The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I have a question about BWB and leveling

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What happens to you if you're in PVP and you level up to vet? Are you instantly removed from the area? Do you get charged to change your home campaign?
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You stay stuck. It happened to me when i first reached vet 1. i was in a cave and there was no way out, not even with the "get me unstuck" feature. i was panicking lol. I forgot how i ended up getting out but it was a pain in the balls!! just don't let it happen to you
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well if you're in a cave while it happens, that's when you get stuck lol. i'm not sure the case if you're in the outside world
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I levelled to VR1 in non-vet while in IC. Yeah, that was a bad move on my part.
    Basically my battle levelling was turned off automatically while fighting hordes of daedra and I died in seconds. So that is one downside. I couldn't enter any doors because because it said my level was too "low". I couldn't teleport. /stuck sent me back to the same area.. so I logged out. Upon logging back in I was in Bangkorai and Blackwater was removed as my home campaign. Obviously being VR1 I couldn't get back in, so rolled another character.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that sounds terrible D:

I'm glad you made it out eventually :cold_sweat:

I better stop when I reach lvl 48-ish, I'm leveling a lowbie that's 44 and was just wondering what happens, I never did BWB on my main character and have been having a blast having PVP be fun again. I was just wondering what would happen if in battle it happened and what would happen, or if I'm at a dolman or cave.
    Edited by Sheezabeast on October 28, 2015 9:29AM
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Basically my battle levelling was turned off automatically while fighting hordes of daedra and I died in seconds. So that is one downside. I couldn't enter any doors because because it said my level was too "low". I couldn't teleport. /stuck sent me back to the same area.. so I logged out. Upon logging back in I was in Bangkorai and Blackwater was removed as my home campaign. Obviously being VR1 I couldn't get back in, so rolled another character.

So they did remove it as your home campaign? That's good to know! Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry about those daedra, that must have made the oh-shite meter shoot up, doubled with stuck bringing you back to the same area D:
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So they did remove it as your home campaign? That's good to know! Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry about those daedra, that must have made the oh-shite meter shoot up, doubled with stuck bringing you back to the same area D:
    Heh yeah, it was a pretty scary experience! I had 3.5k in TV stones and was afraid they wouldn't carry over (they did fortunately).
    So yup, if you make VR1 while in BwB, you will remain there until you leave the area. Then you won't be allowed back in.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was panicking real bad haha i still remember. I thought i was gonna have to call it a night and wait for support to take over, but it was my only night off so i really would have been upset if i wouldn't have found a way out. I'm still really curious as to what it is i did to finally leave lol
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It can be fun to level to v1 in Cyrodiil. You can stay there and play normal as before, untill you log out or leave Cyrodiil (at least that was the case pre IC patch).
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be fun to level to v1 in Cyrodiil. You can stay there and play normal as before, untill you log out or leave Cyrodiil (at least that was the case pre IC patch).
    Hmm I wouldn't say normal. Like I said, I lost battle levelling immediately, so my stats were even worse than a level 10.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you die, you're also not allowed to spawn in any keep, nor at your home base. The only way is if you died to a NPC and self revive and maybe another player reviving you too
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I was panicking real bad haha i still remember. I thought i was gonna have to call it a night and wait for support to take over, but it was my only night off so i really would have been upset if i wouldn't have found a way out. I'm still really curious as to what it is i did to finally leave lol
    Man I know.. when /stuck didn't even work I was like omg.. going to have to contact support or something. Fortunately logging out and back in did the trick.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

The only time I've ever been stuck and unable to move anywhere was in Beta, Cheesemongers Hollow was seriously bugged and if you reloaded it logged you back in Cheesemongers Hollow and /stuck did the same thing. They eventually moved me to a safe location while I was offline, but it was frustrating to be stuck
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

was that recently after the IC patch?
    I wonder, now that you get battle leveled up to v14 in vet campaign, if you stay battle leveled when you reach v1 in nonvet
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

was that recently after the IC patch?
    Nah, this was like a week ago.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if you are outside, then you should be removed when you log off. if inside...... well... Oblivion save you
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me once when skysharding with some guildmates. Couldn't get ut of the cave. Had to get done in by the critters, log out, log in. The corpse was found on the streets by the good citizens of Bangkorai. At midday. It's still the talk of town. :D
    Halcyon Black
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, remember that^^