The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Solved] Fresh install of the launcher - Can't make it detect the installed game!

Zinaroth
Zinaroth
✭✭✭✭✭
I was cleaning up my computer and found a program called "Elder Scrolls Online Beta" and thought this was a leftover from the beta. I deinstalled it and it turns out it was the launcher. I have now reinstalled the launcher in a seperate folder (like the other launcher was), my folder structure looks like this:

[Some other game]
[Some other game]
[The Elder Scrolls Online] <-- This is where I reinstalled the launcher (the old folder was just called "Elder Scrolls Online")
[The Elder Scrolls Online EU]
[The Elder Scrolls Online PTS]
[Some other game]
[Some other game]

Now, when I execute the new launcher, it wants me to install the entire game all over again.

My question is: How do I make the new launcher "detect" the already installed games?
- I tried launching both the EU and PTS games and they work fine, just need the launcher to detect them.

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Zinaroth on October 28, 2015 9:26PM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured it out by myself.

Turns out the folder I installed the launcher in made sub folders inside called "The Elder Scrolls Onlin EU" and "The Elder Scrolls Online PTS" when I started reinstalling the game through the launcher. So I just paused the intallations and copied the game from my old directories and into the new directories and next time I opened the launcher the game was ready to launch.

Now I am just wondering why my old installer made three different directories whereas the new installer installed everything inside its folder... I guess they just changed installation protocol since beta.

I will keep this thread around incase anyone might have the same issue in the future.