 of the Craglorn characters. I stopped doing them except on the luck two. Maybe you should try to do writs with a different character.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Apparently, somebody can be that unlucky. It's YOU. I doubt respec will help. My own experience is with 8 provisioning writs every day on maxed cooks, but only 3 doing Craglorn writs. I've completed two Psijic recipes, but all the frags came from only 2 of the Craglorn characters. I stopped doing them except on the luck two. Maybe you should try to do writs with a different character.

Thanks for the reply . I guess you are right I really am unlucky. At first I thought maybe it was because I abandoned my very first provisioning writ (damn you carrot soup) and thinking over about the respec I remembered I had to respec after the imperial city update so I guess it wouldn't work after all . I just feel so frustrated getting minimum rewards time after time . I do have an alt but he is only v1 and I hadn't intended on him being a crafter but I will give it a go . Congrats on the master angler by the way . I will have that title one day , luckily I seem to be a better fisherman than a crafter lol.
  • ManyFacedG0d
    ManyFacedG0d
    Soul Shriven
    My own experience is with 8 provisioning writs every day on maxed cooks, but only 3 doing Craglorn writs.

Hmmm...I thought there were only 6 writs available each day. Have I been missing something? I do Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking, Alchemy, Enchanting and Provisioning everyday in Craglorn.

Is there 2 additional writs that I'm missing?
    Edited by ManyFacedG0d on October 29, 2015 2:38PM
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    My own experience is with 8 provisioning writs every day on maxed cooks, but only 3 doing Craglorn writs.

Hmmm...I thought there were only 6 writs available each day. Have I been missing something? I do Blacksmithing, Clothing, Woodworking, Alchemy, Enchanting and Provisioning everyday in Craglorn.

Is there 2 additional writs that I'm missing?

You quoted the wrong person but I believe what he meant was he does the provisioning writs with 8 characters.