Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to learn other styles of crafting/Blacksmithing etc.

JOE_WILLIE
Like the title says how do I learn to use other styles, I'm a high elf so I start with using Adamantite. Is it possible for a high elf to use bone, starmetal, etc? If so how?
PC - NA - AD

Magicka Sorcerer
Magicka Templar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, look for Motif Books in Furniture in towns, and knapsacks and urns in the world. You can also find them in Guild Stores, sometimes pretty cheap. Read it then you can make the style (you also need the Style Material too like for High Elf)

Not if you find one in town, it will probably be stolen, you can read it and learn it. You only need to Launder it if you want to trade it to another player.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC EU common racial styles cost 200-300 gold, rare ones 10.000 -20.000. Imperial motif is the rarest and still coszs around 100.000 gold. Then there are special styles like dwemer, glass and xyvkin. Those come in pages, not books. You have to learn them by chapters. Each page is for a specific item like dwemer axes, glass helmets and so on.
    Dwemer pages can be found in dwemer ruins in urns. Xivkyn pages in imperial city vaults, but you need the DLC and 60 trophies to open them. Glass fragments come in crafting writs rewards. 10 fragments can be used to make a random page with a special resin that costs 10.000. It's quite a grind, and the needed style materials are another grind.

Dwemer need frames, made from 10 scraps found in dwemer loot.
    Xivkyn needs special charcoal, found in IC or by deconstructing.
    Glass needs malachit, created with 10 shards you find in random chests.

And with new Orsinium DLC comes new styles. Mercenaries (or was that Akaviri?)need millions alliance points
    And laurels found in pledges rewards.

So styles are a massive grind. Or you can just buy them in clown store for hard cash...
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So styles are a massive grind. Or you can just buy them in clown store for hard cash...

The rare Purple Styles are a grind. The common Alliance Styles are not unless you decide to farm the books yourself.

• rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't found styles grindy at all (save for glass and Xy.) During my first month I was able to get all the basic racials (came in at unlimited), and after a couple of months had money or the more rare ones (Ancient Elf, Imperial, etc.) At this point the only non-glass / Xy one I'm missing is Barbaric, which no one ever seems to be selling in open trade calls. (Not worth it to me to scower all the vendors for it.)

If you look around you may just find those with extra. (I've got probably nearly a full extra set of basic ones in my bank.) You may find friends you have made who are crafters have some saved up in their banks for friends. :)
    Edited by rabb1t_ESO on October 28, 2015 4:28PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rabb1t_ESO wrote: »
    one I'm missing is Barbaric, which no one ever seems to be selling in open trade calls. (Not worth it to me to scower all the vendors for it.)

Barbaric is one of the Motifs I see in the Guild Stores all the time. Most people don't like it that much, although I find it to be a good way to mix and match Light and Heavy.