The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Self healing - Strife Skill (Swallow Soul) and Champion Points

SmalltalkJava
SmalltalkJava
✭✭✭
I never played a NB, as my one toon was a Sorc. I got to thinking about whether or not Strife and its morphs were effected by the heal champion point enhancement passives. When I got home from work the other day. I made new NB and got him to level 5.

When I got to level 5 I dumped some cp into Quick Recovery. Since it increases the effect that heals do on you, I wasn't sure if it would work with strife. Strife does iirc, 25% of damage back as a heal. I tested it on scamps, and wow, the damage remained the same but the lifetap heal went up. After that I dumped points into Blessed, which increases the effect of heals that you cast. My heal from strife went up again. then I morphed Strife into Swallow Soul for the heal buff bonus... >:) So I dumped the rest of my CP into Blessed and Quick Recovery and did some tests.

Theorycraft...
  • 40 points Quick Recovery = approx 9-10% heal bonus
  • 40 points Blessed = approx 13% heal bonus
  • Strife >> Swallow Soul (morph) = 8% heal bonus.
  • Max Argonian Passive. = approx 9% heal bonus

My test numbers:
48 Points into Blessed (Apprentice CP Line)
49 CP in Quick Recovery (Lord)

Strife Morphed to Swallow Soul Hit for 360 Damage
  • Baseline: 25% Heal from 360 Damage would be 90 Heal/Tick
  • Each tick healed me for 121 health (121 is 33.61111% of 360)

I wanted to know how much each contributed to the heal per tick going from 90 to 121
  • 48 CP in Blessed (Apprentice) grants 15% to any healing I cast. [15% of 90 is 13.5 bonus to each tick.]
  • 49 CP in Quick Recovery (Lord) grants 10.4% increase for heal received. [10.4% of 90 is 9.36 bonus to each tick]
  • Swallow Soul (strife morph) grants 8% Minor Vitality bonus. [8% of 90 is 7.2 bonus to each tick]
So Add that all up and I got:
  • Swallow Soul: 90 baseline self heal + Blessed CP Bonus 13.5 health per tick + Quick Recovery Bonus 9.36 health per tick + Minor Vitality 7.2 health per tick = 120.06 Heal Per Tick which rounds up to 121 Heal per tick
  • Funnel Health: 90 baseline self heal + Blessed CP Bonus 13.5 health per tick + Quick Recovery Bonus 9.36 health per tick= 112.86 Heal Per Tick which rounds up to 113 Heal per tick

Now thinking about Argonian Theory leads me to believe Argonian bonus of 9% would equal 8.1 heal per tick [9% of 90 is 8.1 bonus to each tick] (even though this can't happen due to the toon level only being level 5. and it would need to be higher to get the 9% bonus)

Add it all up and include Argonian bonus
Swallow Souls: 90 + Blessed Bonus 13.5 + Quick Recovery Bonus 9.36 + Minor Vitality 7.2 + Argonian Passive 8.1 = 128.7 Heal Per Tick. This would probably round up to 129 HOT Tick from Swallow Soul.
Funnel Health: 90 baseline self heal + Blessed CP Bonus 13.5 health per tick + Quick Recovery Bonus 9.36 health per tick= 121.5 Heal Per Tick which rounds up to 122 Heal per tick

So the 90 per tick HOT jumps to 129 HOT Tick with everything.

It would be interesting to do a test on a full VR 16 NB. The rabbit hole of my idea leads me to thinking that NB siphoners may actually want to look into Argonian as a race. I don't have the numbers in front of me but iirc Argonians racial goes up to 10% heals bonus.

I also started thinking So how much would you have to pump up your Strife attack to equal that same health benefit without any of the heal passive bonuses?
I am not sure if these calculations are correct. so I am putting them in a spoiler.

The initial Baseline Heal per tick was 90.
The damage was 360.

Blessed combined with Quick Recovery, and the Bonus from Swallow Soul but W/O Argonian Passive the heal per tick is 121, which is 25% of 484
So without Quick Recovery and Blessed, You would have to somehow bump Swallow Souls damage from 360 to 484. Which would require a damage increase of 34.4%.

