Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning after a Long Hiatus

KeyboardCowboy
Greetings and Well Met Travelers!

I have not played ESO in quite a long time (Last Year sometime was my last log in) and plan to return to give the game another go. I am not sure exactly what caused me to depart ways, but was probably lack of effort on my part because I did dive into the game just merely dabbled.

I plan to dive in and take full of the Justice system to become the Master Thief I always wanted to be and need help setting up a character. My question to you wonderful people is what Race/Class/Faction should I make to become a Mage Thief? Any insight on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
"Let teachers, priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content." - Conan the Barbarian
  • kad01121ub17_ESO
    Welcome back to ESO! i to am back form a long hiatus and also could use some help! maybe we could help each other? Inbox me if youd like!

AD High Elf, PC, NA, Server!
    New to MMo's Always looking for friends to quest with!
  • KeyboardCowboy
    I don't even know where to begin at this point! lol

I downloaded and patched the game this morning, but haven't logged in yet. I know my main focus will be Thieving I just don't know what class/playstyle I want to take.
    "Let teachers, priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content." - Conan the Barbarian
  • kad01121ub17_ESO
    what kind of weapon are you wanting?

• KeyboardCowboy
    Looking over the Classes and what not I am thinking I am going to use a Bow as a Sorcerer. The Sorcerer toolkit seems to be what I want with the boosts to Armor, Damage, Stamina, Heals with a crit. Now I just have to choose a Race...
    Edited by KeyboardCowboy on October 28, 2015 2:26AM
  • kad01121ub17_ESO
    id probably go with the Aldmeri dominion then might be your best bet :)

• KeyboardCowboy
    I believe I am actually going to go Ebonheart Pact, because my love of Skyrim. Hope to find a Thief's Guild based RP Guild or I will just have to start my own :). I just need to choose a Race and leaning towards Imperial personally.
    Edited by KeyboardCowboy on October 28, 2015 4:26AM
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Currently the justice system is fairly superficial...Any class/race/faction combo can make equal use of it, because you really only need enough stamina to remain in stealth long enough to swipe an item without an NPC noticing.

This may change when/if the second phase of the justice system is implemented (i.e. the part where other players will be able to become bounty hunters and seek out those with a price on their head), but no date for this has been set. Things may also change when the thieves guild is implemented next year (as one of the dlc updates), but we have no information as of now what this will look like.

I wouldn't return to this game for the justice system in its current form. If that is your only/primary reason for returning, I think you will be quickly bored/disappointed.
  • KeyboardCowboy
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    Currently the justice system is fairly superficial...Any class/race/faction combo can make equal use of it, because you really only need enough stamina to remain in stealth long enough to swipe an item without an NPC noticing.

This may change when/if the second phase of the justice system is implemented (i.e. the part where other players will be able to become bounty hunters and seek out those with a price on their head), but no date for this has been set. Things may also change when the thieves guild is implemented next year (as one of the dlc updates), but we have no information as of now what this will look like.

I wouldn't return to this game for the justice system in its current form. If that is your only/primary reason for returning, I think you will be quickly bored/disappointed.

I had fun with it before I left and I realize it's only in the 1st stage, but I also love to Roleplay and the PvE/PvP content is pretty good too.