The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crit Info

drumbendrum_ESO
drumbendrum_ESO
✭✭✭
I have gotten my Khajit up to 80% crit, however I am unable to raise it anymore. When I use potions it does not seem to go up?

Is there some sort of cap and is there a way to reach 100% I am curious though why when I use the potion nothing happens???

Wondering if anyone has information regarding critical percentages?

Thanks
Fong
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no need to use potions if you already have fighters guild evil hunter on your bar, its the same buff.

Use thief mundus stone.

double dagger with precise traits legendary, and level 50 in dual wield.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on October 28, 2015 8:58PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well if it isn't rising anymore then of course it's capped lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got mine at 91% right now (81% without Hunter). And I had it at 97.6% with Cyro buffs.

So it's not capped, would be my guess.
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although I did hear of a 50% cap on the PTS - can anyone confirm/deny intended/bug?
    Options
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    as those above said, like bonuses do not stack (IE major savagery will not s5tack with major savagery) so thats your problem (a skill u have gives the buff the potion ALSO supplies so your not getting both)
    Options
  • mamericus
    mamericus
    ✭✭✭
    If you read the potion you are using carefully you will notice a name on the buff. It will be either Major Prophecy or Major Savagery, depending on whether you're going for spell or weapon crit, respectively. Buffs with the same name do not stack but rather replace each other. You are likely also using a skill on your bar that is already applying this buff and that's why, when you drink the potion, you don't see a difference on your crit percentage.

Afaik there is currently no cap on either spell or weapon crit so you should theoretically be able to reach 100%. Whether the game currently has enough buffs and stats on gear, etc. to reach this at level cap I do not know. For more information on buffs you can check out ESO Academy. http://esoacademy.com/buffs-debuffs/
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For dps purposes its better to get the Shadow mundus after you pass 50% crit rating. As far as I know there is no cap on crit rating.

There will be a maximum if you combine racial passives, class passives, 7x medium divines with Thief mundus, DW passives with dual precise daggers, minor+major crit buff and crit boni from gear.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • drumbendrum_ESO
    drumbendrum_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have been running warrior but going to change to shadow to see if there is any improvement. Honestly I'm happy with 70% crit as I feel that there is enough crit in there to able to proc often enough. The other thing now is to balance stamina/weapon dmg/ and resource regen.

Thanks for the replies, that does make sense now since I was using fighters guild ability to be able to do so.

Appreciate the help~

Options
  • Leifnier
    Leifnier
    ✭✭✭
    @Jitterbug it's a bug on the pts.

The cap is 100% to my knowledge. You might be able to get higher, but it would be redundant.
    Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no cap.
    7d6bf8-1444671620.jpg

In the German forum I posted a max crit build for stam sorcerer (Khajiit): forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/225136/critty-cat-stamina-sorcerer

[in English: tamrielfoundry.com/topic/critty-cat/, don't know if it's allowed to link to another site]
    Edited by oibam on October 29, 2015 7:46AM
    Options