With Argonian Passive the theoretical heal should be 129, which is 25% of 516.
So without Quick Recovery and Blessed, You would have to somehow bump Swallow Soul's damage from 360 to 516. Which would require a damage increase of 43.33%

Blessed combined with Quick Recovery, and the Bonus from Funnel Health but W/O Argonian Passive the heal per tick is 113, which is 25% of 452
You would have to somehow bump Funnel Health's damage from 360 to 452. Which would require a damage increase of 25.5%.

With Argonian Passive and using Funnel Health instead of Swalllow Souls, the theoretical heal should be 122, which is 25% of 488.
So without Quick Recovery and Blessed, You would have to somehow bump Funnel Health's damage from 360 to 488. Which would require a damage increase of 35.55%

Edited by SmalltalkJava on October 28, 2015 7:43PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I am not so concerned with the NB or argonian specific stuff your post did answer a few questions I had, thank you!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never played a NB, as my one toon was a Sorc. I got to thinking about whether or not Strife and its morphs were effected by the heal champion point enhancement passives. When I got home from work the other day. I made new NB and got him to level 5.

When I got to level 5 I dumped some cp into Quick Recovery. Since it increases the effect that heals do on you, I wasn't sure if it would work with strife. Strife does iirc, 25% of damage back as a heal. I tested it on scamps, and wow, the damage remained the same but the lifetap heal went up. After that I dumped points into Blessed, which increases the effect of heals that you cast. My heal from strife went up again. then I morphed Strife into Swallow Soul for the heal buff bonus... >:) So I dumped the rest of my CP into Blessed and Quick Recovery and did some tests.

Theorycraft...
    • 40 points Quick Recovery = approx 9-10% heal bonus
    • 40 points Blessed = approx 13% heal bonus
    • Strife >> Swallow Soul (morph) = 8% heal bonus.
    • Max Argonian Passive. = approx 9% heal bonus

My test numbers:
    48 Points into Blessed (Apprentice CP Line)
    49 CP in Quick Recovery (Lord)

Strife Morphed to Swallow Soul Hit for 360 Damage
    • Baseline: 25% Heal from 360 Damage would be 90 Heal/Tick
    • Each tick healed me for 121 health (121 is 33.61111% of 360)

I wanted to know how much each contributed to the heal per tick going from 90 to 121
    • 48 CP in Blessed (Apprentice) grants 15% to any healing I cast. [15% of 90 is 13.5 bonus to each tick.]
    • 49 CP in Quick Recovery (Lord) grants 10.4% increase for heal received. [10.4% of 90 is 9.36 bonus to each tick]
    • Swallow Soul (strife morph) grants 8% Minor Vitality bonus. [8% of 90 is 7.2 bonus to each tick]
    So Add that all up and I got:
    • Swallow Soul: 90 baseline self heal + Blessed CP Bonus 13.5 health per tick + Quick Recovery Bonus 9.36 health per tick + Minor Vitality 7.2 health per tick = 120.06 Heal Per Tick which rounds up to 121 Heal per tick
    • Funnel Health: 90 baseline self heal + Blessed CP Bonus 13.5 health per tick + Quick Recovery Bonus 9.36 health per tick= 112.86 Heal Per Tick which rounds up to 113 Heal per tick

Now thinking about Argonian Theory leads me to believe Argonian bonus of 9% would equal 8.1 heal per tick [9% of 90 is 8.1 bonus to each tick] (even though this can't happen due to the toon level only being level 5. and it would need to be higher to get the 9% bonus)

Add it all up and include Argonian bonus
    Swallow Souls: 90 + Blessed Bonus 13.5 + Quick Recovery Bonus 9.36 + Minor Vitality 7.2 + Argonian Passive 8.1 = 128.7 Heal Per Tick. This would probably round up to 129 HOT Tick from Swallow Soul.
    Funnel Health: 90 baseline self heal + Blessed CP Bonus 13.5 health per tick + Quick Recovery Bonus 9.36 health per tick= 121.5 Heal Per Tick which rounds up to 122 Heal per tick

So the 90 per tick HOT jumps to 129 HOT Tick with everything.

