Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

new player question

mikewas
mikewas
hi I'm new to eso and quite like it, I'm just wondering when I go to log out is there a specific place to do this that is safe? or can I just log out anywhere
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's in a town or city, you should be fine. Anywhere you won't get aggro from a roaming creature, really.

Welcome to ESO :)
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • mikewas
    mikewas
    thanks man :)
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You can logout anywhere...However, it is best to logout in a place that is free from enemies, because when you log back in later any enemies you may have killed will be back and will immediately begin attacking you. That doesn't mean you have to go back to a town or anything, just that you want to be out of the line of fire upon logging back in.

Unlike many other MMOs, ESO does not have rested XP, so there is no need to log off in a specific place like a tavern.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logging off in main towns in bank or near crafting stations, is my advice - especially if you are in trading guild and/or researching traits, it's just more convenient :smile: .
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some small benefits to logging out in a town, first you usually don't have to wait 10 seconds to log out or quit. And, if your doing crafting or commerce, its nice to log in close to where you do those things.

But out in the world there are plenty of places to stand and not be in danger of getting ganked by mobs. Wayshrines are pretty much a safe thing to be next to, or a Guild Trader Kiosk. Most roads are safe to log out on, same with most paths (not all, just most). Mobs spawn in the same places, so you know your not on or near a spawn point, that can be safe too. Just the other day I parked one of my characters in the middle of a swamp surrounded by mobs and she was safe as the rock she was on was far enough away that I did not aggro any mobs. I logged to her about 8 times to collect hireling emails and never moved her. I finally moved her because she was complaining about all the bugs biting her.

Edited by Nestor on October 28, 2015 10:40PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mikewas
    mikewas
    thanks a lot guys :) any help on where I can sell stuff? and when I level up where to go for pvp
  • mikewas
    mikewas
    and also how do I get more crowns without buying them with real life money
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    mikewas wrote: »
    thanks a lot guys :) any help on where I can sell stuff? and when I level up where to go for pvp

You can sell items to NPC vendors or you can join trading guilds and sell items in their guild stores to other players.

When you reach level 10, you can start to PvP in Cyrodiil and Imperial City.
    and also how do I get more crowns without buying them with real life money

You cannot get crowns without purchasing them with real money. They can be purchased in bundles of varying amounts or you can choose to purchase an ESO Plus subscription each month that comes with an allotment of 1500 crowns...Either way you are paying real money.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be the first one on this, but going to Cyrodiil on lvl10 with just basic offensive abilities is recommended only to get few skill points and some experience from training quests (before you get real quests from base generals), maybe to get few skyshards from nearby locations and to start the Assault skill line giving the Rapid Maneuver ability. PVP on lvl10 is quite frustrating there, I tried and gave up fast :smile: .
    Edited by Gargath on October 29, 2015 10:23AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭

"Where to Go" - once you reach level 10 you can join an alliance war campaign. You don't have to travel through a zone that borders with Cyrodil and find a gate. I forget which key it's default bound to, but when you go into your inventory there's an alliance war tab somewhere towards the right (near guilds and friends). There you can select which one you want to join (you'll probably be wanting the non-vet one) and then it will put you in a queue to enter, if it's crowded you may have to wait a while. You can go about your business after that but you probably don't want to get into a serious quest or something, because eventually something will pop up asking you to confirm that you want to enter the campaign. If you still want to go, then it will teleport you into cyrodil right then and there. You'll be taken to your alliance base where you can start the training quests, so don't worry about being attacked right away or something.

And you're probably going to want to have a horse before you go.... cyrodil is soooo spread out it's a real pain running back and forth to places on foot, you Can do it of course, but it's less annoying with a horse.

Also, if you have more than one character, I believe you cannot join the same campaign with characters from different factions, so keep that in mind... I'd first join with one that I really wanted to do pvp with, or check with friends to see where they are playing first.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on October 30, 2015 12:09AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inns are good places, you can sell, repair armor and buy potions and lockpicks
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get into Baby PVP(blackwater Blade) at level 10 and dont leave until i hit VR1 and it kicks me out,
    then i go to normal PVP.

There are daily quests in cyrodiil and just by doing Bruma and Chey i can level 2 levels in less than an hour....
    It is also nice to gank the odd unsuspecting EP or AD of similar level....

Be warned it is a hostile place and can be frustrating...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)