Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

player scammed me - need your help

Nikkor
Nikkor
✭✭✭
very simply put. someone scammed me yesterday. I sent 680 rubedo leather and 100k gold to craft an armor set. He claimed to not receive mail and blocked me.

We can say its my fault if you want. If thats how you feel that's fine but your comments are not necessary. Regardless of the fact that I could have better protected myself. (I let my guard down this one time) and you can always better protect yourself. It does not change the fact that what the gamer did was messed up.

I have filed the complaint with zenimax. I have read of zenimax helping players out in similar situations and i've also heard of situations where nothing happened. I don't need to your opinion on wether or not they will do anything about it.

What i would love help with is the following.

1. if you are in any trading community. get the psn name out for people to blacklist.

2. if you have any tips at all with contacting zenimax or sony for help with a similar matter share what you learned if you want. It might help.

thanks again fellow eso gamers
Edited by ZOS_JR on October 27, 2015 7:34PM
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naming and shaming is not allowed. Even if they deserve it. Please edit your post so that it doesn't get deleted and serve to warn others of shady individuals.

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naming and shaming is not allowed. Even if they deserve it. Please edit your post so that it doesn't get deleted and serve to warn others of shady individuals.

What is worse? Steeling 100k and mats from someone, or mention the name?

PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is worse? Steeling 100k and mats from someone, or mention the name?

To me? Or to ZOS?
    Edited by myrrrorb14_ESO on October 27, 2015 7:15PM
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, sorry that really blows. I guess the Thieves Guild does exist in ESO...
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have an idea.

There could be a trading option at crafting stations, allowing you to "craft" the gear you want but you cannot take it out from the craft station before someone who can actually craft it comes.
    You (the buyer) craft the gear and have already used your mats and traits, and you also put in the gold you want to pay.
    The seller craft it and also recieve the money after its crafted. You, the buyer, then get the option to recieve the gear from the crafting station.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on October 27, 2015 7:18PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Criminal scum.

Good luck, and I hope you get your stuff back. @myrrrorb14_ESO is right, and you should edit the post to remove the name.
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    i tend to agree and have tried the past 5 minutes to get the gear to pop up and edit my post. It's not working. I refreshed the page. closed the browser. logged out and back in. Nothing. I will remove the name and only share privately as soon as it lets me.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nikkor wrote: »
    i tend to agree and have tried the past 5 minutes to get the gear to pop up and edit my post. It's not working. I refreshed the page. closed the browser. logged out and back in. Nothing. I will remove the name and only share privately as soon as it lets me.

Yeah, sometimes it is difficult to edit these forums.

I think you've everything you can from your end. Unfortunately, it is likely that you will not get your stuff.

I have been on the opposite side. Crafting for people who say they will reimburse your mats and don't. It totally sucks. Your case is the worst I have heard about. The value of mats plus gold... wow.

So sorry to hear about this.

I would say only do business with guildies, but even that is no guarantee.
    Edited by myrrrorb14_ESO on October 27, 2015 7:34PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what sucks about the VR16 mat requirements: NOBODY crafts Twice Born Star anymore unless you give them the mats upfront. You used to be able to find pre-crafted TBS in guild stores, but now you can't. It sucks!

@ZOS are you listening?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, sometimes it is difficult to edit these forums.

I think you've everything you can from your end. Unfortunately, it is likely that you will not get your stuff.

I have been on the opposite side. Crafting for people who say they will reimburse your mats and don't. It totally sucks. Your case is the worst I have heard about. The value of mats plus gold... wow.

So sorry to hear about this.

I would say only do business with guildies, but even that is no guarantee.

still not letting me edit but I will keep trying.

I do also appreciate your other comments. I tried to stay in guild but its been impossible to find a legit player thats able and willing to craft a 9 trait medium armor set. I have even asked several pc transfers I know. All were able to do 9 trait light but not medium. I then thought the person messaging me was sent to me by a trusted source. By the time I realized that wasn't the case it was too late.I might or might not get anything recovered from zenimax but I have to try.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    That's awful...I'm sorry to hear that it happened to you. Make sure you save any written communication you may have had with the offender (either in game or through PSN) as proof.