It would be interesting to do a test on a full VR 16 NB. The rabbit hole of my idea leads me to thinking that NB siphoners may actually want to look into Argonian as a race. I don't have the numbers in front of me but iirc Argonians racial goes up to 10% heals bonus.

I also started thinking So how much would you have to pump up your Strife attack to equal that same health benefit without any of the heal passive bonuses?
    I am not sure if these calculations are correct. so I am putting them in a spoiler.

The initial Baseline Heal per tick was 90.
    The damage was 360.

Blessed combined with Quick Recovery, and the Bonus from Swallow Soul but W/O Argonian Passive the heal per tick is 121, which is 25% of 484
    So without Quick Recovery and Blessed, You would have to somehow bump Swallow Souls damage from 360 to 484. Which would require a damage increase of 34.4%.

With Argonian Passive the theoretical heal should be 129, which is 25% of 516.
    So without Quick Recovery and Blessed, You would have to somehow bump Swallow Soul's damage from 360 to 516. Which would require a damage increase of 43.33%

Blessed combined with Quick Recovery, and the Bonus from Funnel Health but W/O Argonian Passive the heal per tick is 113, which is 25% of 452
    You would have to somehow bump Funnel Health's damage from 360 to 452. Which would require a damage increase of 25.5%.

With Argonian Passive and using Funnel Health instead of Swalllow Souls, the theoretical heal should be 122, which is 25% of 488.
    So without Quick Recovery and Blessed, You would have to somehow bump Funnel Health's damage from 360 to 488. Which would require a damage increase of 35.55%

I already run this build.

Super effective in PVE, great in PVP. Major defile really screw you in PVP though.

Use stam pots, and potion cooldown jewelry enchantments. Your healing bonuses also affect the argonian passive on potion drinking to include magicka and stamina. One level 39 health pot gives me 8k health, 1900 health from argonian passive, 1.1k magicka and about 1k stamina.

Also, the healing from strife & refreshing path can crit, so do not neglect magic crit damage.
    Edited by usmcjdking on October 28, 2015 8:26PM
    Options
  • Shizashane
    Shizashane
    ✭✭✭
    Also been running this build since launch. At v16 my argonian has a consistent 9-13k hps, then when I drop an ultimate it shoots up to 20-39k pretty much any ability that heals I have on my bar, when I run healer. Pair that with entropy and inner light to achieve greater amount of hps/dps. Spell crit is a good thing to invest in as stated above, but don't forget spell penetration, just so you don't diminish your pvp, vpve dps game. I'm still working with raising my dps, but for a healer your good to go :)
    "Sound the charge, into glory ride! 10,000 side by side"
    Options
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I play a healer NB (no argonian) I use Funnel Health to heal allies, but good summary nevertheless.

All I may add is, invest CPs not just in Blessed and Quick Recovery, but in Arcanist (crit severity) and Thaumaturge too. the uniqueness of Strife is that damage = healing, so when you increase damage by Thaumaturge (or raw spell damage) you will increase healing too, because of the damage dependence (25% portion).

My healer NB is good for up to 10-12k single target dps in not optimized V16 gold equip (Kagrenac, Torug, Molag Kena Shoulder, but magicka reg on Willpower jewelry instead of spell damage) and a pretty hybrid CP spread (32 Blessed, 32 Arcanist, 32 Thaumaturge), if I get the most out of weaving and Spectral Assassin. Not too shabby and makes you super flexible (3 mouse clicks -> done, 1 click for outfitter, 2 clicks for SwapsContinued bar 1 and bar 2).
    Edited by Flameheart on October 29, 2015 10:49AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »
    Not too shabby and makes you super flexible (3 mouse clicks -> done, 1 click for outfitter, 2 clicks for SwapsContinued bar 1 and bar 2).

With Wykkyd Macros you can save gear sets+skills and load them with the push of a button, its really nice for tanks to switch to dps when there's no need for a tank.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options