If you haven't already, also report the player to Sony. I've heard that sometimes they are more willing to take action, but as I don't play on console, I don't have first hand knowledge to back that claim up.
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    update : said player is currently trolling from a second psn. I hope he keeps it up.
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he didn't get it and blocked you because you made him upset with you blaming him?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always keep video of my screen in case anyone pulls that BS on me. I really suggest doing that. I really hope you get your stuff back, that really sucks!
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    OLIVI3R wrote: »
    Maybe he didn't get it and blocked you because you made him upset with you blaming him?

maybe you are assuming. AKA MAKING up stories in your head about what might have happened. Maybe I was very polite and simply waited and asked him to let me know when got it. Maybe he didn't respond one time. Maybe today he signed onto another psn and trolled.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish we could just post "writ of armor and weapon" requests on a board ingame near crafting stations.
    the buyer simply places and order of what type of armor he / she wants and puts that order on the "ingame public writ order board" for all to see.
    kind of like Quest's, you simply take the order you like and can do and make that persons armor and then once its complete put that armor back on the board as a completed set.
    the customer then recieves a mail telling them thier armor is complete, and just walk to the board and take your armor buy COD from the board :)
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do also appreciate your other comments. I tried to stay in guild but its been impossible to find a legit player thats able and willing to craft a 9 trait medium armor set. I have even asked several pc transfers I know. All were able to do 9 trait light but not medium. I then thought the person messaging me was sent to me by a trusted source. By the time I realized that wasn't the case it was too late.I might or might not get anything recovered from zenimax but I have to try.

I'm sorry mate about what happened to you, and I hope the "crafter" will be severely punished, somehow...
    For your future crafting attempts I can recommend my guild master @Sergun from Aetherius Gate trading guild, really good guy, who already crafted me few times a set of Twice-Born Star. He claims he has all armor types and traits unlocked. I send him my mats and pay after job's done by COD, 5-8k gold per low lvl set is a really fair price (well tbh it can;t be high since it's only a cost of few minutes for porting to Craglorn and some efforts). Negotiated of course :smile: . Hope it helps you in the future.

Edit: I just found a similar looking case with payable ww bite - link
    As it says •Some players may offer or request payment, and we want to remind everyone that if you choose to pay for a bite, you do so at your own risk.
    Accepting in-game payment for a service like this and not delivering the agreed upon service is a violation of the game’s Terms of Service.

And the game rules point 8. says:
    You agree not to use any Service to:
    •Promote, upload, transmit, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or Virtual Currency or virtual items. In an effort to continuously improve the Services, You and other players discovering exploits, cheats, cracks or other inconsistencies are required to report them to ZeniMax;

Some base to raise a solid complain imo.
    Edited by Gargath on October 28, 2015 10:25AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

I'm sorry mate about what happened to you, and I hope the "crafter" will be severely punished, somehow...
    For your future crafting attempts I can recommend my guild master @Sergun from Aetherius Gate trading guild, really good guy, who already crafted me few times a set of Twice-Born Star. He claims he has all armor types and traits unlocked. I send him my mats and pay after job's done by COD, 5-8k gold per low lvl set is a really fair price (well tbh it can;t be high since it's only a cost of few minutes for porting to Craglorn and some efforts). Negotiated of course :smile: . Hope it helps you in the future.

Edit: I just found a similar looking case with payable ww bite - link
    As it says •Some players may offer or request payment, and we want to remind everyone that if you choose to pay for a bite, you do so at your own risk.
    Accepting in-game payment for a service like this and not delivering the agreed upon service is a violation of the game’s Terms of Service.

And the game rules point 8. says:
    You agree not to use any Service to:
    •Promote, upload, transmit, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or Virtual Currency or virtual items. In an effort to continuously improve the Services, You and other players discovering exploits, cheats, cracks or other inconsistencies are required to report them to ZeniMax;

Some base to raise a solid complain imo.

Wow! - thank you so much

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far I have been lucky, never been scammed.

I have one crafter, that I found on this forum and everything is going very well.

Sorry for your luck, I would be willing to help you If I could. ( PC, NA server )

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)